View Poll Results: How did your NFL team do in the draft?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horrible!

0 0%
  • Not bad

2 8.33%
  • Average

5 20.83%
  • Pretty good

5 20.83%
  • Fantastic!

0 0%
  • I don't watch/follow the draft

12 50.00%

Thread: NFL Draft

NFL Draft

So, how did your team do?
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Meh, football.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Draft Saturday is one of the best sports days of the year...NHL and NBA playoffs, baseball is in full swing, and, of course, the NFL Draft.

My beloved Chiefs had a low first-round draft pick (30th), but we traded out of the first round and picked up a nice, raw, nose tackle who we hope to be the anchor in our run defense next year...maybe, just maybe, he'll step up and break into the starting lineup this year, but the coaching staff isn't going to force the issue if he isn't ready.

Considering that we returned 21 of 22 starters this season, our biggest off-season move was the return of Gunther Cunningham as defensive coordinator. That, by itself, should give us a boost (less over-thinking, more meanness! ).

Of course, that means his scheme better be an improvement, since both Denver and Oakland significantly improved their squads in both free-agency and the draft.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I have absolutely no idea. I am a Patriots fan, but make no pretence of understanding the draft system (although I understand how it balances the teams, to a degree).

I just hope they manage to keep up the good work of the past few seasons!

Cheers

Tas
    I'm NOT stupid, I'm NOT expendable and I'm NOT going!

Arrow

Well, it's not like the 90's where I have a definite team favorite, Dallas Cowboys (with Aikmen, Smith, Irvin, Harper, & Co.). These days I flip-flop on who is doing good during pre-season games and the first four weeks of the seasons before I choose (had there been a Hawaii-based NFL football team, it would have been a given).
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

They had to trade to get the 28th overall pick, up from 31, but they were weak at cornerback. Hopefully this kid will work out.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    It's hard to find a good shutdown corner at 28. I hope he develops for you. Just not against us.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Speaking for the team everybody outside of Baltimore seems to hate -- we did okay. We traded our first round pick last year for a chance at a quarterback who may or may not meet expectations, which put us down around the 50s somewhere.

We desperately need help at receiver, and you can't draft talented wideouts that low. We did manage a trade, and we picked up some guys whom might be good 2nd or 3rd men -- but we've already got *those* (including one whom everyone expected to be a star, not to mention names *cough* Travis Taylor *cough*).

After "Sign o' Troubles'" antics, we had little chance of picking up anybody good, so I guess we'll have to depend on our charged-with-drug-dealing league leading running back again. Get ready for nine in the box, everybody. Should be good to see how Ray Lewis and Terrell Owens "interact" during those two Philly games, though...

Redskins picked up safety Sean Taylor. Cool. I don't follow the draft; bring on the summer camps, preseason, and regular season. Looking forward to seeing what Gibbs does with his return to football.

Seahawks picked up Marcus Tubbs. His size will improve the Def-lineif he improves his work ethic and shows up for work.
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain

Saints appeared to address their largest weakness, their defense. They took a DL, and a LB plus a project WR.

Overall...optimistic. But hey, it's the Saints.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

I got 2 favorite teams:

The New England Patriots ever since Brady took over and when it wasn't the "it" team. I think their draft this year was poor. IMO very poor. I didn't like any of their picks.

And my other favorites team (and I also have a NFL cap), the Houston Texans. They picked up a Cornerback Vontez Duff and a Fullback Jammal Lord which I like and I think they needed. Now if they could NOT get Carr killed out there that would be nice. I'm a big fan of Capers style and I hope they can make .500 this year.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all."
    -Joan Robinson, economist

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    Originally posted by Don Mappin
    Saints appeared to address their largest weakness, their defense. They took a DL, and a LB plus a project WR.

Overall...optimistic. But hey, it's the Saints.
    Dude, you're a Saint's fan? That explanes how you could be masochistic enough to run this place...
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper