Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Deep Star 6 - Game Thread

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    OOC: Okay, where on the website are the bridge stations mentioned? I couldn't find anything that remotely looked like it.

(And, are we talking about a TNG-style ops station, where the Navigator should be in TOS?)
    OOG: Whoops. My bad, thought I had put that up already. Guess I didn't. C'est la vie. Will try and get something up soon. And yes it is Ops beside Flight Control (who also do the navigation). Sorry for the confusion :Sheepish Grin:

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by AslanC
    OOG: Whoops. My bad, thought I had put that up already. Guess I didn't. C'est la vie. Will try and get something up soon. And yes it is Ops beside Flight Control (who also do the navigation). Sorry for the confusion :Sheepish Grin:
    OOC: *sigh* Another of my TOS memories I have to strip away for this game....

Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

"Sift through the merchant chatter for anything that you might think is relevant.
    Alejandra moves over to the Mission Ops console and picks up a comm earpiece. Leaning quietly in beside the Bannockburn crewmember there, she requests some of the merchant traffic be routed to her. She then stands quietly, head cocked to one side and eyes closed, listening.

OOC: I figure this to be a Combined Investigate test. *sound of dice rolling* Alejandra's contribution to the test is a 10.
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

Originally posted by Chris Landmark
    OOC: I figure this to be a Combined Investigate test. *sound of dice rolling* Alejandra's contribution to the test is a 10.
    OOG: You succeed in isolating comm traffic that is relevent to your situation.

IG:

While msot of the chatter is ismply that, you manage to isolate the conversation between an Orion merchant ship and a Midearan trader.

Orion: "I'm telling you Vlwas the station is gone.

Vlwas (Midearan): Gone how? Destroyed?

Orion: No. Thye stole it. I was lucky to get out of the range of their ships.

Vlwas (Laughs): You are kidding with me! How could they steal a station? It would be torn apart!

Orion: I don't know, but it looked like some kind of "tractor-net" You know? Like the ones they use in asteroid mining, only much much bigger!

Vlwas: So who were they? Romulans? Gorns?

Orion: No, not them....(static) ...could.... (squark) .... corrid .... (Hissss)....

The signal is gone.

McKeown

McKeown takes an unoccupied, out-of-the-way station, if there is one to be found. Otherwise he finds the lowest ranking, least essential officer and tries to commandeer the console with a simple, “with your permission…”

He puts an earpiece in his ear, and turns to the console to access sensors.

||Private Email coming your way, O great one.

Orion: No. They stole it. I was lucky to get out of the range of their ships.
    "Sirs," Alejandra addresses Grimm and Rostoff, "I think you might want to hear this..." She leans in over the crewman at the console to direct a replay of the conversation to the two commanding officers. As they are listening, she begins searching the computer for any records relating to the merchant Vlwas, or any other way to identify the unidentified Orion...

Total of 11 on a Computer Use (Retrieval) test.
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

Originally posted by GandalfOfBorg
    ... Off to the side on the bridge, Rostoff flips open his communicator and contacts his new senior staff and tells them to report to their respective stations. ...
    After talking this over with Dr. Jacoby, R'rssar will direct any DS6 medical personnel travelling on the Banockburn to join the ship's damage control parties and stand by for further orders.

After that the Caitian simply waits, passing the time by thinking about some organizational matters she has in mind for DS6's medical department, occasionaly taking down some notes on an electronic clipboard, blissfully unaware that there may well be no DS6 any more.

OOG: I assume the Banockburn has dedicated damage control teams, if not R'rssar orders her personnel to a staging area where they won't get in the way (e.g. the officer's mess) instead.
    Still OOG: Aslan, you told me my staff consisted of a grand total of 5 people. Are they all travelling to the station on the Banockburn?

"Sirs," Alejandra addresses Grimm and Rostoff, "I think you might want to hear this..." She leans in over the crewman at the console to direct a replay of the conversation to the two commanding officers... <snip>[/i]
    "Try to pinpoint the location of the Orion's transmission," Matthew orders as he moves back to the railing near the science station. "Mr. Vuson, as soon as you're in range to do so, start looking for warp signatures and residuals from field emissions. Maybe we can get an idea of who did this.

"Where's my ETA, Mr. Everett?"
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

... she begins searching the computer for any records relating to the merchant Vlwas, or any other way to identify the unidentified Orion...
    No information of any merchant named Vlwas (does not hold a Federation trade license) and there is no way to identify the Orion ship.

Originally posted by Lancer
    Still OOG: Aslan, you told me my staff consisted of a grand total of 5 people. Are they all travelling to the station on the Banockburn?[/I]
    Yes sir.

"Try to pinpoint the location of the Orion's transmission," Matthew orders as he moves back to the railing near the science station. "Mr. Vuson, as soon as you're in range to do so, start looking for warp signatures and residuals from field emissions. Maybe we can get an idea of who did this. "Where's my ETA, Mr. Everett?"
    With the trasmission out of commo range it is also out of sensor range. Alas the annonymous Orion trader has slipped away, but you do have a fix on Vlwas's ship. (OOG: Scanning for Warp Signatures is so very very TNG and not at all possible in UST. Arguements can be directed to the Information thread)

Everett: Coming out of Warp now sir!

The Bannockburn drops out of Warp 9 and into the space where Deep Star 6 once stood. She is not there anymore.

A number of small ships are in the system, from a variety of species and companies, all traders and all asking where the station is.

The arrival of a Starfleet ship panics a few who begin powering up for warp speed, others see you as an anuthority figure and begin bombarding you with hails for information.

The comm board lights up like a Life Festival celebration.

Sciences turns to you "Unable to locate any emissions with our limited sensors." Vuson is not one for hyperbole "Unless we achieve an unexpected windfall of new information there is no way for our limited sensors to discover the fate of Deep Star 6."
    Last edited by AslanC; 06-10-2004 at 01:03 AM.

The Nautilus drops out of Warp 9 and into the space where Deep Star 6 once stood. She is not there anymore.
    OOC: ...and where did the Bannockburn go?
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

OOC: ...and where did the Bannockburn go?
    Edited and fixed.

My bad.

Sciences turns to you "Unable to locate any emissions with our limited sensors." Vuson is not one for hyperbole "Unless we achieve an unexpected windfall of new information there is no way for our limited sensors to discover the fate of Deep Star 6."
    "Thank you, Mr. Vuson," the captain replies, his brow furrowing with deeper frustration. "Lt. Remy, hail this Vlwas character; Mr. Everett, plot and lay in an intercept course."

The captain returns to his chair and awaits contact with the merchantman.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

"Intercept the merchant sir?" says Mr. Everret.

"We have Mr. Vlwas on screen." says Lt. Remy as the screen jumps to life. On it you see a Midearan male sitting in the flight seat of a very tired looking free trader.

"Bannockburn? Federation? What do you want?" He seems a tad upset at the bother.

*OOG - To know anything about his race, make an alien cultures roll. I prefer it not be Captain Grimm, but maybe Commander Rostoff, to split up the scene a bit.

In engineering, as the crew dashs about, preparing for what no doubt will be another fast jump to warp, the Chief notices Fields.

"What are you doing in here? Other than getting in my teams' way?" He is a gruff Tellerite (are there any other kind?) and seems to have focused on you.

*OOG - If you can think of a way (through roleplaying) to engraciate yourself, now would be the time.

In sickbay it seems everyone is on pins and needles. Dr. Jacoby simply stands, his comm unit tapped into the bridge feed, listening to the conversation. His right hand flexing repeatledly.

*OOG - He seems very very nervous and on edge.

Rostoff tries to recall anything about Midearans and how best to deal with them.

Knowledge: Culture - (5+1) +10 =16
    Last edited by GandalfOfBorg; 06-14-2004 at 11:10 AM.

"Intercept the merchant sir?" says Mr. Everret.
    "If necessary, yes," the captain replies with slight annoyance.

"We have Mr. Vlwas on screen." says Lt. Remy as the screen jumps to life. On it you see a Midearan male sitting in the flight seat of a very tired looking free trader.

"Bannockburn? Federation? What do you want?" He seems a tad upset at the bother.
    OOC: Gandalf, the Tellarite is the Bannockburn's chief engineer. Mr. Vlwas is a Midearan.

IC: "Mr. Vlwas, I am Captain Matthew Grimm; we are investigating the disappearance of the station," he begins formally. "You were having a discussion with an Orion trader just a moment ago, concerning the starbase's disappearance.

"We believe that the Orion merchant may have seen part of the attack, but we were unable to get a fix on his position before we lost his comm signal," the captain explains. "Mr. Vlwas, do you know the name of the Orion vessel, and did you, perhaps, have a fix on her when you were in communication?"

OOC: Negotiate test: skill 4, roll 5+6, int 0 = 15
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz