Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Block gone... New game setting coming...

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Sure, but he doesn't really have your charisma on the small screen.
    But the make-up guys still do one heck of a great job making me appear 5" taller and 240 lbs heavier than I am. Under all that padding some of my charisma must get lost, however hard I try.

Re: Count Me In!

Originally posted by GandalfOfBorg
    I'd be interested in playing the station commander. What particulars do you need from me? Anything special for char gen? Any special rules for playing the game? etc.
    Aslan, might be a good idea to put up some sort of FAQ for these things, like game system, available species, advancements, off-forum contact details, timeline, etc. etc.

A FAQ may be a way to go. Have to give it some thought

Seriously though, I am seeing who is in right now first, and then I will deal with FAQs and character pitches as such.

Okay here's what I see right now.

Sea Tyger - Captain Grimm of the USS Bannockburn

Lancer - Caitian CMO

Gandalfof Borg - Undefined Station Commander.

Anyone else interested?

Okay for the assemblage of a FAQ, what questions should be answered? I mean it does stand for Frequently Asked Questions.

Been a long time since I've played Star Trek ...

... but my d20 Modern campaign is drying up and D&D/medieval fantasy just doesn't cut it anymore.

I'd be willing to sign up as Security or as Flight Control. Maybe even XO if no one wants it.

Are you drawing from one crew for the ship (USS Bannockburn), Station DS6, or both?

Human, Vulcan and Trill are my fav species.

Looking forward to a FAQ/Info sheet.
    "Sir, we're getting an increase in the ..."

FAQ 1.0

Okay here comes the FAQ.

What system will Deep Star 6 be run using? DS6 ill be run using the CODA system from Decipher. Also I will use the ESO rules provided by Killer Whale and possible other expansion generated by the membership of these boards.[/i]

How will advancements be decided? 1 for every year of regular service, 2 for every year of wartime service and 1 for every 2 years of civilian service.

How will characters be approved? You must present to me, via Private Message your idea for a character. I may say no or request changes. the more flexible a player the more flexible I will be

How will dice rolling be decided? I will trust you. You can roll for yourselves. Ultimately we are all adults and cheating is childish. though if I find someone never fails and always rolls well, I may change my mind. For now though, the honour system.

What is the setting again? Just click on the banner below and you will be taken to the Ultimate Star Trek site. I highly recommend that everyone read the Timeline. It is vital that you understand this universe you are in. DO NOT take your existing knowledge of Trek as enough. You will find there are differences. For example, replicators make food cubes. Transporters cannot beam people directly to sick bay, or onto the bridge of another ship. Most TNG+ tech is not really there. Think TOS and TOS Movies for the best way to go. Any questions should be directed to me.

Will the crew be from the Bannockburn or DS6? The crew will be from DS6 mostly, if someone really really wants to make a character from the Bannockburn, I won't say no. But it had better be a good idea

What species are available for play? Again this is a more TOS feel, so I would like to keep it as human as possible. That doesn't mean aliens are out, just means ask first and I may say no. For the msot part aliens are as presented in the rules, though some have changes. For example Betazoids are only empaths, not telepaths. In fact there are no telepathic races, the closest is the Vulcan Mind Meld. Deltans are not ALL bald or great navigators. I jsut can't swallow that one. Beyond those ask and I shall answer.

How do I pitch/make my character? Contact me via PM and we shall talk more there.

Any other questions? Please ask them and I shall answer them
    Last edited by AslanC; 05-10-2004 at 03:49 AM.

Your Timeline

Wow. I read through the timeline on your site. All the major events are there, but really scrambled around. Playing in this universe, although not difficult, will be interesting.

BTW, where can I find more about the "ESO rules"?
    "Sir, we're getting an increase in the ..."

Re: FAQ 1.0

Originally posted by AslanC
    Any other questions? Please ask them and I shall answer them
    Just one (for now): Do you want us to use the "pick" method for attribute generation?

Oh yes, good one Lancer.

Absoleutly use the "pick method" for stats

Some more questions

Here are a few more of those pesky little questions.

(1) Do we have to buy renown with our advancements, will you hand out some points based on our characters backgrounds, a mix of both, something else entirely?

(2) Any restrictions on professional abilities, edges, skills, etc. from the "Starfleet Operations Manual"?

Re: Some more questions

Originally posted by Lancer
    Here are a few more of those pesky little questions.

(1) Do we have to buy renown with our advancements, will you hand out some points based on our characters backgrounds, a mix of both, something else entirely?
    Buy it. I give you nothing... nothing! Okay maybe 1 reknown for every 2 years of fleet service

(2) Any restrictions on professional abilities, edges, skills, etc. from the "Starfleet Operations Manual"?
    None come to mind. Are there any you think should be restricted?

Re: Re: Some more questions

None come to mind. Are there any you think should be restricted?
    No, just curious if you had found anything there you didn't like. It's been ages since I last read my Coda books, so nothing specific comes to my mind right now.

So the quick update is...

Lancer = Station CMO = Confirmed
    Sea Tyger = USS Bannockburn CO = Confirmed
    Prompt Critical = Station Security? Flight Control? = Unconfirmed
    GandalfOfBorg = Station Commander = Unconfirmed

Anyone else?

Now here's a thought. With only 4 players, not much for a station game, should we consider instead setting it on a ship? Opinions wanted.

Just feeling it out

Anyone else?

Now here's a thought. With only 4 players, not much for a station game, should we consider instead setting it on a ship? Opinions wanted.

Just feeling it out
    Weeeell, I'm tempted. Probably wouldn't take too much work to modify the character I put together for your first forum game attempt; a bit of retrofitting for the new timeline & alternate history, but otherwise she'd fit in as a fresh XO/recent ex-flight control officer.

I'd have to caveat this with the fact that I wouldn't/can't devote an excessive amount of time to checking the forum & posting, and I'm in a bit of a limbo at work (waiting for a contract award) and might get loaned out to another site for a month or so, complicating my schedule. But assuming this isn't too much of a problem, I'll test the waters again.

And while I'm more or less indifferent to it, my character would very much like a ship posting rather than a station posting, but then she has very little say in the matter.

-Chris Landmark
    Last edited by Chris Landmark; 05-10-2004 at 10:23 PM.
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

Behind not one, but /two/ of those glass thingies.
    Is there any chance of this becoming a PBEM instead? I'm absolutely horrible about checking message boards, but I'm damned near religious on reading my e-mail.
    Timothy J. Lanza
    "Logic gives man what he needs,
    Magic gives man what he wants." - Unknown