Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Afghanistan Journal: My Trip to Kabul

Lancer: Be very careful, bud, I may just take you up on that offer. I'm glad that you liked the first installment. The second one is a little more anecdotal than informative. What can I say? It was a slow week.

Sarge: During the C-130 flight in, we were crammed in elbows to you-know-what. I didn't get a view, I'm afraid. We also took a rather...spiral...approach to Baghram. I managed to keep it all inside which is a good thing. Losing one's cookies on the lap of the battalion supply sergeant would only make the tour that much longer. The mountains around Baghram are quite beautiful during the day; less Mordor and more Misty Mountains. I've got some wonderful shots, but my digital camera doesn't go below 5 pixels, so the "lightest" picture I have is 1.9 meg.
    Insert something clever

Originally posted by Dave Biggins
    Lancer: Be very careful, bud, I may just take you up on that offer.
    I wouldn't have said it if I hadn't meant it.
    So yeah, anytime, dude.

Lancer and Dave:

Let me know if and when this is going to happen. I think I'll be close enough to acompany you guys.

Sounds like a plan, fellas. I'll be done in a little over a year (unless they extend me or my civilian job sends me somewhere horendous ). You know, I just realized something - I've been outseld the US plenty of times, but never as a vacation. Come to think of it, I haven't had a vacation since I turned 18. Maybe that's why I'm going gray in my 30s...
    Insert something clever

Dave, there's worse things than going grey in your thirties. Try developing a bald spot in your twenties and then going grey in your thirties.

The good part is, that motivates me to stay in shape. I can still run rings around most of the 18 year old airmen on this base.

Sorry you were stuck in the ass of the Herkypig. If you ever fly with me, I'll try to get you up front on the crew bunk where you can see what's going on. Of course, that may or may not be a good thing...
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

I hear ya, Sarge. Good on the running. It's gonna sound funny coming from a doggy, but I suck at running. I can ruck march all day, but I consistently score in the low 60s during the 2-mile run event of the PT test.

I would love to see the same view y'all do! I promise that I'll be good and stay out of the way. You would swear that I was nothing more than a flight bag. I promise!

A couple days ago, a C130 thought that they got a lock on them while taking off. They dumped chaff and pulled a maneuver that I swore was gonna slam them into the mountain. Thankfully, it all turned out for the better!
    Insert something clever

Yeah, I know exactly what that maneuver feels like, and what it looks like from the inside. Never did it over Afghanistan, but we got some good practice at it over Baghdad. Most likely it was just a false indication from the missile warning system. Still a good excuse to yank'n'bank and pull some Gs though.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

*tsk* *tsk* The way you boys in MAC blatantly disregard the laws of physics...
    Insert something clever