Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Deep Star 6 - Game Thread

Savanna Fields - Engineering

Originally posted by GandalfOfBorg
    Rostoff makes a call to Savanna Fields. "I need you to analyze how the unknowns are towing the station and let me know if picking them off one by one or some other means would force them to slow down to safely drop out of warp. This is your top priority; I need an answer and soon."
    "Understood, sir." Savanna will reply before closing the comlink. She looks to the Tellerite Chief Engineer.

"Sir, permission to use station 15. I've been requested by my Commanding Officer to work on an analysis for him."

(Assuming he grants permission)

With a slight smirk as the short creature's command had been overridden by a higher authority, though coming from outside of his own little kingdom of the Engineering Room, Savanna approaches the station and begins configuring it for her calculations while she began considering the meticulous process of factoring in the variables involved with the feat before the Bannockburn - a space station being towed while at high warp - or at least relatively high warp for what would be an insurmountable task for any advanced race. The variable that she would have to consider were rather high and could take up to several hours, perhaps days, if she were to take them one at a time of course, but she would not do that for she had learned several methods of 'beating the odds' and combining variables of similar levels of complexity and thereby weeding out the wild and unlikely values for the more appropriate and most likely of values, reducing the task to mere minutes, if not just a few moments of computing time to come against an answer. An answer her commanding officer was waiting for...

--
    Aslan, you can post it here or send it to me via PM.
    Lt. Savanna Fields, Deep Space Six

Originally posted by AslanC
    - In engineering everyone is working hard. Leaving your post during a red-alert would be considered a dereliction of duty.
    Only because I didn't get an answer to the "time check" that I requested way back on the 16th.
    Lt. Savanna Fields, Deep Space Six

What answers are folks waiting on? Or am I to move on the narrative now?

oog: I posed a question for everyone over on the 'Block Gone...' thread

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...533#post134533

... Or am I to move on the narrative now?
    That's what I think.

Now let's move along so we get shot at. At least that would give the medical department something to do.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    - The communication signal is met by a stream of static. White noise? You can't be sure. It could even be communication.
    Hmm, static, Grimm muses as he leans forward in his chair. "Keep trying, Mr. Remy. Two minute intervals."

Leaning back again, Matthew considers other possibilities. We have no idea who these aggressors are, no clue as to their physiology or technology, he continues in thought.

Matthew decides to listen in during the next two attempts at contact, to see if he can find a pattern in the static.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz