Thread: 'Small' Ship Needed

'Small' Ship Needed

Does anyone out there have a line on artwork for a relatively small size Federation ship of about 11 decks?

I'm aware of classes such as the Nova, Rhode Island and Katana but I'm trying to find one which could serve for a game background I'm developing. I've scanned Ad Astra, Scifi-Meshes, 3DGladiators, Star Trek Australia (?) and no luck so far.

TIA.

What's wrong with those classes you mentioned?

In a perfect world I'd have the skills to draw or model the ship I have in mind. Barring that, I'm attempting to cast as wide a net as possible to see what the real artist's out there have come up with that meets or could meet my self imposed requirements.

From what few screen captures are available, the Rhode Island, tweaked in a few spots, is pretty much what I want. However, the drawings and models I have located to date vary quite a bit in capturing the design as it appeared on screen.

So as to not hem myself in, I am also purposely looking for ships which are of the right size but which are not like the RI as an alternative. (Katana is a good example of this).

Sure this is a fairly wide open approach but I thought it was worth a try.

You might want to check out Publius' Nova and Rhode Island deck plans which were originally discussed here. The page has plans of all eight decks of both ships (including both bridge configurations of the Rhode Island), the Waverider, several shuttle types, external elevations, and an MSD cutaway as well.
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 03-31-2004 at 11:42 PM.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Thanks for the URL for that site, I lost my bookmarks about a month ago and I hadn't tried to track it down again yet.
    Quite frankly those deckplans make me drool as I wish I had 1/10th the ability to do things like that.

Thanks for the help.