Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: d20 Star Fleet Adventures

d20 Star Fleet Adventures

Hey guys, not sure where to put this.. but a little explanation.

A goodling number of d20 fans have been wanting a version of Trek for d20. To that end, a friend of mine was starting to cull together a d20 version of the franchise, and asked me to 'throw together' a cover for it.

Well, I did, and promptly found out that he was ditching the project. He didn't say why...

Of course, the cover alone violates a ton of copyrights and trademarks, I'm sure, and it was something I was a bit concerned with. But, here's what I threw together for him anyway.

As for the d20 conversions, Ive asked for them to see what could be salvagable for SA or maybe a more 'generic' setting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would like to see what you friend has come up with, I have Star Wars D20 but still prefer Star Trek I have almost all of the LUG Books and can't afford to update to deciphers new stuff yet.
    You don't have to like it, you just have to do it .
    Richard Marcinko

That cover is not bad at all, actually I like it a lot.

About the only thing I would like to suggest would be to make the "Role Playing..." text a little smaller and move it further down, e.g. so it sits right on top of the "image line" running across the cover. OTOH, that's just me.

And yes, that aside I too would be quite interested in seeing what d20 ST stuff your friend had come up with so far.

Thanks guys. I think I was more unhappy with the title logo. (I was going for a look like the current printing of the Tech Manual, but didn't swing it, so maybe I'm being hard on myself)

As for the d20 stuff, I asked for it. When he gets back from holiday (visiting family in New York for Fleet Week), hopefully he'll send me what he's got.

I may take up the project for poops and giggles, though. I'm not sure how much trouble a fan work like this could create, however... some properties I'm a bit afraid of pursuing. :S

That would be cool, how he gets back soon
    Richard Marcinko

I think he mentioned in another thread that he was never coming back.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Pique of anger brought up by the flame fest... etc.. but I should support what I've already thrown out.

I revised the cover a little bit, based on some suggestions here. I still haven't heard anything back on his inside material yet, but I'll probably start putting together my own sometime.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like it but would the rules cover only TOS era?
    Richard Marcinko

Honestly, I don't know. If I'm putting this together ('m giving him a few more days), I'll focus heavily on Pike and Kirk's time because that's were most of the adventuring really seems to come into play. I think he had the same idea as well, though he was a big Voyager fan too.

I think that most of the rules would remain the same as you go up in ages, though. The tech goods improve, and you get more races, naturally, but I don't see why the rules themselves would be modified much.

Thanks for the larger cover pic. I love it. I would love to see some of the conversion notes and compare them against my own. Thanks!
    Tale of the Twin Suns Yahoo Group

"I'll swallow your soul," Deadite qoute
    "Only if I don't kill you with my +4 Keen Chain Saw first!" - Me

I would like to see any ones notes on this, I was thinking Stargates templates would work for this.
    Richard Marcinko

You still working on this, I just got back from sea and london .
    Richard Marcinko

Richard Marcinko

Eeeeew! Crap, crap, crap, and not simply because it's D20, but because it bears little resemblance to Star Trek. Bajorans are frail? Vessels can transport people based on their size and not on the number of transporters they have? Telepathic range is according to the Wisdom stat? Cardassian have -2 Intelligence?

I won't get into the whole "should it be done" issue - that's obviously a matter of taste, but if it's going to be done, don't twist the source material all out of whack to fit the system. This is the sort of stuff I would expect to see in a Judge's Guild supplement from the bad old days...

Nothing new I found some yahoo groups that have done some work on this, I'd still like to see what you have.
    Richard Marcinko