Thread: The Hall of Fire, Issue #5

The Hall of Fire, Issue #5

The newest issue of <i>The Hall of Fire</i> is ready for download!

This issue sees a new section called "A Field Guide to Middle Earth" by our newest staff writer, ReptileJK, the final part for the fan-made Rohan supplement, optional rules for mounts, new allies and adversaries, more creatures, and plenty more.

The issue can be downloaded here OR
    Webzine's home site
    Mirror site
    CODA RPG Tools (soon)

Hope you enjoy it

GOB
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Cpt. Lundgren; 07-19-2007 at 07:57 AM.

To ReptileJK...

In looking at the new release, I noticed that we welcomed you in the beginning but I forgot to include you at the end with the credits.

I apologize and I will make sure that that is correctedwith next issue.

Tomcat

Watertown, WI (between Madison and Milwaukee), USA

Thanks, Tomcat.

I noticed it, but realized that you guys are probably pretty busy with the webzine layout, etc. Wasn't a big deal, so I figured I'd just make a mention of it at a later date.

Thanks for letting me know that it will be corrected, however.
    Reptile
    In the hierarchy of living organisms, it's snakes all the way down.

I corrected the issue and the credits

I corrected the issue and the credits.

It has been re-uploaded.

Submissions

I'm not clear as to what differences are entailed between submitting an article under the heading "Fan Content" and the heading "Writer." Could someone explain?

FAN CONTENT v. WIRTERS

It is simple -

FAN CONTENT is for any person out there that has made a character, place, or house rule (list could go on) and would like to submit it.

WRITERS are permanent names on the webzine that are willing to work monthly on making new content for the mag and keeping it going.

Also, though GoB might have not agree with this, but I believe it is the credit given to those who jumped in from the beginning (back when a call went out) to make The Hall of Fire and have spent the time and energy, consistantly, each month to carry forward the project.

I hope that covers your question.

Tomcat

Thank You!

I hold myself answered. I thought that might be the case, but I've too often created gaffs over my assumptions to not exercise a little caution before jumping the gun, you know, like submitting a full length article type thing, only to be told that it's too long for fan content, and should have been submitted to fan content...

D' OHH!!!

Er, that is I meant "...find that it should have been submitted under "Writer"... Jeez, is that coffee finished brewing yet? I obviously need more.

Well what I consider fan content really is anything except full-length articles as in the creatures, allies, adversaries, new spells, edges, flaws, abilities, etc. Anyone and everyone is welcome to submit articles, one time items or a series. If you would like to join the regular staff and write a regular column or do something else, say help with layout, etc., let me or any of the others on staff know and they will direct you to me to work out the details.

In the open call for Fan Content, see above for what that's about. In the open call for Writers, it is mainly for new staff writers, but, again, we won't turn away one-shot articles by freelancers.