Thread: Wrath of Khan screenshots

Wrath of Khan screenshots

Has anyone got a copy of tWoK on DVD and the ability to take screengrabs?

Would you be willing to do some for me.
    There's one scene just after the Kobayashi Maru where Kirk debriefs Saavik - 'How we face death is at least as important as how we face life.' Kirk does a complete 360 degree walk around the bridge giving the viewer a really good look at the wall consoles in bright light. I'd really like to get some stills of each of the panels and sections as he passes as reference for this paper bridge model I'm working on.

Anyone?

Crow

Scarecrow

I can't believe no one has piped up on this one yet so i'll be glad to help out.
    I'll get the screenshots done for you tonight and email them to you directly if that's acceptable.
    Also, have you got a copy of the old Lee Cole bridge operations manual which you used to be able to pick up at conventions?
    It's a photocopied manual which has black and white line drawings of every console on the TMP bridge (I believe the booklet was drafted originally for Phase II so there may be some slight differences with the final bridge) but it tells you what every console does. I believe the document was given to the actors on the first movie so they could use their consoles convincingly.
    If you'd find that useful, I be more than happy to stick it in the post for you on loan. If you'd like it it, PM me your postal address. If you just want the screengrabs, i'll go ahead and do them tonight.

Regards

Renny

That's right decent of you, Renny.

I have the DVD myself, but sketches aren't quite as useful or accurate as proper screengrabs.

If you could take a bunch of them and e-mail them I'd be very grateful.

I'll PM you my mailing address and details.

I'd not heard of the Lee Cole book. That'd be damned handy, by the sound of it.

Many thanks,

Scarecrow

PS - if any of the mods are concerned. None of these grabs are intended for posting publicly as I realise that would be a violation of copyright. They are entirely for personal reference use.

Cool

Scarecrow, I've got a copy of that old "Flight Manual" as well. The sketches of the various bridge stations were really intended for ST:Phase II, updated for STTMP.

The bridge model I sent you is a much better reference for those panels (albeit in miniature). The sketches were intended to help actors know which buttons to press and what lights would come on, and what they were supposed to do in "reality".
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Well, as I say, I'd love to look at it anyway. I think Renny's going to pop it in the post for me to borrow. He's also done me a load of grabs of the scene I mentioned and they're absolutely perfect for reference.

I just spent the lunch hour starting on texturing the Science console and the floor areas.

I tested the lift section last night and will continue with this tonight but so far it's working quite nicely.

Crow

Cool

Originally posted by Scarecrow
    Well, as I say, I'd love to look at it anyway. I think Renny's going to pop it in the post for me to borrow. He's also done me a load of grabs of the scene I mentioned and they're absolutely perfect for reference.

I just spent the lunch hour starting on texturing the Science console and the floor areas.

I tested the lift section last night and will continue with this tonight but so far it's working quite nicely.

Crow
    Excellent. You'll find the Flight Manual has plenty of description on how the weapons are supposed to be fired (arming and such). It does not include the little pop-out joystick that Chekov used to fire torpedoes in WOK, however.

Whatever works!
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Crow

The Flight Manual is in the post and i've also popped in a set of blueprints comparing the TOS bridge with the TMP bridge. These blueprints aren't that great but I figure the more reference the better, right ?

Renny

Cheers, Renny.

I've basically been using a scan from 'Mr Scott's guide to the Enterprise' plus some other bits and pieces I've begged borrowed and stolen from the net and other good folks such as yourself and Commander Powers.

I was thinking of the TOS bridge next followed by the TNG one. Still, guess I'd better finish this one first (oh and the Crew Replicator upgrade) =)

Crow