Thread: how to make a deck plans

how to make a deck plans

as some people noticed i am a deck plans freak

and i decided to make my own plans

the only proble m i dont know where to start

so can any one tell me what is te best program for that and where do i get it
    Worf: OW! That does it -- ram the cube.
    Ensign: Wait, here comes the Enterprise!
    Worf: Oo, even better. Ram that instead.
    Ensign: Sir?
    Worf: I don't like Riker much

Someone was working on a tileset for CC2, I believe, that would make such plans really easy. Don't know what happened with that...

There are a few deck plan experts floating around here that could give you a hand, though. Also try a search; someone might have already posted what you're looking for.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

I started out using scans of the Ent-D deckplans and programs like Paint, but those were entirely too difficult to use effectively and the plans came out very clunky. I use Adobe Illustrator now and all my own imagework. The program is hard to learn but it gives very nice results.
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

I ten d to use a combination of Photoshop and 3D Studio MAX but that is rather extravagant and comvoluted and requires some training.

Campaign Cartographer is an excellent autocad style program that is designed for making RPG maps and deckplans.

Alternatively, if you're on a budget of nothing then this site:

http://deckplans.00sf.com/

Has some excellent floorplans done using Windows Paint (if you're using a MAC I'm sure it'll have an equal equivalent). He also provides tutorials on how he draws plans and makes object libraries to cut and paste from.

Enjoy.

Crow

Thanks for the website address Scarecrow I lost his website somewhere along the line when the address changed. I really like the Bonura plans because I find them very intricate. He rarely leaves anything blank,even the deck flooring (which is a good thing if done subtly). I just don't have the patience to do that kind of work in Paint.

btw, here is the Enterprise bridge done in Illustrator, along with a smaller bridge for a plan I am still working on (pre-TOS, using a Starfleet Museum exterior design).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wouldn't let me do two attachments for some reason:

This design needs a little more work, the bridge module was very very small, but I am trying to keep with the Museum design as much as possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Publius,

Those are great. Very clean, clear and precise.

Nice one.

Crow

wow thanks alot guys that helps a lot
    Worf: OW! That does it -- ram the cube.
    Ensign: Wait, here comes the Enterprise!
    Worf: Oo, even better. Ram that instead.
    Ensign: Sir?
    Worf: I don't like Riker much

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    Someone was working on a tileset for CC2, I believe, that would make such plans really easy. Don't know what happened with that...
    That was me, but I can't realease it just yet. The first version is finished and ready for release, though. As soon as I can release it, I will. And post the news here, of course.

Try AutoRealm if you want a free version of a map maker for rpgs

http://www.gryc.ws/autorealm.htm

or

http://autorealm.sourceforge.net/
    Last edited by Space_Cadet; 05-10-2004 at 01:14 AM.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!