Thread: Explosives Rules

Question Explosives Rules

Quick question for those with the Operations Manual:

Are there any rules or guidelines for explosive devices in the book? Or is the Demolitions skill write up in the PG the only CODA-fied details about explosives?

Cheers,

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

The manual has these items: Isomagnetic Disintegrators, Photon Grenades, Photon Mortars, and Stun Grenades.

Thanks, GoB!

I was curious because I had considered devising some explosives rules like those presented in the Last Unicorn book TNG: Players' Guide. I didn't want to be developing something that was already detailed for the CODA system.

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

Dont' forget the Hazards section in the Narrator's Guide, LQ. Explosions are on pages 228-229.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Great Blessed Exchequer! How in the Divine Treasury did I forget about that section of the NG!?!

It's the index. Yes, that's it, it's all the index's fault. Nasty index. Queeg no make silly mistake. Never!

LQ

P.S. Thanks Doug!

did you look in the starfleet operations manual supplament. There they have info on gernades and stuff.

I personnally like to treat such explosions as possible criticals but some narrators prefer only 1d6 damage to characters. Its really a GM style at this point.

Originally posted by vecna35
    I personnally like to treat such explosions as possible criticals but some narrators prefer only 1d6 damage to characters. Its really a GM style at this point.
    True, it's a matter of style. I tend not to be a completely "by the book" GM, but I do like a range of options to choose from when applying game effects like criticals or extra damage. Sometimes, what works in one situation doesn't in another.

It might make players uneasy, but the spirit of the game rules is more important to me than the letter of the rules, so to speak.

LQ