Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Block gone... New game setting coming...

Decision went for Starbase (with support ship)

I believe there is one other female, the Flight Officer.

Everything should be cool for your character, with the changes I requested

Originally posted by AslanC
    From 2258 - 2259 Starfleet Intelligence begins "removing" particular undesribales from the station and upgrading the station and the sensor systems needed to monitor the Romulans (and to some degree the Gorns as well).

In 2260 Starfleet is ready to transfer staff into place.

This is where the game will begin.
    Now, if you want to start ASAP, let me get a few questions about the actual in-game starting situation out off the way.

(1) Will we all be part of the staff that is just transfered to the station (except the Bannockburn CO of course), i.e. will all characters be newcomers to the station?

(2) Will we all arrive on the same ship (or at least in small groups on only a few ships), giving us a chance to get to know each other before we reach the station?

(3) What basic information can we get (in-game) about the station before we arrive, e.g. layout, some info on the staff assigned to our departments, etc. Just want to get an idea what kind of knowledge I can assume my character has.

Now if you want to address all these questions during gameplay that's fine by me, but the sooner we get the basics worked out the sooner we can get down to some serious gaming.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)

USS Bannockburn for UST

Northampton-class Specifications for Ultimate Star Trek

Production Data
    Origin: United Federation of Planets
    Class and Type: Northampton-class Heavy Frigate
    Year Launched: 2247 {2260}

Hull Data
    Structure: 35 {30}
    Size/Decks: 6/20 decks
    Length/Beam/Height: 300/150/75 meters
    Complement: 325

Operational Data
    Atmorspheric Systems: No
    Cargo Units: 60
    Life Support: Class 3 (D)
    Operations System: Class 3 (D)
    Separation System: No
    Sensor System: Class 3 (+3/D)
    Shuttlebay: 1 stardrive aft
    Shuttlecraft: 6 size worth
    Tractor Beams: 1FV, 1AD
    Transporters: 6 standard, 6 emergency, 6 cargo

Propulsion Data
    Impulse System: RSM (.75c) (D)
    Warp System: LN-64 Mod 3 (wf 7/9/12) (D)

Tactical Data
    Phaser Banks: Type VII (x3/C) {Type VIII (x4/C)}
    Penetration: 4/4/4/0/0 {5/5/4/0/0}
    Photon Torpedoes: Mk 22 DF (x3/C)
    Penetration: 4/4/4/4/4
    Deflector Shield: PFF 3 (B) {CIDSS-2 (C)}
    Protection/Threshold: 14/3 {14/4}

Miscellaneous Data
    Maneuvering: +1C, +1H, +2T
    Traits: Hardened System (Warp)

Initially launched in 2247, the Northampton incorporated many lessons learned from the Constitution refit of 2241 and the Andorian-designed Andor-class missile cruiser and Thufir-class destroyer.

The 2260 refit upgraded the ship's phasers to Type VIIIs, allowing for greater penetration at point-blank and short range. Extra structure was removed in favor of the more reliable CIDSS-2 deflector shield. USS Bannockburn (NCC-2028) is the first ship to complete the refit.

Twenty-two Northhamptons have been built so far, and another eight are planned over the next nine years. Five were lost during the Genesis War, and three others have been lost in peacetime. Three Northamptons have recently entered spacedock to undergo the new refit, and Starfleet plans to refit the remaining 10 at a pace of two per year.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Lancer
    Now, if you want to start ASAP, let me get a few questions about the actual in-game starting situation out off the way.
    Shoot!

(1) Will we all be part of the staff that is just transfered to the station (except the Bannockburn CO of course), i.e. will all characters be newcomers to the station?
    All newcommers.

(2) Will we all arrive on the same ship (or at least in small groups on only a few ships), giving us a chance to get to know each other before we reach the station?
    I suppose. If someone really wants it, othersise you are catching lifts on the various Starfleet vessels along the various routes that will connect and drop you.

(3) What basic information can we get (in-game) about the station before we arrive, e.g. layout, some info on the staff assigned to our departments, etc. Just want to get an idea what kind of knowledge I can assume my character has.
    Hmmmm... I can't think of anything off hand, send me an e-mail when I can think about it

Now if you want to address all these questions during gameplay that's fine by me, but the sooner we get the basics worked out the sooner we can get down to some serious gaming.
    Agreed.

Re: USS Bannockburn for UST

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    [B]Northampton-class Specifications for Ultimate Star Trek
    Do you have one for the station as well?
    "Sir, we're getting an increase in the ..."

Re: Re: USS Bannockburn for UST

Originally posted by Prompt Critical
    Do you have one for the station as well?
    I believe we're going with a K-type station. If that's the case, go here. Of course, since Aslan has reimagined the Star Trek universe, ignore the listed dates in the text.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Y'know, maybe it's just me, but I think you may want to round the face out a little bit...like by replacing some of the cheek fur that give cats that distinctive look.

Given that she's a female, you don't want to make them too pronounced, but a little more of a rounded cheek line might help.

Just my thoughts.
    Y'know, the more I think about it and try experimenting with it, the more I start to think that "more cat-like" might not be such a bad way to go, especially after finally getting my hands on a TAS episode with M'res in it.
    What do you (and everyone else) think of this one?

Is the feline model a shorthair?

The picture looks very good, although it just lacks a true feline roundness to the face. I've always envisioned a bipedal feline race to retain the more squat, round, longer skull shape that is common to all cats (big and small).

Of course, when you're trying to conform the cat's fur, nose and eyes onto a human head, it's extremely difficult to find the appropriate actress to fit that unusual (for a human) structure. All-in-all, I think you did a pretty good job.

One suggestion, though, is to move her right ear further laterally (away from center). It's current location makes her look a little off axis.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

Is the feline model a shorthair?
    The original cat is some sort of african wildcat and pretty shorthaired.

The picture looks very good, although it just lacks a true feline roundness to the face. I've always envisioned a bipedal feline race to retain the more squat, round, longer skull shape that is common to all cats (big and small).
    The biggest problem with using a cat's head on a human body is the diameter of the neck. You can either reduce the size of the neck and head of a cat to fit the uniform colar (which would result in a ridiculously small head) or deform the head to a more human-looking shape.
    Adding fur to the original body's neck and using the cat's head as it is would be another option, but the head just looks too big for the neck that way, at least to me it does.

One suggestion, though, is to move her right ear further laterally (away from center). It's current location makes her look a little off axis.
    You are of course right.
    That's just one of the things that fall into the "noticed it myself ten seconds after uploading the image" category. Happens all the time.

Once we start playing I'll post a corrected version in the actual game tread, but apart from moving her ear it should be very close to the one shown above.

Aslan, another question:
    You have compressed the timeline so much I am not sure if I should envision the setting in the TOS "bubblegum button" style or the "touchscreen style" of the E-B bridge or something in between.
    You don't have to go into any details - just a rough outline of the "visual" aspects of your universe would be more than enough for me. Knowing how to visualize a setting always helps me get in the mood for a game.

Well that is a good question.

We have a mix to say the least on this one. The K-Type station (not sure I will use that appleation since the K in K-7 maye have simply refered to Klingon, as in the border it was near) has old TOS style lite-brite controls.

The bannockburn, having just undergone a refit would have Trek VI style controls.

You would use flip out communicators and the Phasers from V & VI.

In the UST world I like the Phaser Rifles from First Contact so those owuld be par fot ehc ourse.

Transporters can beam to a location, but not inbetween decks on ships. From ship to ship, most times would be transporter room to transporter room.

Replicators exist as food replicators, that make flavoured colored cubes, not violins and watches, etc...

Hmmm... what else? Suggestions? Questions?

Confirmed Characters

Captain Matthew Elias Grimm - CO USS Bannockburn (Sea Tyger)

Commander Theodore Rostoff - CO DS6 (GandalfOfBorg)

Lieutenant Commander R’rssar - CMO DS6 (Lancer)

Lieutenant Commander Alejandra Cecilia Xenia "Alex" Romero - Flight Control Officer DS6 (Chris Landmark)

Lieutenant Savanna Fields - Chief of Operations/Engineering DS6 (Prompt Critical)

=-=-=-=-=-=

Two more players are on the plate as wanting to join in, but haven't finalized character ideas. As one of them is undergoing a personal issue, I am extending the deadline to the end of the week (say Saturday) with a proposed start of next Monday, the 24th.

One is leaning towards Strategic Ops and the other towards Security, since these are not the same departments, it should work out well.

If I have left anyone out, please contact me immediately via PM

The bannockburn, having just undergone a refit would have Trek VI style controls.
    Where does the name Bannockburn come from?

Replicators exist as food replicators, that make flavoured colored cubes, not violins and watches, etc...
    Flavored colored cubes? Sounds like a Jello commercial. No "Tea, Earl Grey, hot"? I guess as long as meals aren't a major part of the role-play.
    "Sir, we're getting an increase in the ..."

We have a mix to say the least on this one. The K-Type station (not sure I will use that appleation since the K in K-7 maye have simply refered to Klingon, as in the border it was near) has old TOS style lite-brite controls.

So the station is TOS style and the Bannockburn has the "movie styling". *shrugs* Works for me.

As an aside to the "K-type station": You called it a Kepler-type station earlier in this thread, which works just fine IMHO.

You would use flip out communicators and the Phasers from V & VI.

In the UST world I like the Phaser Rifles from First Contact so those owuld be par fot ehc ourse.
    R'rssar couldn't care less about the looks of the weapons, but I bet the security guys will be interested if you are using the "23rd century phaser" rules or the more modern phaser settings, despite all the visual mish-mash (see Coda PG, p. 182).

I must admit it's been quite a while since I saw any TOS episode, but couldn't those food dispensers provide real food, instead of just "flavoured cube meals"?
    Ye know, I bet the station's CMO would write R'rssar a medical certificate that real meat is a vital part of her dietary requirements.

And no violins? Be thankful for that. A Caitian playing a violin could end up with a real "cat"erwaul.

Hmmm... what else? Suggestions? Questions?
    Can you tell us a little more about the civilian population of DS6?
    I don't need any details about specific individuals (at least not now), but I think I have a slight tendency to envision any Trek station like DS9.
    A rough breakdown of species onboard (mostly humans, mostly Orions, equal mix of several species, etc.) and a list of some services the civies provide (restaurants, bars, tailor-shops, etc.) would be nice and could help spur your own imagination.
    If you want to tell us during gameplay that's fine by me, but the more of the "small details" we get out of the way first, the more we can concentrate on the actual game later on.

OTOH, that could just be me.

And another question has just occured to me:

The SOM mentions that surgery in a starship sickbay should be treated as "well equiped", i.e. with a -5 TN modifier. Does the same go for DS6's medical facilities as well?

And what about other skills that might be affected by modifiers for good/bad equipment, e.g. engineering?
    Will there be any TN modifiers in place, as long as we are on the station and if so, for what skills?