Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Citadel Class Station Deck Plans

Citadel Class Station Deck Plans

I've completed the Citadel Class Defense Outpost deck plans in Campaign Cartographer 2. 33 decks have been mapped out in detail. The map also has an orthographic view and the station dedication plaque.

To download the full map, go to the Anomaly web site and enter the transfer section. Note that the map requires either Campaign Cartographer 2 or the free CC2 Viewer/Printer. You can get the viewer from the Pro Fantasy Web Site.
    Last edited by Anomaly; 04-04-2004 at 11:06 AM.

Here's some thumbnails:

Feel free to offer comments, criticism or snide remarks.

You obviously have way to much freetime

The look fabolous! Great!
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

That's a hugelly impressive floorplan! I've only been able to get into a few decks (I'm not overly chuffed witht he way navigation works in campaign cartographer!) but it's great how much detail you put in there.

I once started a project, making up my own sovereign class cross section - http://combhome.wafel.net/Work/Phoenix-section.swf - but I got a little bored of making all the fiddlies, and I couldn't work out how to make flash interactivelly zoom in and out (other than by the right click zoom in / out commands built in to the viewer)

Tremendous stuff anyway, keep us informed of any other designs!
    Ta Muchly

Due to an issue arising with Pro Fantasy, I've had to take the station map down for the time being, but it will return soon. (This, BTW, is a positive 'issue', and not legal threats - whew.)

Thanks for the nice words, guys.

Evan, it took about 200 hours of free time over three years. Thankfully it all wasn't in one big chunk. Initially it would take me days to complete one deck, but toward the end, it would only take about 4-6 hours to complete one.

And Tobian, you should finish your side-view! What is there looks really great!

Excellent work, boss. Your Chief of Security approves.

One question though, I downloaded the thing day before yesterday and the colors are all funky...?

:|||)

--mac

Define 'funky'?

Does it not look how it looks in the thumbnails above?

I think he means exactly that - the colours are Funky!

it would be nice to have a more 'printer friendly' version that has either more muted (or realistic) tones, or is a simple black and white walls (though I think you could leave the LCARS elements, and plant decals and such in place)

printing out a plan with large areas of solid colour is very taxing on the old ink cartriges!

I hadn't checked, but perhaps the 'floor colour' layter(s) could be made to become invisible for the purposes of printing - as this could be an excelent player handout!
    Ta Muchly

Click the Layers button, hide the 'COLOR' layer, and there you are - all the detail except the colored background.

The doors and the other symbols are on different layers, too. To hide all symbols (and not the doors), hide the SYMBOL DEFINITION layer.

A Small Blue World at the end of one of the Spiral Arms of the Milky Way Galaxy.
    Thanks Anomaly

I've just got the viewer loaded & they look great.

Very useful, & the colours are definitly 'Funky'

(No printing issues here, i can print at work )

Sundowner
    Sundowner

"Sure, it will probably explode. But at least I won't be in it, on it, or near it."

Originally posted by Anomaly
    Define 'funky'?

Does it not look how it looks in the thumbnails above?
    Not on my system, though admittedly it may just be my system... rather than the reds and yellows, I'm getting grainy pinks and purples... which seem to change everytime I click between pages...

--mac

Thanks, Sundowner.

Mac - what version of CC2 are you using? Are you using the viewer, or are you using the full CC2 version? Do you have the latest video drivers for your video card updated?

This is something you may want to get in touch with Pro Fantasy about and get some technical support - but do me a favor and wait until after the map is re-released before asking them about it. I don't wanna get in trouble.

Take care,