Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perdition's Flames!

Perdition's Flames!

Over on the Decipher site, they've released for download a free 10-page adventure called 'Perdition's Flames!' and it's set around the crew of an intrepid class just before the end of DS9.
    It's quite an interesting adventure featuring Trek favourites such as Klingons and energy entities but dear god! Have they never heard of a proof reader?

Crow

Angry

Originally posted by Scarecrow
    It's quite an interesting adventure featuring Trek favourites such as Klingons and energy entities but dear god! Have they never heard of a proof reader?
    No, I haven't.

At least, not at around midnight when I have to catch a flight at six am for Milwaukee and had to rewrite about 10K words on my own.

Also, it's not my responsibility to edit the document for distribution when Decipher sat on it for two years. The fact that they wholesale released my PDF, unchanged, doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Ultimately, you get what you paid for. Enjoy.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

My, someone's just a tad testy today.

Someone hasn't learned not to bait the admin yet.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Wow! Well, I wasn't expecting that tirade for making a simple, and in my opinion justified, observation.

Don, you seem to be under the impression that I was blaming you personally. I'm not sure why. Firstly I had no idea that you had written it. Also, when I used the word 'they', I was referring to Decipher as a company whom I would expect to proof read any product before making it publicly available free or otherwise. I mean, they've had two years, apparently.

I actually quite liked the adventure. I think it's a good introductory game. I obviously wasn't graphic enough in relating this.

I apologise if you feel baited, as Dan suggested. I would never conciously bait anyone.

Sincere apologies,

Scarecrow

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    Someone hasn't learned not to bait the admin yet.
    Oh, come on. That reaction was totally uncalled for. Scarecrow was only saying that whoever put the adventure up on the site should have done a little proof reading before hand. He wasn't taking a shot at Don or anyone else.

Didn't say it wasn't. It was just a joke, Phantom, poking a little fun at the ongoing 'issues' between you and Don. Just trying to lighten the tone a tad, so need to get shirty.

Besides, tell me (with a straight face) that what you said wasn't on some level an attempt to bait Don? Hmmmmmmmm

Scarecrow, I think you caught Don on a bad day. I wouldn't sweat it. My previous comment, in case it isn't already apparent, wasn't aimed at you.

By the way, you'll have to excuse my lousy grasp of geography, but is Cheltenham anywhere near Sheffield?
    Last edited by Capt Daniel Hunter; 03-30-2004 at 04:01 PM.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Hay that rocks! Now I just need to figure out how to make it playable for ICON.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

delete this.
    Last edited by Setvenharis; 03-30-2004 at 06:16 PM.
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Naa......It's only a snidey flame like comment directed at someone I dislike.
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

Didn't say it wasn't. It was just a joke, Phantom, poking a little fun at the ongoing 'issues' between you and Don. Just trying to lighten the tone a tad, so need to get shirty.

Besides, tell me (with a straight face) that what you said wasn't on some level an attempt to bait Don? Hmmmmmmmm

Shirty? Is that even a word? Or have we been watching too much Buffy?

Yeah, saw the smiley afterwards. I am officially on record as saying "OOOPPPS."

::in best german accent:: Hmm. very intereszting analyziz. I zuppose I vould have to zay mmmmm,,,maybe.

I just didn't see a need for him to go off like that.
    Last edited by Phantom; 03-30-2004 at 10:49 PM.

No, in all actuality, there was no need at all to go off on him like that.

IMHO, an apology may be due, but I think 'twould be best if it was just let go.
    "Jenny, allow me to write the stupid bastard a prescription..."

"How long have you been wanting to say that?"

"Thought of it last Tuesday."

-- The Doctor and Jenny Sparks (The Authority #2)

Scarecrow, I think you caught Don on a bad day. I wouldn't sweat it.
    Yeah, I figure that's the case. He was perfectly civil when he posted his very helpful and informative response to my Phasers question on RPG.net. It certainly wasn't my intention to make a personal attack. If anything I wanted to draw attention to the scenario as I'd not seen it mentioned on these boards yet.

My previous comment, in case it isn't already apparent, wasn't aimed at you.
    Yeah, I realised that. No worries

By the way, you'll have to excuse my lousy grasp of geography, but is Cheltenham anywhere near Sheffield?
    Not atall It's at the top (and slightly east) of the River Severn that divides South Wales from England. Sheffield's much further north.

Cheers

Crow

Originally posted by Scarecrow
    Not atall It's at the top (and slightly east) of the River Severn that divides South Wales from England. Sheffield's much further north.
    And it is a dump (Sheffield that is, not Cheltenham) although it's no where near as bad as Birmingham. Cheltenham, on the other hand is really nice. As is Gloucester which is quite near.
    We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins