Thread: Pyjamas

Pyjamas

I never thought I'd say it but having studied the TMP pyjama uniforms for my Crew Replicator, I'm actually starting to really like them. I think the TWOK uniforms will always be my favourite but I definately don;t hate the pyjamas anymore.

Crow

I always liked Admiral Kirk's T Shirt uniform, and you've got to love the Engineering radsuits as well.

"Don't stand so close to the warp core, Ensign !!"

Renny

Re: Pyjamas

Originally posted by Scarecrow
    but I definately don;t hate the pyjamas anymore.
    That's scaring!
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Yeah, I'm the same way...I couldn't stand them for the longest time, but, like the Police, they eventually grew on me....like a fungus...

In all seriousness, they really aren't any worse than season 1-2 of TNG.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Question Does anybody know…

Just what was the deal with those ‘belt-buckles’ with the ‘P.J.’s?

When I was younger; I thought they were some kind of radio/communicator, but now age has me realize just how stupid one would look talking to ones crotch…ok, except Kirk (who probably applied for statehood for his)
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

I have come to love the PJs as well.

Call me crazy.

Oh and I thought the belt buckle was a life monitor?

You never see them as fan costumes though.

Strange that.

Crow

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    the "belt buckle" was supposed to be some kind of device to keep track of a person's vitals. It was supposed to assist the CMO in his job, and it defined the waist a little better on the uniform. The uniforms look ok, but they didn't make it easier to identify which department a crewman was from if you were watching the movie, you had to see the color on their ship's emblem, and there were a lot of colors. They main reason the original uniforms and later TNG uniforms were so "bright" is they were designed to people watching the show could quickly tell who was who.
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

Yeah, I was watching TMP the other night and it just seems like no two Pyjama uniforms are the same.

I used Spike's site for reference for my miniature maker and the variations made sense even though there were an awful lot of them. However, even with the varying combinations listed on his site (scanned from the fact file I believe) I still noticed (I think it was) Chappel in the briefing on the recc deck wearing a cream top with white trousers.

I've kind of given up. I have a huge variety of variations in the replicator (not yet uploaded) and I think they are adequate. So I'm happy =)

Crow