View Poll Results: Which image do you prefer?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll

2 8.70%

21 91.30%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Image vote

I <em>like</em> the red/yellow color scheme better, but I voted for the blue/white scheme simply because it's closer to established U.N. practice. Also, it's less "intimidating"; believe me, spin doctors do think about things like that, and the U.N. would certainly hire some good PR folks if it launched a project of this sort.

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    Originally posted by REG
    And what is it known informally, just so I get the right office?
    I could make some suggestions, but they'd all be vulgar & political. "Kleptocrats" would be the only printable part of it. Of course, this is a comic book version of the UN, which bear the same resmbelance to the real one as the Starship Troopers movies do to the book...
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    Went for the blue. Makes me think of UN peacekeepers.

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

Originally posted by REG
    Yeah, but try calling them on the phone.

Rec: Hello, you have reached the United Nations. To whom shall I direct your call?

REG: I need to get the Assembly.

Rec: I'm sorry, but Honorable Ambassador Kofi Annan have adjourned the Assembly for today.

REG: NO! Not THAT Assembly! THE Assembly!

Rec: Why didn't you say so? People are so assertive these days.

REG: It's an emergency! URGENT!

Rec: Hold your horsey, I'm connecting ya. Hmm-hmm. One ringy-dingy. Two ringy-dingy. Three ringy-dingy. Hmm. I swear their office is open. Four ringy-dingy. Sir, would you like me to take your message? *click* Hello? Well, that's rude. People are in a hurry these days. No time for courtesy.
    Now that is some funny, funny stuff man

Originally posted by Ezri's Toy
    Your typographic line weights suggest 'comic-book' on both logos, so there's no problem with that identification on either banner.
    Not sure what that means, but I think it is a good thing

As has been said before, the red-banner color scheme is identical to that seen in Avengers comics. If that's what you want, keep it.
    My roommate said the exact same thing (about it looking like the Avengers). Didn't do that on purpose, but now that it is mentioned I do see it

The logotype is strong enough to stand on its own. The UN seal at the end seems like an afterthought and isn't integrated into the design as it could be. In addition, the UN seal size is so small that you're losing some its design elements (like the map grid.)
    The UN Seal was a sort of after thought, I felt the image was empty without it and wanted to add soemthing on the end. Alas the size is the issue, not much I can do about that.

The UN seal is never seen in black except in black-on-white documents; When in color, the seal is always in white usually on its familiar blue background. If you intend to keep the UN seal at the end, reverse it out in white.
    Well I got it form a B&W image source, so I could change it if I felt it necessary I may just, or drop it all together.

Finally, if it were me, I'd play with it a bit and see what the logo looks like with yellow type on the blue background. You might have to adjust your chroma a bit to keep the colors from overpowering one another, but its worth the experimentation.
    Maybe, but I am not a fan of that colour combination. Blue & yellow... I dunno. I'll give it a gander and see.

Originally posted by Fesarius
    I <em>like</em> the red/yellow color scheme better, but I voted for the blue/white scheme simply because it's closer to established U.N. practice. Also, it's less "intimidating"; believe me, spin doctors do think about things like that, and the U.N. would certainly hire some good PR folks if it launched a project of this sort.
    Interesting take on things. I agree th red & yellow is striking and makes you take notice more than the blue & white.

Cool

Originally posted by Cybrludite

I could make some suggestions, but they'd all be vulgar & political. "Kleptocrats" would be the only printable part of it. Of course, this is a comic book version of the UN, which bear the same resmbelance to the real one as the Starship Troopers movies do to the book...
    PM me the list. Because I am not afraid to use it!

[size=0.1]Although I may have to impose a second self-exile once I have done the dastardly deed here.[/size]

Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

I voted for Blue, since the UN favors Blue in their own Color Scheme.

But the Red, well we have the Red Cross and the Red Crescent; both organizations that help people. While I don't think these groups are UN in origin, I do think that people could connect the color red with a Gobal Hero Team.

Or filthy commies

I like the blue.

I think Tricky brings up a good point.

If the team is UN sponsored/sanctioned as an official department, they'd have a blue logo of some sort. Blue is the UN color, after all. White on blue, including the tastefully small UN logo in the corner, which ties the group into the greater UN banner, but doesn't rub the UN hater's nose in it.

If they're semi-independent, with an official sanction, then you might be able to go with the red. Especially if they're more an emergency/disaster response team rather than a "sent to slug it out with the latest menace" type.

Alex

I went with blue because I like blue. Also matches the color scheme used by U.N. peacekeeping forces, which is not a bad idea.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

Blue.

Now if we can just get Aslan to run this as a PBEM . . .