Thread: Cool ship art concepts

Cool ship art concepts

http://www.nightsoft.net/concepts.htm

Lots concpet art for various species. I can smell the ship contractors here starting to think about them already
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I like 1-2 of the Klingon designs, and a couple of the Romulan designs. The Cardassian designs are nice and the Tholian ships are tres cool.

The Federation ships are too exotic for my tastes. And, for the Manta-class, if inverted warp nacelles provide benefits, why don't all Federation ships use them? Hmm?
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Two words...

HOLY CRAP!!!

These designs are awesome, especially if one things about the setting of about mid-2400's or early 2500's!

Although personally, I can't get over one design:

I'm sorry, but the Prometheus-class is the ultimate in starship design.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we see it in the Battle of Proseon V when Daniels brought Archer to the Enterprise-J?

My personal fave of those designs would have to be the Concord-class cruiser. Something about it just says 'power-packed'.
    "...For I intend to sail in harm's way!"

-John Paul Jones

Some of this might prove useful in my alternate-universes campaign.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Very impressive body of work!
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

I kinda like the klingon Cruiser refits C-9, C-7, D-5, D7 for the extra structural reinforcment...which actually makes sense.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

As a thought, what do ppl think the D-7 Refit would get for itself? A structural upgrade is obvious (+5 structure?). Any other ideas?

There are some awesome and not so awesome ships in there

Thanks for the link

I just looked over some romulan designs. Can somebody with a good hand in CODA starship design make stats for the Romulan fleet pleeeeeaaase ?

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cut
    I just looked over some romulan designs. Can somebody with a good hand in CODA starship design make stats for the Romulan fleet pleeeeeaaase ?
    If you can wait a week, I'll be back in the office on the 8th (where I keep my Coda books ) and can start work on some.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock.php and another sight with lots of ship designs. the snapshots aren't as nice....but they are interesting to look at and a bit more diverse

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger
    If you can wait a week, I'll be back in the office on the 8th (where I keep my Coda books ) and can start work on some.

Oh, please! Take all the time you need. But whenever you post one, I'll be very happy to take a look :-)