Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: STAR TREK XI to be a Prequel

Originally posted by Publius
    And, the topless scenes on Stargate were when they were on Showtime (or whatever pay channel they started on), which I consider a bummer; but with them in or out Stargate had consistently better stories than most of the Sci Fi series out today.
    Yea, that comes up now-and-then and I bet they wish they hadn't of done that. The Stargate nudity was only in the pilot; all seven seasons from that point have been standard television fare (sex wise).

Stargate hasn't resulted to pandering to sex to sell sci-fi, instead they've concentrated on really interesting and in-depth characters and fantastic stories. Enough to return for an 8th season and commission the launch of another spin-off series this summer.

Stargate's worst season (take your pick, 1 or 2) crushes anything done by Trek in the past ten years, save perhaps a smattering of DS9, IMO.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    Stargate's actually a show begging for some sex, even tame off-screen lovin'. For god sakes, could Carter have a love interest that doesn't get killed and actually survives to get past first base? She's coming close, but I'm thinking her new guy will either get taken over by a goa'uld, become a host for some tok'ra punk or get forgotten by the writers.

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

Originally posted by strict31
    Stargate's actually a show begging for some sex, even tame off-screen lovin'. For god sakes, could Carter have a love interest that doesn't get killed and actually survives to get past first base? She's coming close, but I'm thinking her new guy will either get taken over by a goa'uld, become a host for some tok'ra punk or get forgotten by the writers.
    I was thinking that he was now "in the know" in order to be made a regular on Atlantis. Guess we'll see how that pans out.

Yea...Carter and Daniel have pretty crappy luck when it comes to love interests.

Am I the only one that found the not-evil Goa'uld that was Jonas' love interest incredibly hot? Or the mute Ancient from "Frozen?"
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

I preferred the mute honey. She reminded me of a Sikozu that doesn't talk...which would be very nearly perfect. And didn't the Goa'uld hottie just show up on Andromeda?

Strictly Speaking

Originally posted by BouncyCaitian
    Sorry....blaylock isn't that attractive to me. And what's with the page boy cut on her anyway?
    Umm... forgive me if I'm out of the know here, but are you referring to her T'Pol wig, or has she chopped off her naturally long blonde coiff recently?

She's a blonde? the pics I've seen of her seem to show that she had a bad dye job.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

I've seen publicity shots and footage of her on talk shows (specifically Craig Kilborn)... always had at least shoulder-length blonde hair... remember she even had it braided Caribbean-style for the last time I saw her on Kilborn (she got married in Jamaica the previous day).

--mac

Originally posted by Fesarius
    Sisko is dead (more or less),

i just started waching DS9.

what realy happened to Sisko?

For the record, I didn't want to sound like I was bashing Stargate. I'm just completely unfamiliar with the series (and willing to remain so ), but I heard that thing about a nude scene in the pilot and I took it as example as another contemporary Sci-Fi series.
    My point was merely that (female) topless and nude scenes are currently not scarce on television these days.

Mind you, I agree from the only two SG episodes I ever saw so far that Carter seems a very interesting character, in the line of Dax.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Originally posted by Mac417
    I've seen publicity shots and footage of her on talk shows (specifically Craig Kilborn)... always had at least shoulder-length blonde hair... remember she even had it braided Caribbean-style for the last time I saw her on Kilborn (she got married in Jamaica the previous day).

--mac
    IIRC, she mentioned in a Maxim interview that she dyed her hair blonde. She came in for the audition for T'Pol with her (presumably) natural brunette hair, and after she got the part, dyed her hair blonde. She has been blonde ever since, but I have seen her as a Brunette (Jason and the Argonauts; Medea).

I honestly don't know if she's naturally blonde or naturally brunette, but she hasn't always appeared in public as a blonde.

Strictly Speaking

Originally posted by UDT/Frogman
    i just started waching DS9.

what realy happened to Sisko?
    Sisko fell into some lava and was spirited away to dwell with the prohets. He said he'd return. One assumes that means he is out of the picture until the Prophets are done with him.

Strictly Speaking

Sisko fell into some lava and was spirited away to dwell with the prohets. He said he'd return. One assumes that means he is out of the picture until the Prophets are done with him.

Strictly Speaking

thats arealy gay way to kill off a character

Arrow

Who said he was killed off?

Granted, it may not be the choicest way to go, but he did fulfilled his task for the Prophets. If that Cavern of Fire is the only way to destroy the Pah-Wraith in the host body of Dukat, then so be it.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

By using liberal amounts of sex. Maybe the prequel will be set in the seventies, with a ship of hoes captained by Snoop Dog. Starfleet would be the military arm of the UFP...United Federation of Pimps. Perhaps the Borg (cyborganic playah-hatahs) could show up, threatening the intergalactic Player's Ball, and only the USS Entrepreneur could stop them by smackin' that Borg Queen up.

Strictly Speaking
    LOL

Almost brought me to tears.

But...It's much to original for where Trek is heading.

They need to skip ahead a few decades to bring in some fresh faces, new gizmos and basically cut the baggage that the franchise has picked up during all the series and shows. A redefinition of certain basic ideas isn't out of the question either IMO. That would be worth my money.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist