Thread: ST Enterprise: Rate "E-Squared"

ST Enterprise: Rate "E-Squared"

Watching it now, but you can rate it!
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

E^2 = Yesterday's Enterprise^1000=classic
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

No Sir, didn't like it one bit. Too much temporal goofyness and paradox goin on in Enterprise. And if the "other" Enterprise was running around in the Expanse for over 100 years, I think the Xindi would have more than just "vague rumors" of it's existance, especially after attacking the first probe.

The whole thing didn't make much bloody sense!

Wow!!! I agree Space Cadet, this was an excellent episode! The actor who played Lorian was very good, and it demonstrated a very tasteful use of temporal mechanics. This episode was very character-centric, which is the hallmark of a great episode.

Enterprise keeps getting better. I gave this one a 9.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Cool

I rated this one lower than I would have liked to because I'm just plain tired of temporal paradoxes.

This episode expects you to believe that these people came from another timeline and have been tooling around in the Expanse for the past One Hundred Years! without going near Earth, without being contacted by Daniels, without being caught or destroyed, etc. And then when they meet the younger Enterprise and crew, we're expected to believe that they have no affect on their own existance.

Shades of Tasha Yar squared.

Otherwise a very pretty and well done episode with some very fine acting to redeem it. Love the work- hate the premise.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

This was a good episode. I hope Captain Lorian survived the attack.
    Last edited by Capt. Anderson; 05-06-2004 at 04:46 PM.
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    I thought it was pretty good, even if temporal mechanics gives me a huge headache....
    makes the brain baby kick...
    Good solid story and good acting. Though once the Enterprise got through the subspace corridor, then they should have ceased to exist because the events which created them didn't happen, but they could still remember them, but ..... aaarrrgghhhh... the brain baby kicks....
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

Actually, I hope the 2nd Ent. survived; especially if they end up fighting the Sphere Builders.

Why didn't they contact the Xindi along time ago, tell them about Earth and humanity, so when the Bulider show's up, they could tell her that the humans they know would never destroy their homeworld.

Too many paradoxes...

Was old T'pol played by young T'pol? She did seem really old.

Haven't we seen Archer's granddaughter's race on NG or DS9?

I would think the Temporal Federation guys (Daniel's guys) would not want an Ent. in the past mucking around.

To me, this one seemed like an attempt to capitalize on Yesterday's Enterprise and that DS9 episode with the descendants of Defiant's crew. It should have been a powerful, moving show, but it just didn't work for me. Maybe because I don't care much about the characters, maybe because of the paradox plot holes, maybe just because I've never been impressed by this series the way I was with earlier series...
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

I liked this episode but didn't think it was the best. I gave it a 7. Unlike some, I'm not tired of temporal paradoxes and enjoy them. I thought the acting was good and the actor who portrayed Tripp's "son" looked quite a lot like Tripp.

It's possible the other Enterprise ceased to exist b/c the timeline changed, or it's possible they survived to re-appear another day. They left it open for future developments.

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    Originally posted by Cmdr Powers
    Love the work- hate the premise.
    This essentially characterizes my feelings on the entire season. Although "hate" is too strong a word for me. I liked the writing of the episode, but wasn't a fan of the premise. That's good enough for me these days...

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

I gave the episode a 5.

The whole plot was predictive and repetitive. It was clear from the beginning that Enterprise (the original one) was going to make the trip through the corridor and that their offspring would heroically sacrifice themselves. Therefore it all seemed boring and unimportant to me.

I liked the scene where Hoshi, Malcolm and Travis are sat around discussing who they ended up with. Didn't really like much else. Too many gaping plot wounds. I guess they could be called Paradoxes but that suggests it's a 'temporal physics thing' and not just writer ineptitude. Also, I wish they'd just gotten an old actress to play old T'Pol. Caking her in rubber and getting her to talk in a broken, croaky voice and shudder a bit just doesn't cut it.
    This episode felt more like a self contained story and less like just filler like the 'Forgotten' did but too nonsensical for all the reasons discussed above to rate very highly for me.

Crow

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by Scarecrow
    Also, I wish they'd just gotten an old actress to play old T'Pol. Caking her in rubber and getting her to talk in a broken, croaky voice and shudder a bit just doesn't cut it.
    What, is it any worse than having Bill Shatner and Deforest Kelley do the same thing in "The Deadly Years"? I had no problems with Blalock's performance or look.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz