Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Deep Star 6 - Game Thread

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    "Grimm here. What's going on, John?" he asks as he reaches for his captain's jacket.
    Worphin's voice sounds brisk like a man in the middle of soemthing that has his full attention. "Hard to explain sir. We have recieved an Mayday from Deep Star 6." You've known him long enough to get the feeling he isn't giving you the whole story.

Originally posted by Savanna Fields
    OFF: And just where would her station be, as she is station ops and not ship ops?
    OOG: As a passenger on the Bannockburn you really don't have a position. You could head to engineering and see if they need a hand there, but otherwise there is no place you are expected to be.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by AslanC
    Worphin's voice sounds brisk like a man in the middle of soemthing that has his full attention. "Hard to explain sir. We have recieved an Mayday from Deep Star 6." You've known him long enough to get the feeling he isn't giving you the whole story.
    "Right. I'm on my way," Matthew replies. Quickly donning the rest of his uniform, the captain makes his way out of his cabin and into the turbolift.

He takes a moment to gather his focus, closing his eyes and breathing deeply to clear his mind of clutter. As the lift comes to a stop, Grimm exhales and opens his eyes, striding confidently onto the bridge as the doors open.

"Status report, XO."
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by GandalfOfBorg
    "Trouble before we even get to our new home. Guess we should get used to this. You should probably accompany me to the bridge," says Rostoff to his SOO.
    McKeown looked a little more than relieved at his Commander's suggestion that he join him on the Bridge. He would not be able to endure this emergency sitting on his hands, feeling useless.

"Aye, sir," he replied soberly, already moving.

He stopped at the nearest weapons locker, to retrieve a sidearm as a precaution.

Alejandra's head snaps around as the alert klaxon goes off, and she grabs a nearby towel as she jumps off the treadmill.

Originally posted by Lancer
    "Seems my question wil have to wait," R'rssar remarkes to Lt.Cmdr. Romero as she turnes on her heel and races out the gym.
    With a sharp nod, Alejandra dashes out of the gym as well, swiftly drawing ahead of the Caitian and weaving past Bannockburn's crew as she sprints for her quarters. Ariving there, she pauses only long enough to towel off the sweat before grabbing her uniform jacket and communicator and heading toward the bridge.

As the bridge turbolift doors hiss open, Alejandra finishes the last fasteners and, more or less in uniform, steps out. Quickly noting the activity on the bridge, she discreetly takes a spot out of the way, but near the helm console.

OOC: Well, that's the first trip down. Next week, looks like the hotel has free high-speed internet, so I'll try plugging in the laptop and continuing to play along. Of course, if you don't hear from me for another week, that means it didn't work.

And don't worry Lancer, I'm sure R'rssar will get another chance with her question. Cats are patient hunters. Though the thought of a cat psychologist is somewhat disturbing...
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    "Status report, XO."
    Jon looks up as you walk onto the bridge. "Well sir, it's a helluva thing." He heads towards the science station, to show you somehting on the scanners. "We recieved a staticy and garbbled call for help from Deep Star 6 and then it went quiet. Since then we can't locate it."

Jonn looks up as he notices the bridge getting crowded but says nothing.

You (Captain Grimm) shoot him a look on the locate it, seekin confirmation of what you suspect.

"When I say locate it sir, I mean the station. It's not where it's supposed to be."

OOG Consider yourselves all to have arrived on the bridge, for those going there, by this point.

"When I say locate it sir, I mean the station. It's not where it's supposed to be."
    "What in the name of Hades?..." the captain mouths quietly as he confirms the reading himself. He shakes his head in disbelief a moment later, then turns and starts for his chair.

"John, take us to yellow alert," Grimm commands. "Mr. Everett, increase speed to warp factor 9 and calculate our new ETA."

As he takes his seat, he inclines his head toward the visiting CO. "Commander Rostoff, if I could have a couple of moments of your time?"
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Chris Landmark
    Cats are patient hunters. Though the thought of a cat psychologist is somewhat disturbing...
    OOG: You, my dear Alejandra, have no idea about the psychology of cats whatsoever, but as psychology is a specialty of Medical Sciences, you can assume R'rssar knows more about it than you do....

IG:
    R'rssar rushes into sickbay and looks around for the man or woman in charge. "Would someone please tell me what's going on?"

Without really waiting for a reply the Caitian doctor looks around to see where all the medical equipment is stored, where she can get surgical gloves, and so on.

It doesn't take her long to familiarize herself with her surroundings. At least Starfleet makes sure to label everything clearly and R'rssar very soon knows where to find what she might need in case of any emergency.

'Great maker, this better be just another unscheduled drill... I hope.'

OOG: Unless told otherwise I will assume Jacoby is in charge and that he will tell R'rssar that he doesn't know what is going on.

"By all means," Rostoff replied, joining the captain, none too happy that he's lost his charge before even arriving.

Originally posted by GandalfOfBorg
    "By all means," Rostoff replied, joining the captain, none too happy that he's lost his charge before even arriving.
    "I know you folks are itching to help out, and I'm willing to let you all do so," Grimm says. "I'll assign them to assist my department heads, and you're welcome to work with Commander Worphin and myself."
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

Fully dressed, Savanna will enter the Engineering Room and locate the chief engineer. She will introduce herself if she hadn't had the opportunity to prior today (though I'm sure she would have}. She will offer her services if needed, rather than feeling like (what's that old earth phrase) "a third nacelle".
    Lt. Savanna Fields, Deep Space Six

"Thank you, captain, I appreciate that. I'll let them know." Off to the side on the bridge, Rostoff flips open his communicator and contacts his new senior staff and tells them to report to their respective stations. With his SOO, he then waits on the side for new developments.

Once Rostoff steps aside to contact his crew, Grimm turns his attention to the science console.

"Mr. Vuson, I need you to give me scans of the area around DS6 as soon as you're in range," he says to the Vulcan science officer. "I need every piece of information you can give me before we get there. Understood?"

Once he gets confirmation from the Vulcan, Matthew angles his head toward the ops station and continues, "Mr. Remy, pull up all of the flash traffic that has anything remotely to do with Jentris Corridor, the Gorn or the Romulans. I'm especially interested in intel reports.

"Mr. Everett, do you have that ETA for me yet?"
    Last edited by Sea Tyger; 06-08-2004 at 07:46 PM.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

As you all report to various stations you find yourselves preparing for the worst case.

In sickbay Dr. Jacoby seems fine with another doctor around and assigns you your own nurse.

On the bridge stations beep and hum with scans and what have you. (OOG Note; Communications is part of Ops in UST. See the webpage for this kind of info ).

The Sciences officer looks up from his blue light scanner and says "Captain, though it would seem unlikely, Deep Star 6 is not there."

Worphin turns with a curt reply "We are aware of that Mr. Vuson."

"You misunderstand." Vuson is perfectly Vulcan in his paitience "There is no debris in the area. It has not been destroyed, it is simply not there."

Worphin turns to look at the Captain as Lt. Remy at Ops speaks. "Sir the Romulan and Gorn channels are running at normal levels, not too much traffic. I am reciving a lot of merchant cross talk though. Over 200 different transmissions at this time."

(OOG Note; Communications is part of Ops in UST. See the webpage for this kind of info ).
    OOC: Okay, where on the website are the bridge stations mentioned? I couldn't find anything that remotely looked like it.

(And, are we talking about a TNG-style ops station, where the Navigator should be in TOS?)

"You misunderstand." Vuson is perfectly Vulcan in his paitience "There is no debris in the area. It has not been destroyed, it is simply not there."

Worphin turns to look at the Captain as Lt. Remy at Ops speaks. "Sir the Romulan and Gorn channels are running at normal levels, not too much traffic. I am reciving a lot of merchant cross talk though. Over 200 different transmissions at this time."
    Matthew flashes his "this is not good" look at John, then turns to Remy. "Send this message to Starfleet Command: 'Have lost sensor contact with Deep Star 6. No debris has been detected; we are investigating. Matthew Grimm, Commanding Officer, USS Bannockburn,'" he orders, then adds. "Sift through the merchant chatter for anything that you might think is relevant.

"Mr. Vuson, continue your scans of the area; look for anything remotely anomalous," he tells the Vulcan.
    Last edited by Sea Tyger; 06-08-2004 at 07:44 PM.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz