Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LUG items

LUG items

Can the LUG books be downloaded anywhere?

Not legally.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

This subject brought something to mind, Don. An idle question, perhaps, but one that's occasionally occured to me over the course of the last several months: If you do choose to go ahead with the Trek-RPG.net relaunch, would the on-line store (which I recall fondly from those days between LUG's fadeaway and Decipher's hiring of the production team) have any part in the plans?

I recall that there was a pretty brisk business going for a while there; and although I'm unaware as to the state of any of the stock - still in storage, completely sold out, disbursed, put on e-Bay, what have you - I'm wondering if something like that might be a possible contributor to the financial well-being of the refurbished site. If, as you previously stated, Decipher is looking for more of an exit strategy than a long-term commitment to Trek gaming, would a similar possibility open up for Coda as well? Or did the situation with LUG work only because the company itself had liquidated?

Also, as I last recall, you'd been musing about the introduction of Trek-RPG.net mugs. We need them. I need them. Hoardes of trembling, rag-clad caffeine addicts beseech the heavens for them as I write this. Let's end the suffering in our lifetime and introduce countless teenagers to the Arabian and Columbian pleasures of black, regular and double-double!

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    Not legally.
    But if the company is dead, why is it not legal?

Because someone still owns the copyrights.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Because LUG was sold to Wizards of the Coast, including all copyrights. Besides, there is still Paramount, who might also be able to prosecute you.

Talking

Originally posted by D.S.McBride
    Also, as I last recall, you'd been musing about the introduction of Trek-RPG.net mugs. We need them. I need them. Hoardes of trembling, rag-clad caffeine addicts beseech the heavens for them as I write this. Let's end the suffering in our lifetime and introduce countless teenagers to the Arabian and Columbian pleasures of black, regular and double-double!
    Wow, you have quite the memory! Yes, I did put together a store in the past but never officially rolled it out (the Decipher arrangement was rearing its head). I still have the graphics that I did. In fact, even some sample product. (Doug has the "Ultra Limited Edition (1 ever!) TrekRPGNet Mousepad," for example! ) I'm particularly fond of the TrekRPGNet "thermal inhibitor," aka a coaster.

Without much trouble I could get that running again.

Regarding old LUG product, yes I was able to move that pretty well. Unfortunately I think their value has decreased somewhat; I just found another box after my move into my new home. (I intend to just give that material away.)

Let me see about getting that Cafe Press store running again...
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Let me see about getting that Cafe Press store running again...
    It's probably total fanboy talk, but - if you're serious about starting up Store Trek again - I always thought the mugs should come in five possible color choices: Black and white; and gold, blue and red.

Collect all five, submit proof of purchase and win a chance to guest star on an Enterprise episode as T'Pol's ponn far sex toy! Also available: one hundred copies of the poster of Terry Farrell walking off the Paramount lot after DS9's sixth season.
    Wow, you have quite the memory!
    BTW, thank you for the compliment.

(Doug has the "Ultra Limited Edition (1 ever!) TrekRPGNet Mousepad," for example! )
    Yep. Still using it, too.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

If you are interested in LUG stuff you can still find stuff in games shops.

In the UK: www.spiritgames.com has some (at reduced prices) as does www.waylandsforge.com

In the US try www.nobleknoght.com

Of course if Don's planning to give stuff away, you might want to wait.

Don: sign me up for a mug and some thermal inhibitors (if you will ship to the UK).
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Thumbs up

Best US site (I've plugged 'em before and will continue to) I've found is Stiggybaby's. Excellent prices, shipping and customer service. You can't go wrong!

http://www.stiggybaby.com
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Turns out that store that I setup is still there. I have one item that I have to fix but afterwards I'll open it.

Coffee mugs for everyone!
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

Count me in for a Coffee cup and maybe even a mouse pad

Turns out that store that I setup is still there. I have one item that I have to fix but afterwards I'll open it.
    Coffee mugs for everyone!
    This is the part where I go into a Homer Simpson-like paroxysm of ecstasy ("Star Trek mugs...gaharahrah..."). Count me in for pretty much one of everything, and up to five in the case of the mugs - if you do, in fact, decide to go with the five-color set. Which, if you know what's good for yuz, you'll put into production ASAHP.

I will have my credit card standing by; Store Trek, here we come!

Thumbs up

Okay, I've got it online!

If anyone has product/image suggestions, please pass them along. I'll make a more public announcement after I have some time to finish up the other products.
    Contributor, Gnome Stew