Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Decipher Revelations about TrekRPG

Dunno, I'm still keeping a patient attitude. I will not believe anything until they release an official announcement or...

*rereads thread*

Aaah, now I get it. Wow, ain't it cool news?

------------------
    Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality

Arrow

<font color="orange">Of course, the irony of Decipher taking not just the license, but the game designers from WOTC is even more amazing......</font>

Well, they only took the license from under WotC/LUG. But at least (as I have stated earlier), they are smart enough to realize an opportunity was given to them when WotC and Hasbro laid off many people (it was either that or suffer a tremendous financial debt).

For now, I can forgive Decipher. I will not buy any of their card game products (yeah, I'm in therapy for that one) but I will buy their RPG products because of patron loyalty to the former LUG staff.

*rubs hands together*

Now let's see if I can screw with <font color="red">skullcrusher</font> who once graced his presence on this board a long time ago and trolled us about the poor quality of LUG products and the lack of customer service. (With his impatient attitude, who would help him?) He must be bashing his head on a wall when he got the news. Hehehe.

------------------
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

Thumbs up

Listened to the news release on their site with Christian Moore. Sounds good so far; the idea that they might have cleaned up the system a bit I like the sound of...

Now, to wait for the product...

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the kind words The last few years have been interesting, to say the least...

I'm leaving for GAMA on Sunday, and my weekend will be spent finishing our preparations. When I return, I'll post some more detailed information regarding upcoming products, plans, etc. We'd like to involve the TrekRPG.net community as we move forward under the Decipher banner.

I'd also like to publicly thank Don and the other moderators for being such an integral part of our past (and hopefully, future) success. Thanks also to all the folks on these boards who have kept the Trek roleplaying torch burning brightly through some uncertain times.

While I'll be gone for a week, I'm sure Steve, Ross, Don, and the rest will chime in here soon.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program

Christian

"and the rest."

This is what it feels like to be Mary Ann

Ooh.

Mmmmm.

Never let it be said that I waste an opportunity [goes off to feel some more].

AslanC Guest

Great news I would think

Just listened to the Radio Free Decipher bit.

Christian, as someone who has just spent a year and a half as an on-air personality at a start up News Radio station here in Montreal, let me say that was a terrific interview. You accounted yourself intelligently, intelligibly and with a grace and class that marks you as a good interview.

I have moved on from the station I was at, but I hope somewhere down the road I will get the chance to interview you myself.

Until that day keep up the good work, you are an excellent front man for your "family" as you put it.

Kai! The Khomerex Zha continues!

------------------
    Aslan Collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Star Trek:Strange New Worlds;
    http://www.geocities.com/aslan_collas/
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

To All the LUG former staff:

I am a new GM using your system and I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my little heart. You have brought us countless hours of pleasure with your system and I wish you all the best. Here's hoping that Decipher truly realizes what an asset they've aquired.

Furthermore, I came into this during the dark times and never realized it until I read some of the strings here. So I thought you were doing nothing but good. But hearing that the good times are back again for you guys is a good thing.

So are you keeping the ICON system? Just wondering.

James Udan

------------------
    "See Everything; overlook a great deal; correct a little." -Pope John XXIII

Most interesting! Maawaahhhaaaa!

What was the catch about more/bigger products?

What, one core rule book?

The evolved ship combat may well mean Space Dock.

Better graphics? Perhaps the likes of Decipher's stills from the CCG.

Better system? ICON v.2 or a new but highly compatible system?

And of course our very own honoured and humbled fan site.

Congrats to all LUG staff and Don for the site!

Hooray!

------------------
    '...The Borg have stopped at deck 10...'
    '...Deflector Control, no vital systems...'

Not a vital system! What the heck do you think stops the ship going 'poof' every time it goes to warp?

- ST:First Contact; Lt Hawk

Congratulations to all the folks at Decipher West.

I look forward to buying all those cool new products

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter
    CO NCC-73602, U.S.S. Intrepid
    Star Trek: Intrepid

Actually, I just had a thought.

With the news that the LUG folks will be producing the new Trek RPG for Decipher (which may or may not be an updated ICON system or similar) what does that mean for the electronic publications Don et al are working on?

Will they be published here, or is there a chance you'll just hold 'em back and see what Christian's team do. Or is it possible that they'll actually be formally published (in some form) by Decipher?

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter
    CO NCC-73602, U.S.S. Intrepid
    Star Trek: Intrepid

For the most part, I'll leave it to Christian to address the various questions people are raising. However, let me touch on one point SIR SIG raised.

At this point, the Decipher Trek rules are NOT (not, not, not) going to include or use the Spacedock rules for starship combat. Those rules are my property, and they haven't approached me about buying or otherwise using them. It's my understanding from speaking with Christian that Decipher doesn't want anything that complex; they're perfectly content to let me go on providing complex ship stats to the hard-core fans on my own time if I'm so inclined (and I am ).

The Decipher ship rules will probably be somewhat more refined and better than the basic LUGTrek ship rules, but they aren't going to be anywhere near the level of SD.

Steve Long

With the news that the LUG folks will be producing the new Trek RPG for Decipher (which may or may not be an updated ICON system or similar) what does that mean for the electronic publications Don et al are working on?
    I can only speak for myself, but I have no intention of not publishing the e-books already promised, as time allows. So, expect to see the DWS and other SRMs in the near future.

People working on fan-based sourcebook projects may want to halt work for a time to find out what Decipher plans for its product line. Or they may not. It's up to them.

Steve Long

Good advice, Steve. The Trill sourcebook work has slowed to a crawl for now anyway, so we'll wait to see what Decipher comes up with.

[This message has been edited by Caretaker (edited 03-17-2001).]

Smile

Yeah, you notice the Borg and AI supplements haven't really taken off, either.

Let's just wait and see what's what.

mactavish out.

Arrow

sit and wait
    is the only thing we can do

sur they are many interogations but it is too early

but i curious to see a decipher rpg