Thread: T'korex-class Warbird Questions

T'korex-class Warbird Questions

Hi Steve,
    I recently downloaded the Spacedock and DWS books - they're outstanding and I've enjoyed reading them. I have some questions I'd like to ask about the T'korex warbird in the DWS:

1. I'm trying to get an accurate idea of the ship's appearance - the DWS describes the T'korex as a "smaller version of the D'deridex ... with an underhull which extends all the way to its command hull instead of connecting via a boom". Do you mean that the entire front edge of the lower hull extends farther than the upper hull? If so, then are the warp engines mounted where the upper and lower hulls connect, with the lower hull extending beyond the front of the warp engines? Or do you mean that the lower hull connects to the command hull with a "bridge" section, rather than the entire front edge of the lower hull being farther forward than the front of the upper hull?

2. The basic combat stats for the T'korex in the DWS are quite high (disruptor damage of 26, shield ratings of 100/150), and are actually more powerful than the D'deridex, but the ship has a relatively slow warp speed (5.0/7.0/9.0). On the other hand, the spacedock version of the T'korex is less powerful than the D'deridex, but still has the same warp drive. I was wondering which version of the stats is closer to what you envisioned for the ship?

I personally like the idea of a smaller warbird optimized for combat (and since the T'korex has a commisioning date of 2366, it would be around 20 years more advanced than the D'deridex), but since the warp drive is quite slow for such a new design, I was curious if this was done intentionally to offset the high combat capabilities for its basic stats.

It's been so long since I created those ships, I don't have any particular recollection of details of their appearance. Nor do I have any particular memory regarding why I made various choices regarding weapons, engines, and so on. Just go with whatever seems most aesthetically and tactically pleasing to you.
    Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer