Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Block gone... New game setting coming...

Originally posted by Chris Landmark
    I'd have to caveat this with the fact that I wouldn't/can't devote an excessive amount of time to checking the forum & posting, and I'm in a bit of a limbo at work (waiting for a contract award) and might get loaned out to another site for a month or so, complicating my schedule. But assuming this isn't too much of a problem, I'll test the waters again.
    As I am not overly versed in the running of these types of games, I have no idea how long it will take or what level of comittment is needed. Expect to post once or twice a week I would assume.

As to your character, send me the specifics again. Penelope Cruze as I recall, no?

Originally posted by TJLanza
    Is there any chance of this becoming a PBEM instead? I'm absolutely horrible about checking message boards, but I'm damned near religious on reading my e-mail.
    'Fraid not. I really don't have an interest in running a PBEM. That said I think DanG is still running one, perhaps you should inquire with him abou it. Sorry I'm not of more help than that

Originally posted by AslanC
    Now here's a thought. With only 4 players, not much for a station game, should we consider instead setting it on a ship? Opinions wanted.

Just feeling it out
    I am more in favor of a station game, but for no real reason. It's just a gut reaction, most likely based on the fact that I have watched a lot of Babylon 5 lately.

So the quick update is...

Lancer = Station CMO = Confirmed
    Sea Tyger = USS Bannockburn CO = Confirmed
    Prompt Critical = Station Security? Flight Control? = Unconfirmed
    GandalfOfBorg = Station Commander = Unconfirmed
    Based on this list, I see that Engineering is not yet claimed either. I dug out a Human Engineer Lieutenant that I will submit to you via PM.

As to Ship or Station, either one will work for my character. Just depends on where you want the scenarios to occur. Will the crew be going to "exotic worlds" or will they encounter mostly social-based events?

Depending on where you place the setting, either is doable. If station-based, give us a ship to fly. If ship-based, give us a station to hang out at.

The problem comes to defining your crew. If ship-based, no need for a station commander. If station-based, no need for a ship's captain.

Only you could really answer this as you are the one picking the scenarios to run.
    "Sir, we're getting an increase in the ..."

Say hello to your CMO, Lt.Cmdr. R'rssar:

(Character still needs a little work, but is almost finished and whatever the details will be, this is how she looks.)

Well the way I see it so far is that no one has a big feeling either to station or ship.

I will give this somemore thought and see what strikes me.

Anyone wishes to sway my thinking, now would be the time.

Originally posted by Lancer

(Character still needs a little work, but is almost finished and whatever the details will be, this is how she looks.)
    Hello. Here Kitty Kitty!

Say who is the actress that she is based on? I can't even begin to guess.

Well the way I see it so far is that no one has a big feeling either to station or ship.
    Now concerning the "ship vs. station" question, I am more and more in favor of a station-based game.
    Working on the background of my character I realized how much better she would be suited for a "character driven" game. While that may just as well happen on a ship, I think it more likely for a station-based game.
    OTOH, that all depends on the adventures you want to run, so it may not make any difference either way, but to me it's still true that sation = characters, while ship = action.
    I know it doesn't have to be true, but it's how I see things.

Anyone else want to chime in?
    If not I am saying station and you'd better prepared to live with it, if you keep silent.

Hello. Here Kitty Kitty!
    Be thankfull that I am just going to ignore this.
    The next one who makes any stupid "kitty kitty" remarks is going to find out how sharp Caitian claws really are.
    Say who is the actress that she is based on? I can't even begin to guess.
    Guess anyway.
    First one who guesses the right answer wins an image of his/her character.
    (Just one guess per person)

Aslan~

I'd be interested in joining, too. I have been GMing too long, need some play of my own, I guess.

My original concept was to be a grease-monkey non-com type Engineer, but Prompt Critical may have beat me to it.

I had a second thought, but I'll probably have to PM you about it. <eg> The third was security... perhaps we can combine the two.

10 points if you figure out how we already know each other. heehee

~You want some jelly on that?

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by Lancer

Y'know, maybe it's just me, but I think you may want to round the face out a little bit...like by replacing some of the cheek fur that give cats that distinctive look.

Given that she's a female, you don't want to make them too pronounced, but a little more of a rounded cheek line might help.

Just my thoughts.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

As I am not overly versed in the running of these types of games, I have no idea how long it will take or what level of comittment is needed. Expect to post once or twice a week I would assume.

As to your character, send me the specifics again. Penelope Cruze as I recall, no?
    That rate I can probably sustain. For a while at least.

I'll take a quick jaunt through your Ultimate Trek recent history, hammer her background into shape, and shoot you a PM with all the info. I'll probably have to negotiate a few of the details with you, depending on how thoroughly you've covered them so far.

And yes, Penelope Cruz is who I used for my Empok Nor photomanip. For those interested, here's how she would have looked...

-Chris Landmark
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

Just a note, I had to make some minor fixes to the UST Timeline, and have not uploaded the proper txt file yet.

So use the html pages as the current and accurate timeline

Love that pic BTW, she would look even better all UST style

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Y'know, maybe it's just me, but I think you may want to round the face out a little bit...like by replacing some of the cheek fur that give cats that distinctive look.
    Well, I am no expert on cats, so you may have a point, but what I wanted to do with this image was not make it look like I just stuck a cat's head on a uniform, but preserve at least the basic shape and some features of the actress hidden under the fur.

Oh and if anyone thinks I haven't succeeded with that, just give it a try yourself.

OKay I need characters submitted to me by Monday.

aslan_collas@yahoo.com

I would like to start ASAP

OKay I need characters submitted to me by Monday.
    Just on a verification, my submission was okay, except for the background change you suggested. Right?

BTW, other than the CMO and my character (Savanna Fields - chief engineer), how many women will we got on board?

Also, did you make a final decision on station or ship?
    "Sir, we're getting an increase in the ..."