Thread: "Inside Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings" DVD

"Inside Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings" DVD

"From the peaceful Shire to the depths of Mordor, discover the themes and influences behind JRR Tolkien's epic tale. Combining the art of the brothers Hildebrandt, advanced mapping techniques and insights from Tolkien experts, the program takes you deeper into this amazing journey than ever before. Included is a rare profile of Tolkien and more. Approx 5 hrs on 4 DVDs. $39.95"

Saw this ad in a video catalog. Anybody seen it? Got an opinion? I just want to know if it's worth $40 to a Tolkien fan.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

bump

What, nobody here has seen this? Well, if I buy it and it sucks, I'm blaming all of you.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Re: bump

Originally posted by Sarge
    What, nobody here has seen this? Well, if I buy it and it sucks, I'm blaming all of you.
    Hey man Caveat emptor.

Haven't seen it, but then I'm waiting for the extended version.

Cool Re: bump

Originally posted by Sarge

At least by then the rest of us will know to avoid purchasing such DVD, thanks to you.

Like you, I'm waiting if anybody else purchase it and have some review about it.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer