Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Deep Star 6 - Game Thread

Originally posted by AslanC
    In sickbay it seems everyone is on pins and needles. Dr. Jacoby simply stands, his comm unit tapped into the bridge feed, listening to the conversation. His right hand flexing repeatledly.

*OOG - He seems very very nervous and on edge.
    Now aware of the situation R'rssar puts down the electronic clipboard and sits straight and motionless in her cair, dividing her attention between the conversation on the bridge and Doctor Jacoby's reaction to the unfolding events.

'What makes him so nervous?' R'rssar silently wonders. 'It's an extraordinary situation, but he must be used to it, at least to some extend.' The Caitian's mind touches her memories of the Genesis War - the subspace messages of battles unfolding, the waiting for the wounded to start coming in, the sudden change between the waiting and struggling for someone's life - but only briefly.

'Perhaps I should just ask him what's wrong,' she thinks, but after a quick glance around sickbay she decides against it. 'Too many people around. No use in pointing out Jacoby's anxiety, if they haven't noticed it by now.'

OOG: I'll try a Medical Science(Psychology) check to figure out what makes Jacoby so nervous.
    Roll=8, +1 for academic test, plus skill & attribute mod = 21
    (TN should be +2 for different species)

In engineering, as the crew dashs about, preparing for what no doubt will be another fast jump to warp, the Chief notices Fields.

"What are you doing in here? Other than getting in my teams' way?" He is a gruff Tellerite (are there any other kind?) and seems to have focused on you.

*OOG - If you can think of a way (through roleplaying) to engraciate yourself, now would be the time.
    "Sorry, sir. Just here to offer my services. Wasn't sure of the emergency. Thought I would volunteer for any DC parties, if there were any."

Unless he has something to suggest, Savanna will return to her quarters to wait for further instructions from her CO.

*OOG - She has no specific diplomatic skills, so she's expecting him to shrugg her off. *
    Lt. Savanna Fields, Deep Space Six

Originally posted by GandalfOfBorg
    Rostoff tries to recall anything about Midearans and how best to deal with them.
    Midearans are a confrontational people who are very touchy about their space and property. Freedom is a big thing for them, so much so that their government is almost an anarchy. They never sign trade agreements and refuse to pay tariffs or taxes. Their society is based on each member staking out his claim and defending it.

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    "If necessary, yes," the captain replies with slight annoyance.

"Mr. Vlwas, I am Captain Matthew Grimm; we are investigating the disappearance of the station," he begins formally. "You were having a discussion with an Orion trader just a moment ago, concerning the starbase's disappearance.

"We believe that the Orion merchant may have seen part of the attack, but we were unable to get a fix on his position before we lost his comm signal," the captain explains. "Mr. Vlwas, do you know the name of the Orion vessel, and did you, perhaps, have a fix on her when you were in communication?"
    Vlwas snorts at you. "Why should I give a Feddie any information on a free trader? And why are you listening in on my private conversations?" He narrows his dark eyes. "You spying on me Feddie?"

Originally posted by Lancer

OOG: I'll try a Medical Science(Psychology) check to figure out what makes Jacoby so nervous.
    Roll=8, +1 for academic test, plus skill & attribute mod = 21
    (TN should be +2 for different species)
    Your best guess is that he is expecting a fight and that he is feeling anixety about the situation. He is well within limits of effectivness and there are no red flags going up.

Originally posted by Savanna Fields
    "Sorry, sir. Just here to offer my services. Wasn't sure of the emergency. Thought I would volunteer for any DC parties, if there were any."

Unless he has something to suggest, Savanna will return to her quarters to wait for further instructions from her CO.

*OOG - She has no specific diplomatic skills, so she's expecting him to shrugg her off. *
    "Ha, Humans. No sticking power!" His comment is loud enough everyone can hear him. "Is that what they teach you at the Academny these days? Give up when confronted and turn tail and run?" He laughs a bit, but only a few other engineering staff chuckle, most have a look on their face that suggests sympathy for what you are dealing with.

"Monitor Station 12, and stay out from underfoot!"

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Vlwas snorts at you. "Why should I give a Feddie any information on a free trader? And why are you listening in on my private conversations?" He narrows his dark eyes. "You spying on me Feddie?"
    "I wouldn't dream of it, Mr. Vlwas," Matthew replies, hiding a quick flash of frustration. Had this not been such a dire situation, the Midearan's response would have been humorous. "A Federation station has gone missing, as you were discussing across open channels. We're trying to find out what happened to it.

"Your Orion colleague apparently saw at least part of the event, and the final portion of his transmission indicates that he may be in grave danger," the captain explains, mustering up as much charm and diplomatic skill as a soldier can. "Any information you can give us will be a great help, and we certainly won't bother you any more if we don't need to."

OOC: Charm, diplomacy, charm, charm...

OOC: Negotiate test: skill 4, roll 2+6, int 0 = 12
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Rostoff whispers quietly to the captain, "I would suggest a firm hand with him, captain. These people are essentially anarchists and won't give up what they have without need or a very good reason."

McKeown

McKeown breaks in, having spent the past few minutes hunched over the controls.

"Sirs, I am picking up something on the long-range scanners, moving at," he paused to check the reading, "warp six, down the Jentris Corridor.

He paused, seeming to check his own crediblility at the implausibility of what he was about to say.

Sighing, he continued, "Size and mass are consistent with DS6. It could be the station, which would corroborate the Orion's story."
    Last edited by Age of Toast; 06-18-2004 at 07:21 PM.

Your best guess is that he is expecting a fight and that he is feeling anixety about the situation. He is well within limits of effectivness and there are no red flags going up.
    R'rssar slowly raises from her chair and walks over to Doctor Jacoby. She places a paw on his arm and steers him towards the rear of sickbay, prepared to gently (or not so gently) push the Human, should he resist.

"Relax, Doctor," the Caitian whispers in Jacoby's ear, when she is certain they are well beyond human hearing range from everyone else. "I now how hard the wait before the storm can be, but this is the place we both chose to be in. We both know this situation." R'rssar wills her tail down from it's straight unmoving position and mentaly forces it to steadily swing left and right and back again, the same way a human might force a smile on her lips.

"Your staff is looking to you for guidance and leadership. If you seem anxious to me, what do you think your own crew will think? I have faith in your captain Grimm. Perhaps we should ensure everyone else here does so too?"

[OOG: I bet Jacoby knows what he's doing, he wouldn't have made ship's CMO otherwise. But R'rssar is really concerned that any apparent nervousness on his part may affect his staff. If Jacoby is as experienced as I hope he is he should be able to work this out before he replies. ]

Originally posted by AslanC "Ha, Humans. No sticking power!" His comment is loud enough everyone can hear him. "Is that what they teach you at the Academny these days? Give up when confronted and turn tail and run?" He laughs a bit, but only a few other engineering staff chuckle, most have a look on their face that suggests sympathy for what you are dealing with.

"Monitor Station 12, and stay out from underfoot!"
    All expression of friendship drops from Savanna's face. She stares at the Tellerite. "Fine. I offer to assist a fellow Engineer and all I get is tossed to aside and a simple station to monitor. Perhaps the Captain can use my services better at the Engineering station on the bridge."

Savanna will turn and head for the doorway and the nearest turbolift at a slow pace, waiting to hear if the Tellerite has a response.

OOC:
    1. My first post seems to be missing, so I try again.
    2. What is Station 12, and
    3. What rank is the Bannockburn's Chief Engineer anyway? You never mentioned his rank or name.

Originally posted by Lancer
    [OOG: I bet Jacoby knows what he's doing, he wouldn't have made ship's CMO otherwise. But R'rssar is really concerned that any apparent nervousness on his part may affect his staff. If Jacoby is as experienced as I hope he is he should be able to work this out before he replies. ]
    He stares at you with a look you can't quite make out, but it isn't friendly. "My dear Doctor," he begins quietly, "Do you have any idea how much this crew and I have been through? The battles? The carnage? The deaths? We fought the war together. They know me and I know them. Johnson over there has a weak stomach and seeing blood and bone makes him naseous, so I keep him away from trauma if I can and put him on medicines. Kliko keeps its' head no matter how bad things get, so it acts as my primary nurse in any confrontation."

He takes a deep breath.

"I know you are only trying to help. I know you are only suggesting what you do based on what you see." He smiles. "Understand that this machine was working well together before you came onto this ship and will do so again, long after you are gone. No if you don't mind I have to prepare myself mentally, so that when the crisis hits MY crew knows that I will be in charge."

Originally posted by Savanna Fields
    OOC:
    1. My first post seems to be missing, so I try again.
    2. What is Station 12, and
    3. What rank is the Bannockburn's Chief Engineer anyway? You never mentioned his rank or name.
    1] I have no idea.
    2] Antimatter Flow Regulators.
    3] Lt. Cmdr. Tresper

All expression of friendship drops from Savanna's face. She stares at the Tellerite. "Fine. I offer to assist a fellow Engineer and all I get is tossed to aside and a simple station to monitor. Perhaps the Captain can use my services better at the Engineering station on the bridge."

Savanna will turn and head for the doorway and the nearest turbolift at a slow pace, waiting to hear if the Tellerite has a response.
    "LIEUTENANT!" His below drowns out the background noise of engine room. "I DO NOT RECALL GIVING YOU PERSMISSION TO LEAVE!" The crew you can see (since you are not facing him) start to look even more busy, so as to stay off the radar.

"LIEUTENANT!" His bellow drowns out the background noise of engine room. "I DO NOT RECALL GIVING YOU PERMISSION TO LEAVE!" The crew you can see (since you are not facing him) start to look even more busy, so as to stay off the radar.
    <Since I wasn't aware she is a rank below the Chief, she probably wound not have confronted him like that. But since I posted it, my bad.>

Holding back any emotion, she turns toward the panel without looking at him. "Sir, yes sir." Savanna moves over to Station 12 and begins monitoring the panel.

---------------- Dice Roll ----------------
    System Operation
    2d6 rolled
    Dice results:
    d6 = 3
    d6 = 6
    +2 (skill) + 2 (Int) = 13

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    "I wouldn't dream of it, Mr. Vlwas," Matthew replies, hiding a quick flash of frustration. Had this not been such a dire situation, the Midearan's response would have been humorous. "A Federation station has gone missing, as you were discussing across open channels. We're trying to find out what happened to it.

"Your Orion colleague apparently saw at least part of the event, and the final portion of his transmission indicates that he may be in grave danger," the captain explains, mustering up as much charm and diplomatic skill as a soldier can. "Any information you can give us will be a great help, and we certainly won't bother you any more if we don't need to."

OOC: Charm, diplomacy, charm, charm...

OOC: Negotiate test: skill 4, roll 2+6, int 0 = 12
    OOC: Aslan --

I was hoping that you would respond to this before I reacted to McKeowan's statements. Unless you want to say that McKeowan's announcement comes before the Midearan has a chance to respond to Grimm's overtures.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

OOC: I was hoping that you would respond to this before I reacted to McKeowan's statements. Unless you want to say that McKeowan's announcement comes before the Midearan has a chance to respond to Grimm's overtures.
    Whatever's clever man. If that works for you, I am happy.

I am still waiting for a couple of players to say some stuff before I answer your last post. (Give it a day or two... We have been setting a pretty fast pace thus far )

Care to explain why in a PM, just so I know what you are planning, so I can prepare appropriately.

Everyone: Feel free to PM me with questions, ideas for angles, etc..

Or even e-mail me.

aslan_collas@yahoo.com

ooc:

Everyone: Feel free to PM me with questions, ideas for angles, etc..

Or even e-mail me.

aslan_collas@yahoo.com

Yeah, 'cause I never do that!

I am still waiting for a couple of players to say some stuff before I answer your last post. (Give it a day or two... We have been setting a pretty fast pace thus far )
    This is fast?
    Interesting. I've been tempted to apologize for taking so long between my posts.