Thread: "ENT is out of this world" - USA Today

"ENT is out of this world" - USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...lts-main_x.htm

Trekkies' support for 'Enterprise' is out of this world

Never underestimate the passion of a Trekkie.

Star Trek: Enterprise won enormous support in USA TODAY's seventh annual Save Our Shows survey, as a record 70% of respondents (in part reflecting a coordinated effort) urged UPN to keep the latest edition of the long-running franchise, which next month completes its third season.

Fox's Arrested Development— a critics' favorite but a ratings laggard — also won solid backing: 36.5% of voters wanted to save it. It was followed by Fox's Tru Calling with 28%.

More than 43,200 ballots were cast in the survey, most of them online. This year's total is down from last year's record 57,000.

The lower turnout might reflect the fact that of 12 shows hovering "on the bubble" between renewal and cancellation — the smallest group yet — most elicited tepid support. Just four (Star Trek, Arrested Development, Tru Calling and CBS' The District) won more votes to support than to dismiss them. The majority of voters said they didn't care what happened to nine of the 12.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Cool

Sorry, but I'm not a USA Today reader.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Trekkies unite!
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Under which banner?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer