Thread: whats going on?

Post whats going on?

What is actually happening with the game in its present form? I have heard that the LUG guys are now working for Decipher, i dont understand how or why all i want to know is whether or not the game will continue in its present form or will the Decipher version be different again? I really have no desire to start afresh.

Martin

If you've read the various threads, you know as much as anyone here (aside from Steve Long, who can't tell us everything for obvious reasons).

Suffice it to say that with Decipher hiring nearly the entire LUG staff, it's a pretty safe bet that the philosophy of the game will remain intact. Although no announcement has been made as to how closely the new system will resemble the ICON system, Christian Moore has indicated that there will at least be conversion tables, so you don't need to start afresh.

Beyond that, you're just gonna have to wait with the rest of us to see what they come up with. On the other tentacle, there's no need to completely start from scratch - I'm still using a lot of stuff from the early FASA days...