Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaving

Leaving

I'm sick of the drive-by insults on the United States by the Euros in our company. Since there's nothing new, game-wise, and we can no longer respond to the insults before someone's shut down the thread, there's no reason to be here.

Enjoy your 'enlightened' bigotry.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Well, I hate to see you go, qerlin, but I don't think leaving is the answer. It just fuels these morons into thinking they can browbeat us into submission.

Besides, what do they know? They're likely jealous of our success and strength, and they lack the sophistication and respect for others to keep their slings and arrows in their pockets. Either way, they're not worth the effort it takes to get upset at them.

Just put the offending idiots on ignore, and continue to contribute your excellent insight to those of us on the boards who appreciate your value.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Well, I hate to see you go, qerlin, but I don't think leaving is the answer. It just fuels these morons into thinking they can browbeat us into submission.

Besides, what do they know? They're likely jealous of our success and strength, and they lack the sophistication and respect for others to keep their slings and arrows in their pockets. Either way, they're not worth the effort it takes to get upset at them.

Just put the offending idiots on ignore, and continue to contribute your excellent insight to those of us on the boards who appreciate your value.
    For what it's worth, qerlin, I agree with Sea Tyger on this one. Don't let an obviously uninformed opinion that is formed by taking one specific point and turning it into a generality drive you away...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Don't do it, Qerlin! If you leave, the liberals win!

Seriously, you'd be missed. OTOH, if coming here is more aggravation than rewarding, maybe you should take a break and see if things are different later.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

It's always nice to learn that a handful of people making broad, rude and inaccurate statements about the USA is enough to consider every "Euro" on this forum an insulting bigot...
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I haven't seen any bigotry on this messageboard.. its fairly clean here. Unless i missed out.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Dang, I'm as softy liberal as the next guy on the left but I value your opinions and insights, qerlin! Don't go buddy!

The Trek community will come around and there will be a lot more gaming and Trek (and political, eventually) conversations around here. I have forseen this *hoo-pah, hoo-pah* (Whoops, wrong sci-fi franchise. )

Just ignore the cheap shot artists. There are plenty of European folks on these boards who don't engage in childish behaviour, just as there are many Americans who don't.

If all the valued members of this community were to leave--you being one of them qerlin, both a long-time member and a knowleageable poster--all we'll be left with are the insulting, ignorant twerps!

Don't go!

LQ

P.S. *Queeg notices he's only a "participating member" of the boards not a valued member or verbose member yet! *
    Last edited by Liquidator Queeg; 04-25-2004 at 03:40 PM.
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

Originally posted by C5
    It's always nice to learn that a handful of people making broad, rude and inaccurate statements about the USA is enough to consider every "Euro" on this forum an insulting bigot...
    I had the same thought, but I'm guessing that wasn't Qerlin's intention.

Anyway, while I don't always agree with you Qerlin, your posts are always interesting, and I'd hate to see you go like this. But ultimately it's your choice.

BTW, if this is down to the thread I think it is, then I'd suggest you might want to ignore theose sort of rantings. I don't agree with everything the US does, but the post I saw was WAY out of line. Not to mention flawed and inaccurate. Hell, I'm as liberal as they come, and even I would have taken issue with the poster.
    Last edited by Capt Daniel Hunter; 04-25-2004 at 03:43 PM.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Well, I hope we're going to see enough editorial consistency to get this "enlightened bigot" thread shut down too. Otherwise, I'll show myself the door.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra

Exclamation

If you feel there is a personal attack on the thread (a serious violation of this board's CoC), I recommend you report it to the moderator or Don Mappin.

Otherwise, make use of the Ignore User list.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

IMO, if this is the thread I think, Don dealt with it properly. While I can understand Qerlin's anger, I think Don was right to close it down. And while I'm presuming it wasn't his intention, being one of those liberal euros, I do find this thread mildly insulting myself.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

A Small Blue World at the end of one of the Spiral Arms of the Milky Way Galaxy.
    Originally posted by Space_Cadet
    I haven't seen any bigotry on this messageboard.. its fairly clean here. Unless i missed out.
    I have to agree with Space_Cadet here, ?Am I missing something ?

Sundowner
    Sundowner

"Sure, it will probably explode. But at least I won't be in it, on it, or near it."

Uhm, have I missed something?

I have no idea what this stems from but I am the last person to begrudge someone leaving this place (lords knows I said I was doing it at least twice).

Take it easy Qerlin. See you when we see you.

I have to agree with Sea Tyger. I come here for what I like about the place, and ignore the rest. And, to agree with C5, not all the Euro's here are America bashing. Most aren't actually, even if they disagree with some of America's actions, they aren't rude, or negative about it.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.