Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Coda] Xindi Starships

Cool

I hesitate to speculate on such scant information, but this entire problem can go away if you make a couple of assumptions.

First of all, if the vortex "drive" is dependent on the sphere network, all of that technology is lost if the spheres are lost.

The fact that the vortex "drive" still operates after the destruction of the spheres is illusory. The ships were already in transit. The vortex did dump the weapon at Earth in the right time period, but later uses of the vortex now suffer from the fading effects of the sphere network. Shortly the vortices won't work at all. Without this cross-dimensional technology, there's no such drive available for Kirk's time.

Or I'm talking through my hat. Enterprise may be in the right time after all, but in a strangely altered timeline due to the Temporal Cold War. Gee, I wonder if the Aquatics hung around long enough to see this?
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Yeah, I've been thinking a lot about this. Maybe their impulse drive is goofed up as it was in "E2." I know it's not quite the same situation, but maybe all the damage that <i>Enterprise</i> suffered caused them to end up 220 years in the past.

Oh, and it is clear that the Xindi subspace tunnel technology is <b>not</b> based on the Spheres. If they were, then the Aquatics could not have used it to transport <i>Enterprise</i> back to the Sol system in the first place. In fact, Degra's ship used the technology to travel back to the Delphic Expanse to drop off the rest of the crew, and then the Aquatics took them all back to Earth.

As you say, of course, they did end up in the wrong time. Maybe Daniels put them there to rescue Archer? And what about the Aquatics? Are they in the past as well? If they are, then I say the technology goofed up. If not, then I say something else transported <i>Enterprise</i> to the past.

I guess we'll see this Fall.

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

I added the Xindi Warp Shuttle (Degra's ship) and made some changes to the Xindi Assault Shuttle, including changing its size from 2 to 1. I also inputted the proper values of the cargo units for the Xindi ships.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

I went ahead and updated the xindi ships adding a protype flaw to the warp system and downgrading certain systems and accounting the availabilty penaties for advanced systems.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!