Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Citadel Class Station Deck Plans

Lightwave? Did you mean Illustrator? We went from 2d vector to 3d. Both are great tools to be sure, though, so I'll agree with the sentiment either way.

I use Illustrator every day at work, and as I go back and forth between it and CC2, I often find myself wishing CC2 had some of Illustrator's features, and vice-versa.

Marking up business cards and flyers isn't nearly as fun as building bridges, though.

LOL sorry about that I have lightwave on the brain at the moment. I'm building my own space station in it

But yes I meant to say Illustrator. Actually i've found Illustrator remarkably handy when used in conjunction with Lighttwave for both making up texture maps and making cut out pieces.

I use Illustor and photoshop at work and I have to agree there, making sci-fi is allot more fun!
    Ta Muchly

Originally posted by Uruz
    There is a problem with Laco's image. There's no thought-bubble that says 'Roar'
    Yeah, and I noticed there were was no Science Frill (tm) or pile of steaks to gnaw on.

--mac

With the closing of TrekRPG.net imminent, I figured I would update everyone now on the S419 Map and the Trek Symbol Catalogs.

The S419 Map will be released in about a week or two.

The Trek symbol catalogs will be fully available in about 3 months - I have picked up a collaborator who has his own archive, and together we have about 500 Star Trek symbols.

The news I couldn't tell you about in the past was that I've been doing space symbols for Pro Fantasy's Cosmographer. While there's nothing specifically Star Trek in it, there are some distinctly Trek-like symbols within. If you have CC2, and are a sci-fi gamer, you should pick it up for sure. It's slated to be out on August 16th. Check http://www.profantasy.com for details.

The reason I pulled my station map is that they may distribute it with Cosmographer. Don't know for sure, but better safe than sorry.

You can keep tabs on both projects at the Ferengi Blue Room (Lt. Commander Matt's new board), and at my game site and my mapping site:

http://anomaly.mushpark.com

and

http://www.stellarcartographer.com

Note that the latter I am available for commissions to do maps for your games. If you are interested in having your game world (whether it is your sector, your ship, your planet, or your medieval town) mapped in a professional format, contact me via the latter site. Many examples of my work can be viewed there, too. I'm still just cranking up this site, so never mind the tribbles in the hard-hats.

And finally, to Jon: Thank you. For everything. You know what 'everything' entails.

Kevin aka Anomaly