Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Block gone... New game setting coming...

Okay I have given it thought and here is my decision.

I am restarting the game from scratch.

One of the major changes will be putting it in regular post DS9- Trek (with maybe a canon change or two, but probably not).

Why? Simple, I prefer stories set in Movie Gen, but the TNG+ Universe is ideal for Roleplaying.

Setting may or may not change, I don't know yet.

Ask questions.

But the game will go on, just slightly changed. If folks want to keep their characters, et al, no problem. Want to try something new? No problem. Want to drop out? No problem.

The game will have its own forum at FBR as well (thanks Matt).

Originally posted by AslanC
    But the game will go on, just slightly changed. If folks want to keep their characters, et al, no problem. Want to try something new? No problem. Want to drop out? No problem.
    I want to continue.
    I want to use the character I have (with the changes required by the changed background, which shouldn't be much).

OTOH I reserve the right to change any of the above statements without prior notice, depending on - in part, but not limited to - the changes to the background you are going to make and other circumstances that I have not yet considered or which may come up in the future.

Disclaimer: No, I am not a lawyer myself, I just work for some lawyers.

You have done a fabulous job thus far, Aslan, especially in light of your major work-related scheduling upheaval. I may make some minor adjustments to my character, mainly correcting the errors I made during character creation, but I am rather fond of Deacon. I have never played a Security Officer prior to this game, and have some interesting ideas I want to explore.

Of course, I said that about Meredith Davies as well...
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

All good, all good

Just so you know guys, there will be some drastic setting changes, and such, and once the "series profile" is prepared, I will post it.

Essentially I am going to run my Star Trek Genesis/Paradise Station idea

It will be very very good, and lord knows I have put so much bloody work into it, it is best that it pays off.

New characters wil be available, including a Klingon BOP Commander (and possibly another member of his crew) and some other non-Starfleet folks as well

Now I have to request an updated character pic from STPMA, but that was relatively painless last time. I still love my Ultimate Deke though.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

Hey, just that we are playing post-DS9 era doesn't mean we are going to switch to the latest uniforms.
    With Aslan at the helm the uniforms we'll be using is anyone's guess.

It will be the Ds9 style unis so there :P

Any one else got any other smart arsed comments they want to add?

Which season of DS9?

Originally posted by RaconteurX
    Which season of DS9?
    On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd say that's at least an 8, as far as smart arsed comments go.

Okay I am going to get Matt to set up the space at FBR so we can move all this talk over there

Season 10 smart arse! :P

Ooooh, Season Ten uniforms are sooooo much sexier than Season Five-Point-Six's. It's the top-hat and tails. They lend a certain classiness to the song-and-dance numbers. No other season has captured that elegance.

Originally posted by AslanC
    Essentially I am going to run my Star Trek Genesis/Paradise Station idea
    That works out well for me, as the reason for Deacon being initially assigned to Paradise Station would remain the same as for Deep Star 6: experience dealing with the Orion Syndicate.

Well, I disappear for a while and look what happens!

For me, I'll follow this game wherever it ends up. Alejandra was originally built for a post-DS9 game anyway, so reverting back won't be too hard. I've already got the picture, even...

So are we headed for the Blue Room?

And what are the details for ST Genesis/Paradise station again?

-Chris Landmark
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

Originally posted by Chris Landmark
    Well, I disappear for a while and look what happens!

For me, I'll follow this game wherever it ends up. Alejandra was originally built for a post-DS9 game anyway, so reverting back won't be too hard. I've already got the picture, even...
    I love it when a plan comes together?

So are we headed for the Blue Room?
    Yes yes

And what are the details for ST Genesis/Paradise station again?
    Details to come in the next week or so.

I would need a little more information about the new game/setting before I decided to change my character or not.
    Former Editor, The Hall of Fire, Beyond the Final Frontier
    http://www.geocities.com/gandalfofborg25/index.html