2 5.71%

7 20.00%

7 20.00%

15 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ST Enterprise: Rate "Zero Hour"

ST Enterprise: Rate "Zero Hour" [SPOILERS]

Oh. My. God.

THAT WAS SUCH A FREAKING GOOD ENDING!!!!

Damn paramount! They're making us wait until the fall to find out what's going to happen!!!

(Edit: I put spoilers in the thread title, read at your own risk)
    Last edited by Rayaru; 05-26-2004 at 08:43 PM.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    The episode was incredible, even if the ending had me going "What tha heck?"
    I wonder how they're gonna work out this temporal kink?
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

Cool

That was soooo cool!

It's apparent, however, that the TCW is not yet over.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Excuse me? What in the name of Zeus' BUNGHOLE was all that about?!

I was NOT happy with the end... not at all.

'course the rest of the episode was good.

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

POSSIBLE SPOILER READ AT YOUR OWN RISK......
    Okay, when Enterprise docked with Degra's ship and Archer didn't come off, I'm like, "What the hell?!? How in the name of God are they going to undo this mess???" My mind started coming up with all kinds of weird things, but that ending defied all prediction. Holy crap.

But then again I think that's the reaction they were looking for. So well done Paramount. Can't wait for next season.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

OMG, what a twist, never saw it coming

Good job

". . . His only guide on this journey is Crewman Daniels, a traveler from the future that only Archer can see and hear. . . Trapped in the past, Captain Archer finds himself having to put right what once went wrong. . . ."

"The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

i gave it a nine. I really enjoyed it until the end. The time travel/alternate universe at the end down graded it to a nine.
    Garet

I'm with Mac, WTF is with the ending *sigh*. Episode was quite good till they ended it.

Exclamation Strange things are a foot...

It was darn good episode. Nice to see Bob Rivers, a local DJ, in the episode.

What's strange about the ending, just last Sunday I ran a ST adventure with the crew stuck in WW2.
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!

Fifteen minutes of typing a rant and my log-in times out!!!!?!

Don't have the patience to retype it. (I don't type that fast.)

Basically, I'm disappointed by this ep. Was it just derivative (paying homage to sci-fi of the last 30 years) or simply redundant (lack of a creative spark in the dieing embers of the Trek franchise).

Two quick examples:

Reptiles eating mice: no advance to story or series....didn't that happen in V?

Fight on the Deathstar , ooops the Weapon: I kept waiting for the lightsabers to come out.
    Then when the positions were reversed: I expected Archer to kick the Reptile in the head while timing his words, "I...have...had...enough...of...you". Bakula might have trouble with a Shatner like pacing.

I'm not even going to start on the cliche of time or interdimensional travel or the Nazis. Alien Nazis? Yawn! Anyone not know where this one is going?

The whole season has been baby steps. To extend the analogy, the baby stumbled. There isn't enough there to move Enterprise from the tape and watch if you can find the time to the must see TV it used to be.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those
    who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    Dante Alighieri

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
    Sandra

"Michael Moore is reminiscent of a heavy-handed Leni Riefenstahl, who glorified Nazism in the 1930s." Peter Worthington, Toronto Sun.

Originally posted by Kaiddin
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!

....Alien Nazis? Yawn! Anyone not know where this one is going?

Romulan-Reman involvement in the TCW?
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Like it or not, this show is about time travel, so I feel the ending was appropriate.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

This is my first, and so far only, 10 I gave an ENT episode. It was really that good. I've seen many exciting cliffhangers on Star Trek, but this one has got to be one of the best. What happened to Earth? Did history change? Did they somehow go back in time? Who is that strange alien in a Nazi officer uniform? I can't possible wait all summer for the answers to these questions!

Originally posted by Rayaru
    Like it or not, this show is about time travel, so I feel the ending was appropriate.
    Ah, noooo! The show is about the adventures of the crew of the Enterprise. The writers have simpling used the well worn sci-fi subject, and decided to see if they can flog it around the block one more time. And are failing at it. I liked this last season because there was no reference, no big one anyway, to the TCW.