Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enterprise Sourcebook/NetBook (PDF)

Arrow Enterprise Sourcebook/NetBook (PDF)

With all the talk of Decipher and all, I decided to put togethor an Enterprise Sourcebook, sorta like KillerWhale's ESO. What's in it are the contributions from the posters on this forum- ships, species, equipment and such. Its still a work in progress and I don't have all time in the world to focus on it when i have other projects and gaming to do. So I'd welcome any more contributions from anyone or critiques (bad ones are welcomed). You'll also notice some blanks. I'm looking for info on Xindi and more starships. So if you like to help out let me know.

4th Draft available- scroll to latest post
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Space_Cadet; 05-28-2004 at 08:25 PM.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Cool

All right! You've made a really excellent start. This looks like the beginning of a good thing. I can see where all the other material is going to slot in and it doesn't bother me to see all that white space, because I know it's going to get filled up.

I do hope you'll spend a bit of time on the chronology leading up to Enterprise, including the test vehicles and such. It will also be nice to see race writeups on the Vulcans, Klingons, Andorians, Tellarites and so on. Yeah, I know that writeups already exist, I'm talking about period-specific information. These races are not the same as they are in the basic CODA material (and neither are Humans either!).

Great start! Keep going.

"The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Unfortunately, there won't be any write ups for the races that you mentioned above (copyright reasons). But the reason i posted it up is so others can join in and do some writing; like I said before, I don't have a lot of time. This project is open to anyone who wants to do something.

Originally posted by Cmdr Powers
    It will also be nice to see race writeups on the Vulcans, Klingons, Andorians, Tellarites and so on. Yeah, I know that writeups already exist, I'm talking about period-specific information. These races are not the same as they are in the basic CODA material (and neither are Humans either!).
    The Aliens books gives period-specific information on all the races you mentioned, although one could go into more detail than the paragraph or two afforded them there.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Cool

That's true, Doug. Very good point. Okay, so what is needed for this fan-generated sourcebook?

The maps book has all the voyages (first season anyway) and layouts of Enterprise's route.

Aliens has the aliens.

Spaceships has some of the spaceships.

I guess the internal layout of Enterprise could be shown (cutaway at least).

The MACOs could be detailed, along with their weapons and uniforms.

I'm sure others can come up with more.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

I have a Chronolgy already written of the 100 years or so before Enterprise was launched, it is largely an augmentation of FASA, LUG, Canon and Killer Whales info as well as some Ideas of my own. I would gladly give it to you to use in this project, however it is dated only up to season two for those events prior to 2151 with a little work I could get it up to speed.
    Draftsmen in Training

Sure, if you can, just email me the info I'll try to create a chapter on history.

Keep it coming

History Suggestion

As a military buff, I would expect that the history would include a Courts Martial for CPT Archer for his "infractions" against Starfleet's Code of Ethics, much in the same way as some of our other famous real Generals in the past.
    A Mock Trial could be set up in Forum with a Defender and a Prosecutor, could be a real fun Role Play....
    The outcome would probably be similar to General Billy Mitchel (Air Force History) where things are done in War to win and those "ethical concerns" could be "adjusted" as the War merits. However, that being said, the Iraq infractions happening now coupled with the Cuba internees, could also be fed into the equation and maybe even find him Guilty..... I wonder what sort of punishment a person could receive if found Guilty of saving the Human Race !!!
    ... Sixlegs
    The ant goes marching on.. and on.. Hurrah! Hurrah!

I would venture to say not much would happen... look at Kirk in STar Trek IV... He got demoted to starship captain. Pretty much a slap on the wrist... Archer will probably be promoted to Admiral or "retired" and made Earth's ambassador to the caucus to forming the Federation (as has been foreseen/foretold by mr time-travelling steward).

Just want to let the contiributors that have sent stuff, thank you. You'll see your stuff included sometime this week when i put toghethor and organize everything. If there's anyone who like to send in stuff let me know, you can either email , post up on this thread or create some webpage link. I'm looking for Xindi data (stats and ships), Tholians (ships only not the alien), and anything else i left out in the sourcebook or that's not in the current line. Also be aware, I'm not going to include data that's not arleady present in the sourcebook. The purpose of the sourcebook is to fill the holes in the RPG for roleplaying in the ENT era. The Trek RPG community greatly appreciates your effort

looks great. i appreciate your work. any way in rpg terms to represent the Denobulan need to not really sleep? (startrek.com says they only need 2-6 days of sleep per year). or is it even a good idea too? different abilities/stats for different xindi subspecies?

I notice something

In France, Enterprise is airing the first season now and I saw in a (very good indeed) episode Ferengis raiding Archers's ship. I seems to me that Ferengis where discoverd by the Starfleet during the 24th century.

your enterprise file seems very interesting.
    I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One.

Here's the 2nd draft.. i haven't writtern anything new due to my schedule but i have included Ice Giant's new Suliban ships. Again any input is appreciated.

4th Draft available- scroll to latest post
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Space_Cadet; 05-28-2004 at 08:26 PM.

I have some info for the Denobulans: NO SLEEP: Denobulans do not require sleep so consequently they do not suffer the effects of exhaustion or fatigue. AMIIABLE: (NOTE) Denobulan males are inhibitated with a physical relationship outside of thier family.

SULIBAN LONG CELL SHIP

SULIBAN "LONG CELL" SHIP Fast Frigate: first sighted by starfleet(UER) 2151. HULL DATA structure 15 size/decks 3/3 L/B/H 12m/12m/6m compliment 30 TACTICAL DATA plasma cannon Type III (x4/B) penetration 3/3/3/0/0 defense system HPG mk2 (B) protection/threshold 10/1 PROPULSION DATA impulse system Type III(.6c)(B) warp system Type II (2/4/5)(B) OPERATIONAL DATA atamoshere capable yes cargo units 30 cloaking device Class I (16 rating) life support Class 2 (C) operations system Class 2 (C) sensor system Class 2 (+2/C) shuttlebay aft shuttlecraft 3 size worth MISCELLANEOUS DATA manuver modifiers +1c,+2h,+1t traits Design defect (cloak) -5 TN system operations (sensor) test to detect.