View Poll Results: Which image do you prefer?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll

2 8.70%

21 91.30%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Image vote

Image vote

I am preparing a new MSH Classic Campaign based on the adventures of a UN Superteam called The Assembly...

Which logo do you prefer?

1]

2]

Comment also welcome.

Bonus points to whoever identifies what the logo is based on
    Last edited by AslanC; 05-14-2004 at 11:29 PM.

I prefer the blue one, esp. if that's the UN symbol I'm seeing.

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    The top one has an Avengers feel to the color scheme and the bottom one has an Alpha Flight feel. I wonder why the difference seems only to be color scheme, but you may wish to take that into account when choosing. I find it hard to make a judgement without any info on the team. perhaps if you could provide some background data, it would help the decision.

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

I tend to lean that way as well, but you didn't vote

Still th Red & Yellow has a dynamic Comic Book feel

Re: Image vote

Originally posted by AslanC
    ...the adventures of a UN Superteam called The Assembly...
    Not sure exactly what "more info" you are looking for.

Can you be more specific?

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    Okay. Like, if I were going to describe the JLA: a team of the world's most powerful heroes who unite to defend the planet from its worst threats. Composed of Superman, batman, Wonder Woman, etc... maybe give a little back ground on them or the concept.

That sort of thing. And give an idea of the flavor of the adventures they will have. Like, are they more like the Avengers? or more like the JLA? Or the FF? The Defenders? The Authority?

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

Well Ic an't really answer those questions right now, as I am just (as of a few hours ago) putting it together and haven't even recruited players yet.

The idea would be essentially somewhere between U.N.Forces, Stormwatch, the Avengers and JLI.

Classic heroes, international flavour, classic villains, not so gritty.

Fighting international super-terrorists, alien invaders, secret societies, world conqerors, etc...

Four colour, with some humour thrown in. But not gritty.

That help?

As to the members, nothing yet.

Arrow

Umm...

Don't you think there will be a confusion between the UN Assembly (composed of Ambassadors) ... and The Assembly (your super-team)?

I'd go with the blue-n-white scheme. It's consistent with many UN schemes.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Originally posted by REG
    Umm...

Don't you think there will be a confusion between the UN Assembly (composed of Ambassadors) ... and The Assembly (your super-team)?

I don't see the confusion. I'm sure Aslan's Assembly will accomplish something, as opposed to the other one which can't even agree on lunch.

BTW, I like the red. The Blue makes me think Starfleet.

Originally posted by REG
    Umm...

I doubt anyone will confuse diplomats with Super-heroes.

Also the UN is known more formally as the General Assembly.

So why not go the extra mile and click to vote? I know there is only 1 vote for the blue one and I know who cast it, so if you like it, what's the harm in clicking?

Originally posted by Phantom
    I don't see the confusion. I'm sure Aslan's Assembly will accomplish something, as opposed to the other one which can't even agree on lunch.
    Satire, not political

BTW, I like the red. The Blue makes me think Starfleet.
    Could be. Still blue and white are the traditional colours of the UN, as REG pointed out.

Not voting just yet, but I'm having a hard time getting over the cold war era, Western (blue/white) vs. Eastern (red/yellow) conflicts.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Originally posted by Phoenix
    Not voting just yet, but I'm having a hard time getting over the cold war era, Western (blue/white) vs. Eastern (red/yellow) conflicts.
    Wow I never even thought of that. weird, now that you point it out I see what you mean.

Cool. Happy accident

Cool

Originally posted by AslanC

I doubt anyone will confuse diplomats with Super-heroes.
    Yeah, but try calling them on the phone.

Rec: Hello, you have reached the United Nations. To whom shall I direct your call?

REG: I need to get the Assembly.

Rec: I'm sorry, but Honorable Ambassador Kofi Annan have adjourned the Assembly for today.

REG: NO! Not THAT Assembly! THE Assembly!

Rec: Why didn't you say so? People are so assertive these days.

REG: It's an emergency! URGENT!

Rec: Hold your horsey, I'm connecting ya. Hmm-hmm. One ringy-dingy. Two ringy-dingy. Three ringy-dingy. Hmm. I swear their office is open. Four ringy-dingy. Sir, would you like me to take your message? *click* Hello? Well, that's rude. People are in a hurry these days. No time for courtesy.

Also the UN is known more formally as the General Assembly.
    And what is it known informally, just so I get the right office?

So why not go the extra mile and click to vote? I know there is only 1 vote for the blue one and I know who cast it, so if you like it, what's the harm in clicking?
    I'm afraid I might go Simon Cowell like the last time.

Just kidding. I'm having a funny moment.
    Last edited by REG; 05-15-2004 at 05:44 AM.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Your typographic line weights suggest 'comic-book' on both logos, so there's no problem with that identification on either banner.

As has been said before, the red-banner color scheme is identical to that seen in Avengers comics. If that's what you want, keep it.

The logotype is strong enough to stand on its own. The UN seal at the end seems like an afterthought and isn't integrated into the design as it could be. In addition, the UN seal size is so small that you're losing some its design elements (like the map grid.)

The UN seal is never seen in black except in black-on-white documents; When in color, the seal is always in white usually on its familiar blue background. If you intend to keep the UN seal at the end, reverse it out in white.

Finally, if it were me, I'd play with it a bit and see what the logo looks like with yellow type on the blue background. You might have to adjust your chroma a bit to keep the colors from overpowering one another, but its worth the experimentation.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers