Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Deep Star 6 Game Thread

Originally posted by RaconteurX
    OOC: First Aid test to determine extent of injuries = 4 roll + 5 roll - 2 unskilled + 1 INT + 2 edge = 10
    No major injuries at all, just seems to be out. As you handle him he starts to wake up.

OOC: Investigate test to find first aid kit = 6 roll + 4 roll + 5 skill + 2 PER + 2 edge + 1 Conceal affinity + 3 Observe affinity = 23 [/B]
    Nothing to be found and none of it is working.

Note: Try not to post in past tense, since everyone else does present or future. Past seems rather final to me.

Originally posted by AslanC
    No major injuries at all, just seems to be out. As you handle him he starts to wake up.
    "Good to see you recovering, Commander. We appear to be trapped in a cargo unit somewhere down 'B' Corridor. The comm unit and door activator are both without power or have been disabled by outside parties. Life support may be shut down, or has been altered to best suit a different species. I was preparing to bypass the door mechanism manually, although it will be difficult without tools."

Note: Try not to post in past tense, since everyone else does present or future.
    OCC: Duly noted.
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 07-14-2004 at 03:02 PM.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Kuhns grabs his head as he begins to sit up. He opens his eyes to find that another officer is kneeling above him.

"Good to see you recovering, Commander. We appear to be trapped in a cargo unit somewhere down 'B' Corridor. The comm unit and door activator are both without power or have been disabled by outside parties. Life support may be shut down, or has been altered to best suit a different species. I was preparing to bypass the door mechanism manually, although it will be difficult without tools."
    He begins to speak in the brash manner that often accompanied him when he had a headache.

"What the hell happened? Oh yes, well I suppose we will have to find a way out of here. What's in this storage unit? Anything that we can use to force the doors open?"

Kuhns gets to his knees and looks(or feels) for something that can pry the doors open. He realizes the warm temperature and decides to take off the outer jacket.(assuming there is a colored shirt underneath)

Investigate: 5+4+2-2=9
    Last edited by Lt Cmdr Matt; 07-14-2004 at 03:54 PM.

Originally posted by Lt Cmdr Matt "What the hell happened? Oh yes, well I suppose we will have to find a way out of here. What's in this storage unit? Anything that we can use to force the doors open?"
    "Several ships of unknown configuration warped into station space, attempted to jam our communications, then deployed some form of energy field which knocked out station systems and, presumably, us as well. I was able to send out a distress signal before everything went down, however. The cargo unit is empty save for us, unfortunately. I searched it earlier. Our uniform insignia could serve as crude screwdrivers, but I have found no other potentially useful items. If the door proves impossible to open, there are always the ventilation ducts."
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

Originally posted by RaconteurX
    "Several ships of unknown configuration warped into station space, attempted to jam our communications, then deployed some form of energy field which knocked out station systems and, presumably, us as well. I was able to send out a distress signal before everything went down, however. The cargo unit is empty save for us, unfortunately. I searched it earlier. Our uniform insignia could serve as crude screwdrivers, but I have found no other potentially useful items. If the door proves impossible to open, there are always the ventilation ducts."
    OOC: Cancel the investigation test.

"Well I suggest you and I start getting through the ventilation ducts. I suppose you should go first since you know your way around here better than I do. We need to get power offline at the station. I see it being way too difficult to fight these people with internal sensors. at their disposal or we need to lockout Ops and route command functions somewhere that would be low priority to the invaders."
    Last edited by Lt Cmdr Matt; 07-14-2004 at 06:19 PM.

"Always best to go into this kind of situation with a plan. Our first objective is to escape. Our second is to access the station computer so we can restore power, life support, communications and command functions or at least determine where both the enemy and any remaining crew are located. Failing that, a tricorder will allow to locate either but at shorter range. Our third objective should be to secure the release of the crew, if any can be found. We're more likely to succeed the more hands we can put to the task. Our fourth objective should be securing arms for whatever crew we can liberate, in the event the station must be retaken by force. Do you agree, sir?"

On Deep Star 6 In Game Thread

OOG: This thread is where those who are on DS6 right now (and eventually maybe all of you ) will post, so to keep things seperate. The Bannonckburn posts can remain on the In Game thread for now, but eventuall everything will harmonize down to one thread (I hope).

Matt and Raconteur please move your role-playing to...

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...threadid=10737

Thanks

"Always best to go into this kind of situation with a plan. Our first objective is to escape. Our second is to access the station computer so we can restore power, life support, communications and command functions or at least determine where both the enemy and any remaining crew are located. Failing that, a tricorder will allow to locate either but at shorter range. Our third objective should be to secure the release of the crew, if any can be found. We're more likely to succeed the more hands we can put to the task. Our fourth objective should be securing arms for whatever crew we can liberate, in the event the station must be retaken by force. Do you agree, sir?"
    "Yes I agree. We need to get moving though before our captors get any ideas about interrogation. "

"Let's try bypassing the door circuit first."

OOC: extended Systems Engineering test to engage manual door override and deactivate alarm =
    [list=1][*] 4 roll + 6 roll + 4 skill + 2 specialty + 2 edge + 1 Intellect = 19;[*] 1 roll + 3 roll + 4 skill + 2 specialty + 2 edge + 1 Intellect + 1 Meticulous = 14 + 19 = 33;[*] 4 roll + 3 roll + 4 skill + 2 specialty + 2 edge + 1 Intellect + 2 Meticulous = 18 + 33 = 51;[*] 1 roll + 6 roll + 4 skill + 2 specialty + 2 edge + 1 Intellect + 3 Meticulous = 19 + 52 = 71.[*] 5 roll + 2 roll + 4 skill + 2 specialty + 2 edge + 1 Intellect + 4 Meticulous = 20 + 71 = 91;[*] 3 roll + 3 roll + 4 skill + 2 specialty + 2 edge + 1 Intellect + 5 Meticulous = 20 + 91 = 111;[/list=1]
    Let me know whether I finish sometime within the above cycle of rounds or whether the test requires more time.

You manage to get the door open. As it slides (with some effort from the both of you) you can see that the station is on minimal power.

Lights flicker and spark as you look down the corridors.

From the left you can hear nothing but the hum of the station, from the right you hear the same.

The turbolift is to the right. The emergency ladders are to the left.

Which way do you go?

"The turbolift may not be functioning with the station on minimal power. Also, an enemy in control of Operations could re-route any turbolift to whatever destination they chose and potentially trap us. The emergency ladders are the better option, as they should allow us to move about with less chance of detection. I suggest we make our way to Security first, so we can determine where any enemy or crew may be located and arm ourselves if necessary. From there, we can attempt to liberate any crew we find or move directly to Operations. If nothing else, we can try to bypass Operations entirely and work from the computer core."
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 07-22-2004 at 07:41 AM.

"I agree, proceed wit hthe emergency ladders. We'll go with your plan for now."

Deke nods and pauses to scrutinize the corridor one last time. Old habits kick in, and he finds himself calculating the distance to the ladders, the time needed to cross the intervening space, and noting points along the way which could provide cover or conceal hidden foes.

OOC: will invoke Deke's Reconnaissance professional ability. Observe test to assess the corridor "terrain" = 5 roll + 2 roll + 5 skill + 2 specialty + 1 INT + 2 edge + 3 affinities = 20 (vs. TN 10).

It is a clear run down the hall and around the corner to the ladders. The halls are wide and empty.

The flashing lights gives a very disturbing feeling, causing you to jump at shadows every now and then.

You both make it to the ladders unscathed.