Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enterpriser Season ending

Enterpriser Season ending

What the F$%^ing H^&L!

I mean I like Alternative history but what was that! especially considering it had been a really good episode.
    Draftsmen in Training

My jaw fell to the floor. Wow.

Next season is going to be interesting.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Cool

That was one hell of a slam-bang ending, but what the golly-gosh-darn happened???

OTOH, P-51's firing on the shuttlepod was pretty cool!
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Re: Enterpriser Season ending

Originally posted by Eric R.
    What the F$%^ing H^&L!

That's pretty much what I thought.

My question is: if the time is what it appears to be, how did Tucker and Mayweather get so close to SF Bay and not be able to see the difference in the city?

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    Who said it's the 1940's, maybe something held us back technologically and it's 2152, maybe an alien invasion?
    I think the script writers have been visiting the evil game masters' support group, because..... this was truly evil......
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

ALIEN NAZIS?!?!? WWII!?!?!

LOOSEY, YOU GOT A LOT OF SPLAININ TO DO!

WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

You took the words out of my mouth...

Was that a Reman????
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

What the F$%^ing H^&L!

I mean I like Alternative history but what was that! especially considering it had been a really good episode.
    I think a lot fans thought that when the producers said the Xindi story line was ending that the Temporal Cold War storyline was also ending as if the two were integral to one another. Obviously, they weren't. And clearly, the TCW storyline has only just begun. . . . Oh, boy!

". . . His only guide on this journey is Crewman Daniels, a traveler from the future that only Archer can see and hear. . . Trapped in the past, Captain Archer finds himself having to put right what once went wrong. . . ."

"The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Originally posted by Space_Cadet
    You took the words out of my mouth...

Was that a Reman????
    i think it was

or maby they started reuseing aliens like they reuseing ships
    Worf: OW! That does it -- ram the cube.
    Ensign: Wait, here comes the Enterprise!
    Worf: Oo, even better. Ram that instead.
    Ensign: Sir?
    Worf: I don't like Riker much

What the F$%^ing H^&L!

Haven't seen it yet, won't until Sunday in my area. Uhm, is the above a good reaction (ie a result a mess with head type ending) or a bad reaction (like Poison Ivy?)

I missed the episode because I was flying to Fort Polk, Louisiana to toss more paratroopers out the assend of the ol' Herkypig. When I realized I had forgotten to set my VCR to tape it, I just shrugged. After all, it's only ENT, nothing worth getting excited about, right? OTOH, now that Cmdr Powers has mentioned P-51s, maybe this will be an interesting show. Classic warbirds always make stories better. Guess I'll have to catch the rerun Sunday night.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Originally posted by Antonsb214
    Who said it's the 1940's, maybe something held us back technologically and it's 2152, maybe an alien invasion?
    I think the script writers have been visiting the evil game masters' support group, because..... this was truly evil......
    I'm sorry, but even though they may try to pawn this off as an alternate 2154 (can't believe they quoted the wrong year), I have to believe otherwise. How could technology (not just the planes - that field hospital looked about the same era) be so completely retarded that it looks exactly the same after 2 centuries? Even so, any mass alien invasion in the recent past should have left some traces that could be seen from orbit, and my original question about changes in San Francisco is still valid.

They're not in the 22nd century anymore, and if they try to say different without a damned good explanation, I will lose any respect for the show that it gained this season.

Cool

Originally posted by Sarge
    I missed the episode because I was flying to Fort Polk, Louisiana to toss more paratroopers out the assend of the ol' Herkypig. When I realized I had forgotten to set my VCR to tape it, I just shrugged. After all, it's only ENT, nothing worth getting excited about, right? OTOH, now that Cmdr Powers has mentioned P-51s, maybe this will be an interesting show. Classic warbirds always make stories better. Guess I'll have to catch the rerun Sunday night.
    Ah, was that you up in that C-130 the other day? Thought there was something odd about it

The Mustangs don't appear until the very end of the story. This is part of that enigmatic ending you're reading about here. The scene has the shuttlepod headed down to San Francisco to find out why Starfleet isn't responding on any frequencies. They see the Golden Gate, etc., below them and suddenly "Pank, Pank, Pank," sounds come from something hitting the hull. Draw back to see North American Aviation P-51D Mustangs (in USAAF WWII livery) firing at the shuttlepod in a head-on pass. WTF?

I refuse to reveal anything other than this scene, Sarge. Try to catch the Sunday repeat if you can. A very strange ending for the Xindi arc.
    Last edited by Cmdr Powers; 05-27-2004 at 10:30 AM.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

P-51D's was too cool. This makes for a good series finale. What I thought was a high point. Andorians, Andorians, Andorians.

You da'Adnorian Shran!

Go Blue Skin!
    Last edited by Capt. Anderson; 05-27-2004 at 12:07 PM.
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain

Yeah, the Andorians kicked ass!!! Shran was a badass!!!

About the Reman, I think it would be a perfect fit cause then you can tie in the Romulan involvment in the TCW. Finally, the TCW kicks into full gear.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!