Thread: Common Folk

Common Folk

This is to RickInNC (and to any others that would like o give input):

Hey Rick,

First of all, I have read your list of archetype characters that you would like to have handy for your game and it is extensive... it will take me a little time to write them all up !

But, I have started this and will be adding to it with your suggestions - I would just like your input on it. Are you getting enough information from it that you need? And if I make a archetypical Middle-man barkeep, can you not just rename him and put him in any town you would like?

With GoB's permission, I am going to make a sub-section to the Allies and Adversaries section of <i>The Hall of Fire</i> and call it the "Commoners Gallery". Monthly I will have a group of NPC commoners for players and narrators alike.

Please take a look at the attached PDF document and answer my above questions from it... I would greatly appreciate it!

And I am very interested to have contributions from whomever would like to add to the "Commoners Gallery". Just email them to me at uvonbek@yahoo.com.

Thanks and I look forward to your input.

Doug
    Attached Files Attached Files

Excellent!

Great work! That was the kind of thing I was thinking about! Most of these, as you mentioned, can be placed in other lands and adjusted to suit, and I think the Commoner's Gallery would be a welcome addition!

One thing, if you could add it, would be some of the more seedy kinds of characters as well, especially those in the southern parts of M-E, like Corsairs, and so forth. I will even try to add a few as my time permits.

Thanks, and send Sara Townsend to my table for another round on me!
    Rick

"You Shall Not Pass!" -Gandalf, in his first jobs as a driver's ed instructor, then as a urologist, then as an English Teacher

Thumbs up Just one thing noticed.

Like it!

Only noticed one problem..... the background and info for the last character is the same as the one before it.

Tom

Hey Tom...

Yea, I know. I have been copying and pasting the basic format and I have not finished the last character.

There are to be about another 20 common characters.

This looks great

My only thought is that it might be easier to find these things when GMing if the title was a brief description, e.g. 'Hobbit Cook/Barmaid' for Jasmine Underbrush. That would also allow you to give two or three names: perfect for GMs who are rubbish at thinking up names on the fly
    John

Anyway, you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission...quest...thing.

Great Idea...

When I do the final layout in the Hall of Fire, I will use this suggestion. We'll see about those extra names - I suffer the same problem at times !

Thanks for your input Data...

Tomcat