Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: What ST Series Do You Roleplay In?

Question Poll: What ST Series Do You Roleplay In?

Hi everyone! I noticed that a lot of posts I've seen about campaigns have been about DS9. So, I'm curious to know what Star Trek Series do you use for your campaigns?

I'll start it off with Deep Space 9. I really enjoy the setting of DS9 and the wormhole has added a lot of story ideas to the game I run. Though the characters are based on the station, they get the chance to space travel via the Defiant or the USS Talon (the ship Data flew in Insurrection). Can't wait to see the responses!

I guess we're kinda in both DS9/TNG. Most of the characters are Starfleet and on board a starship, but the plots and the background is much more DS9.

My friend is running a TOS series set about the time of the 1st movie.

My timeline was supposed to begin with the circle's coup d'état (DS9 2nd season) and to go all the way till the dominion war is over. When I will be able to start it again I'll follow the same pattern. DS9 is my favorite show, it gives a familliar setting to use when the PC's ships is docked with a lot of potential recurring characters, and there is a great number events to react upon or to put the PCs in. Furthermore the serialisation of DS9 can help to build a real chronology with a real feeling of time going and character changing in a world that is really evolving (something much harder to do in the TNG/TOS/movie era).

------------------
    Hoping You'll understand all of this

TNG/DS9 2372

Our first campain ran from ST: FC through DS9 War start through War end and beyond.

Our second campain is a R,R,& R game set post DS9, though I do use the station as a backdrop.

------------------
    Doug Odell

Our first LUG-Trek game was originally set on the starship Quetzalcoatl, a Galaxy-class ship, with the characters being the main away team, with the runabout Thames at their disposal. One of the characters got himself court-martialled but the characters were "rescued" by Section 31. After completing a mission for them, the characters transferred to the Galaxy-class Icarus. Taking place during season 5 of TNG, it was definitely a TNG-style game. (Indeed, it was the only LUG-Trek game out then...)

Our second game started just after season seven of DS9, on board the modified Defiant class H.G. Wells. However, the ship was adrift in time and dimensions and her crew was a mismash of Starfleet, smugglers, Romulans, and Klingons. It was kind of a bizarre DS9/Voyager hybrid. That game ended last summer.

In April, the crew of the H.G. Wells looks to reunite at Bridgetown. This will be more of a "straight" DS9 game, but with a lot of exploration of the Kellinan Reach, so there will be a touch of TNG thrown in for good measure. It'll be coincident of season six of Voyager (though I rarely watch Voyager and plan on creating my own continuity).

Ironically, my favorite era is actually TOS, but my players are TNG-era fans.
    (Though you'll never catch me complaining if DS9 is on, a close rival for my love of TOS).

<--------- Post-DS9, with the hope to get back to the TNG, federation, ideals. But how can that happen . . . see my other stings to see how my game is set.

Hmmm, post DS9 era, running concurrent with Voyager (now 2377).

The campaign is sort of a TNG/DS9 cross.

Also running a second season (2267) TOS era game. Which serves as a direct prequel to the 2377 campaign.

[This message has been edited by USS Intrepid (edited 03-27-2001).]

My campaign is/was pure TNG (very loosely-based on the 'shakedown cruise' scenario in the rule book), but with a DS9-style ongoing plot (Romulans/starfleet intel/smuggling). Unfortunately it died when I moved to a new city and I haven't had a chance to revive it yet

I have had a few interesting ideas based on the earliest 'series v will be a prequel' rumours, but again, no chance to run it yet. I like the idea of a bunch of Terran defence force losers limping back from the Romulan War, only to find themselves saving the as yet uncreated Federation from a 29th century time traveller...

------------------
    Slartibart-Jon

Campaign is set in 2371, with the first episode being the "Shakedown Cruise" episode from the Core Rules. It's a TNG-style, with the crew on the shakedown cruise of the USS Bellerophon.

The first year (yet to be played... ) is set in Arteline sector, gradually moving "north" along the Neutral Zone, cutting across the coreward UFP border (where there are some cool encounters with non-aligned guys like the Iyaarans and Tamarians) and coming back "south" along the Cardassian DMZ.

They'll zig-zag a bit, and occasionally leave the ship for "private" adventures, digging into their pasts, etc.

All in all, I guess you could say it's a TNG style, but blending into DS9 as time goes on (and the Dominion War starts).

Arrow

My campaign started in the early TNG time 2364. We are now in 2367. I decided for that timeframe because of the possibilty to see the interesting trek events through diffrent eyes (e.g. Wolf 359)

------------------
    www.StarTrek-AlphaSquad.de -
    "United they stand"

Talking

I'm narrating a campaign during the Cardassian War (2347-2355)... I see nobody picked up an alternate timeline besides the 'known' ones (those showed on the screen). I'm intending to have fun with this one, recreating these historical facts, and fleshing out the prior years to the time we all know.

------------------
    Chakotay: You didn't poison my coffee, did you?
    Janeway: Not any more than I usually do.
    "The Voyager Conspiracy", Voyager

Well for your poll, my game is being run in 2371-72 just prior to the DW story arc, but I have the PC's on a Nova class, in a section of space where they shouldn't get to involved in the DS9 affares. I'm hoping to keep it a TNG based game of exploration, not a war story...

------------------
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    -Napoleon

My previosu two games were run concurrently in 2370 (the last season of TNG). They were episodic in nature and similar in feel to TNG.

My current game started in 2372 and was at first and interesting cross of TNG and DS9. However, through time-travels and game events, they are now in early 2374 and have drifted to a more TNG feel. They haven't had too much interaction in the Dominion War, but that may change in the future...

------------------
    Doug Burke

McCoy: "You're taking me to the promised land?"
    Kirk: "That's what you get for missing staff meetings, Doctor."

Originally: TOS-Era, just after ST:VI.
    NOW: Thanks to a couple of time jumps and other events... DS9, some time prior to "In the Pale Moonlight."
    After that.. who knows?