0 0%

7 24.14%

11 37.93%

7 24.14%

1 3.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ST Enterprise: Rate "Damage"

ST Enterprise: Rate "Damage"

Enterprise's return to TV! What'd you think?
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

I thought it was pretty good. I kinda felt T'Pol's revelation was a bit hokey, but overall it was nice follow up to Azati Prime . I found the whole "tables are turned" scenario interesting and Archer's close encounter with the Xindi aquatics was kinda funny.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Not a bad episode. Certainly not your Roddenberry's Trek and it gives new meaning to when Picard says " We have a more evolved sensibility... "
    Last edited by Capt. Anderson; 04-22-2004 at 05:56 PM.
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain

I gave it a seven. The aftermath of the Xindi attack was well written, as was the subplot involving Archer's decision to steal a warp core from the alien ship. Less enjoyable was the revelation that somone as ostensibly smart as T'Pol would do something as stupid as she did; a pet peeve is when smart characters are written stupidly. Now, that subplot may arc, and it may be a commentary on drug abuse, and if that's true, it has some potential.

Missed it.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    At least Daniels didn't step in and hit the reset button. And the story lines were ok to me. T'Pol was either stupid or curious, maybe a little arrogant, she thought she could handle it, something many addicts think before starting a habit. And yes, even smart people take drugs....
    Archer's conduct is tougher, Archer will probably have a serious investigation into his command decisions when he makes it back to Starfleet Command, even if he does save the world, and the decision to take the warp core from the aliens by force will proabably come back to haunt him. And if some of his orders were illegal, his crew wouldn't have to follow them. But he's getting desperate, he's lost almost a quarter of his crew and the ship is a wreck. The next few episodes should be interesting, and next season could be the Romulan war if they wrap up the Xindi, remember weeks and months pass between some episodes...
    What was the last date in his log anyway?
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

The one thing that bothered me was the price of stealing the warp coil wasn't as harsh (one Maco guy was wounded). By the way, did anyone think what Archer did comparable to what Sisko did in "Pale Moonlight"

Cool

A really great follow-up episode would have the Enterprise attempt to find the alien ship and rescue them- only to discover that they have all died. Harsh, I know... and I'm not sure that the series could get away with it. Such an event would probably get toned down to "most of them died and the few that are left are really, really bitter."

All things considered, I've been very happy with the series this season. I would hate to see it end now.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    I gave it a 8. It had a good beat, and I could dance to it.

I liked it. I thought it was very edgy as far as Trek is concerned.

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

A great episode. A friend of mine said that parts of Archer's dialog with the alien captain are similar to what the raider said to Archer when they first got to the Expanse, but I wasn't sure (but that would've been cool!)

T'pol taking the obviously poisonous Trellium made almost no sense; but now all the other things she's been doing make more sense. (Going after Tripp and Simm, the sense of humor, the photo spread in Vulcan Monthly Magazine... )

Wonder if the aquatic's ship smelled like low tide?

I was hoping that the Sphere Builders wouldn't be so humanoid. Was she played by the same actress as the Head Founder?

I really felt the addiction angle was lacking. If T'pol was taking the trellium in order to build up a tolerance, thus allowing the crew to plate the ship with it, that would have had some logic to it. But overall, I was okay with the ep. I liked the council scenes.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Originally posted by Tricky
    I was hoping that the Sphere Builders wouldn't be so humanoid.
    I agree, this is a weak point -- especially since they are seeking to change the structure of space itself in order to make it habitable for them.

Of course, the reason is that they blew the special effects budget for the season on Xindi insectoids and Xindi aquatics!

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    I just had a wild and unsupported thought: would anyone else here have liked to see the Sphere Builders revealed to be Specieas 8472 (or whatever the number is...always forget it...)? it seems feasible that if they could make great leaps in distance by traversing fluidic space, maybe they could do the same with time...? I dunno, it was just a wild specualition that doesn't matter since they've already revealed the Sphere Builders.

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

I had a thought about the Builders being humanoid: What if they are using a humanoid form to interact with us humanoids?

Then they could be 8472 or whatever else (I tell you, they are the Old Ones. I hope the Starfleet Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense is on the case)

Was Casey Biggs (the guy that played the Cardassian in Ds9) in this episode?