Thread: Equipment

Equipment

This is a post for GM's who would like to place some equipment that they use in thier games ie things that they came up with(homebrewed) of equipment that they have seen or read about in either a ST episode or novel,comicbook etc.

LIFE SUPPORT BELT

ERA TAS(2269-2270)This wide thick belt gives it wearer air,tempurature,and heat regulation for up to four hours. It generates a glowing greenish- -yellow force field around the wearer, and is used like the more bulky EVA suite in space(it can also be used in hostile enviroments and underwater) ITs biggest drawbacks are from the fact the glow of the force field makes it impossible to hide while wearing one plus a major hit to the belt can cause it malfunction and fail,and thus it should not be used in combat situations. SIZE: varies depending on the wearers waist size.
    MASS: upto 1 kgDURATION: 4 HRS
    Character wearing a LSB does not suffer from the -2 penalty to physical tests unlike A spacesuite does.
    There is a +20 penalty to conceal oneself.
    PROTECTION: The LSB offers full cover and aborbs 25 points of damage.

Unhappy

I guess no-one can come up with anything, I would have been nice.

I just let people use the normal starfleet gear that is seen in the shows. Star Trek has such amazing gizmos already that I see no need to create new stuff.

However, I'm the type of person that hates GM/player created items/ships for any game/setting/system because they're usually too powerful and unnecessary.

"Looky I created the Uber class starship that has 40 torpedo bays, 109 phaser banks, a cloaking device, bays for 50 fighters, and a partridge in a pear tree."

Why not try posting your query in the Narrator's Corner forum - it's not really a rules-centred question, after all (although game statistics will, of course, come into it).

I'm not a CODA GM, but I look in here frequently to see if there's any ideas to steal. Not everyone does, though, and you might get some ideas from FASA and ICON Trek GMs that you can adapt.

Many years ago I came up with Trek versions of some SF police weapons, issued to civilian law enforcement officers, as well as to Starfleet Security.

Stunner - essentially a Phaser restricted to stun settings only. The Stunner looks like an old-style Phaser I with a pistol grip on its bottom. This is a popular weapon with civilian security and law enforcement, but is rarely used by Starfleet.

Stunstik - a rigid baton which delivers a stun effect when it strikes. It can be set to light or heavy stun, or simply used as a old-fashioned nightstick. Used by law enforcement and Starfleet for riot control.

Stunglove - a padded "driving-glove" with a heavy wristband. The knuckles have a contact-triggered stun emitter on the knuckles. Power cells and control panel are in the wristband. The glove is fingerless and the palm is unpowered so that normal tasks can be performed without switching the unit off. Favoured mostly by bodyguards and criminal enforcers. Illegal in many juridictions.

Game stats are pretty obvious.

I am pretty sure that the 'Stunner', the Mk I Phaser with Stun Settings only is also listed in the TNG Tech Manual.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Red face

MY BAD, I humbly request this tread be move to Narrator's Corner.

"I am pretty sure that the 'Stunner', the Mk I Phaser with Stun Settings only is also listed in the TNG Tech Manual."

Oh, quite probably - I came up with these before the TNGTM was out - remember, I did create them in the old FASA days...

A variant on the Stunstik is the Sickstik seen in the recent Tom Cruise movie Minority Report. A hit on the torso from this puppy causes instant debilitating nausea and projectile vomiting. Messy.

I think the Stunner is mentioned in the Starfleet Operations Manual (Coda).
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!