Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Deep Star 6 - Game Thread

Stepping back to the end of the meal briefly...

Leutennant Commander Romero remains behind as the party breaks up, chatting briefly with the stragglers until she is left alone. When the stewards enter to remove the remains of the meal, they find her leaning up against the viewport, gazing distantly out at the stars streaking past. They go silently about their work, careful not to disturb her reverie. After a few minutes, Alejandra returns to the present, crosses herself, and quetly thanks the stewards as she leaves.

An hour later, she can be found in the gym. She acknowledges R'rssar with a quick nod and greeting, but quickly looses herself in her routine.

OOC: I assume R'rssar isn't one to indulge in much chit-chat, but Lancer is free to contradict me here

After two intense hours of exercize, Alejandra returns to her quarters and prepares herself to face the first day of her new assignment.

OOC: Ready for the next day...
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

[OOG - I am not going to move forward if people have scenes they still wish to play out. Let me know, if by tmorrow night (say midnight PST) no one has reserved time, I will move forward. ]

Originally posted by Chris Landmark
    An hour later, she can be found in the gym. She acknowledges R'rssar with a quick nod and greeting, but quickly looses herself in her routine.
    R'rssar replies with an equally quick nod before going back to her own routine, which turns out to be floor exercises.

After a few handstands, cartwheels and backflips from a standing start R'rssar begins to weave the different moves into more and more complex patterns. Twenty minutes later she settles on a few specific combinations, going through them over and over again in an almost mechanical fashion for the next hour.

Every now and then R'rssar takes a small break and her scrutinizing gaze wanders to Cmdr. Romero, but never for more than a few seconds.

When the Caitian finishes her exercises after one and a half hours she heads straight for the door, but halfway there R'rssar stops and turns to Alex Romero.

"Would you mind if I asked you something, Commander? It's somewhat personal, so if you don't want to answer that's quite okay."

OOG: If Alex knows anything about Gymnastics, she can tell that R'rssar is quite good at floor exercises, but not on a professional level. On a scale of 1 (absolute beginner) to 10 (best ever) let's call it a 5, maybe a 6. If Alex can't tell a cartwheel from a somersault, just ignore this information.

Rostoff nodded at the comment. "One of many in a long line of things to do when we get to the station."

The early morning progressed on with Rostoff and McKeown in idle chit chat until it was time for the day shift to take over.

OOC: I'm ready to move on

Originally posted by AslanC
    [OOG - I am not going to move forward if people have scenes they still wish to play out. Let me know, if by tmorrow night (say midnight PST) no one has reserved time, I will move forward. ]
    OOG - Let's just finish the scene in the gym and I'll be ready to move on, but I would like to play this out first, as it might be important to R'rssar.

OOG - Okay we have one gym conversation to finish. A side note gnag, do not move time forward, as it forces me to say "Before that happens, ... " So just wrap up your conversations, but try not to then move time forward as I may have timed events. Thanks. And great stuff thus far, BTW, I am really enjoying this

And Lancer does prove me wrong...

Originally posted by Lancer
    When the Caitian finishes her exercises after one and a half hours she heads straight for the door, but halfway there R'rssar stops and turns to Alex Romero.

"Would you mind if I asked you something, Commander? It's somewhat personal, so if you don't want to answer that's quite okay."
    Alejandra slows the pace of her run on the treadmill (the equipment display reads 5.65 km if R'rssar happens to glance at it) and eventually comes to a halt, catching her breath before attempting to reply. Mopping her forehead with a sleeve and glancing around the almost completely deserted gymnasium, she nods.

"That's quite all right, Doctor. At this hour it's practically a private conversation anyway. What would you like to know?"

OOC: I'm getting to do all sorts of fun business travel over the next two weeks, so if I don't check in for extended periods of time, it's because I haven't been able to post to the forum from a company computer. I've found I can read fine, but replying, it seems to log me out as it submits, and if I log in again it can't remember my reply. I apologize in advance for slowing everyone else down.
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

As the two ladies chat in the exercise room and Captain Rostoff and Lt. McKeown talk in the obs deck, the ship comes laive with the following sound.

As the claxon blares, the communicator isn Captain Grimm's room jumps to life with Commander Worphin's voice. "Captain Grimm to the bridge!"

OOG - Well if you are spotty at best for the next two weeks, we'll see what we can do to keep it moving at a resonable pace. Unless anyone has any suggestions on how we can accomodate this situation?

As the two ladies chat in the exercise room and Captain Rostoff and Lt. McKeown talk in the obs deck, the ship comes laive with the following sound.
    OOG - Well if you are spotty at best for the next two weeks, we'll see what we can do to keep it moving at a resonable pace. Unless anyone has any suggestions on how we can accomodate this situation?
    OOG
    To bad. I was looking forward to continuing this for just two or three more posts.
    Oh well, that's what I get for signing up with Starfleet.

OOC: ...and if I log in again it can't remember my reply.
    Still OOG
    If remembering the reply is your biggest problem, why not copy it to a text file before hitting 'submit', to save it? Perhaps you could email it to your private email account, so you have it ready when you log in from your own PC.

"Trouble before we even get to our new home. Guess we should get used to this. You should probably accompany me to the bridge," says Rostoff to his SOO.

Leaving his cup behind, the new station commander heads to the bridge, mindful to stay out of the crew's way as the klaxon sounds.

Savanna tosses her uniform tunic into the corner and starts rubbing her head, the effects of the dinner wine slowly wearing off. She sits on the bed, her back against the cool metal of the bulkhead. "Not quite the same as cool morning dive." she says to no one in the room. "But it will do."

The ship comes alive with the following sound.

As the claxon blares, the communicator isn Captain Grimm's room jumps to life with Commander Worphin's voice. "Captain Grimm to the bridge!" [/B]
    Fields literally jumps from the bed at the sound of the ship-wide alert. She pulls herself to the edge of the bed and gets on her hands and knees.

"Hell of a time for a drill." she mumbles as she searches for her tunic. Seeing it, she reaches out and promptly cracks her head on the bed frame. She curses as her headache returns, with a vengenance.

OFF: And just where would her station be, as she is station ops and not ship ops?
    Lt. Savanna Fields, Deep Space Six

"That's quite all right, Doctor. At this hour it's practically a private conversation anyway. What would you like to know?"
    As the two ladies chat in the exercise room ... the ship comes laive with the following sound.
    "Seems my question wil have to wait," R'rssar remarkes to Lt.Cmdr. Romero as she turnes on her heel and races out the gym.

As R'rssar enters her quarters and starts to hastily don her uniform a single thought goes through her head. 'Well, aren't we running away from somethig, Lieutenant Commander? Lucky for you the alarm sounded just then.'

As she leaves her quarters the Caitian grabs her communicator. Heading for the next turbolift she uses it to contact her CO, not wanting to add to the Banockburn's official com traffic at a time like this.
    "R'rssar to Commander Rostoff. Sir, I just wanted to inform you that I am on my way to sickbay. Perhaps I can be of some use there."

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    As the claxon blares, the communicator isn Captain Grimm's room jumps to life with Commander Worphin's voice. "Captain Grimm to the bridge!"
    A light sleeper by necessity, Grimm quickly slides the covers aside and sits up on the edge of the bed, leaning over to tap the comm station as he stretches.

"Grimm here. What's going on, John?" he asks as he reaches for his captain's jacket.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Rostoff taps his badge, "Copy. McKeown and I are on our way to the bridge. If you see others of our crew have them report to their quarters or make themselves useful somehow."

Originally posted by GandalfOfBorg
    Rostoff taps his badge,...
    OOG: Too bad R'rssar can't hear him, as we are using the old-style flip-open communicators. OTOH, taping his badge may be some sort of personal good-luck charm for Rostoff...
    See here: http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...5&pagenumber=4 for some aspects of the technology in use in Aslan's game setting.

'Have them make themselves useful somehow,' R'rssar thought and shook her head in a gesture she had copied from her human colleagues long ago. Wondering how she should be able to decide who would be most useful in what capacity she hastened her pace even more, hoping to avoid the responsibility Rostoff had just placed on her shoulders by reaching sickbay as fast as she could.