Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate Enterprise season 3 (this time for real) ;)

Rate Enterprise season 3 (this time for real) ;)

We had polls for any single episode of Enterprise season 3 (AFAIR), let's now see what the general feeling is about the direction this show is taking.

While this could have just as well been a poll, I don't trust statistics too much and a poll could tempt people to just vote, instead of voicing their opinion, so let's just talk about the whole season instead.

Despite my remarks in the "Braga leaving Trek" thread I enjoyed season 3 quite a bit. Not so much for any specific plots or episodes, but simply because I found this season quite entertaining and entertainment is what I expect when I sit down to watch any TV show.

While I think the writers missed a few good opportunities by making T'pol's emotions the result of an addiction, the continuing plotline of the latest season is something I like and most of the actors did a good job IMO.

What do you all think about it?
    Last edited by Lancer; 05-30-2004 at 11:40 AM.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Umm...there's no poll.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Umm...there's no poll.
    I have edited the initial post by now. That should answer the question about a poll.
    Polls are all good and well, but there is something a regular thread can do better, i.e. stimulate discussions, at least IMHO.

I am completing a statistical compilation of this past year's polls and I will have that online tomorrow. Going to give Sunday viewers a chance to get their votes in.

If you want to see it beforehand:
    http://missioncontrol.modelrocketclu...e_Season_3.xls
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

I would summarize my feelings this way: started off slow, and in some cases silly (a western town?). Then it started to pick up speed, and it ended with a few weeks of truly solid stories.

"Northstar"'s premise was no more silly than TOS "Spectre of The Gun," its execution definitely less so, and had a better plot.

As for Season 3 overall, I agree: Started off either slow or average but picked up momentum; I'd rate the last 6 or so episodes of Season 3 to be top-notch! Can't wait to watch the season-ender again tonight!
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Originally posted by Ezri's Toy
    "Northstar"'s premise was no more silly than TOS "Spectre of The Gun," its execution definitely less so, and had a better plot.
    We will have to agree to disagree on this point. While "Spectre of the Gun" was by no means the high point of TOS, it had an interesting premise (essentially, virtual reality -- well before that term was commonplace).

Northstar wasn't a bad episode at all, but it seemed jarringly out of place given the dangerous conditions we'd been told were extant within the Expanse.

Y'know, I just thought of something: With Crewman Daniels' meddlilng in time, and Archer's refusal to follow his advice, this might be the very thing that causes the Earth - Romulan War. . . .
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I was highly entertained by this season. It's certainly the best of the series, and I have to say that none of Voyager's seasons were as solid, top to bottom.

I'll reiterate an earlier statement I made; this is the best season of Trek since Season 7 of DS9. I'd say it probably beats a couple of TNG's seasons as far as overall quality.

I can definitely say I'm looking forward to next season. And, yeah, that alien certainly looked like a Reman, didn't it?
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Definately the best season so far for Enterprise. It seemed to build up steam over the length of the story arc to a point where I wouldn't want to miss a single episode.

It wasn't inspired television but it was entertaining, and it was lightyears more interesting than the previous two seasons, which (as everyone knows) I had serious issues with.

Can't wait to see what happens in season 4...
    I love deadlines - I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by
    - The late Douglas Adams

It was a good season, if a little uneven. I did go to the effort to record the episodes to make sure I didn't miss anything, so that's saying something. The season ender has my attention, and I'm looking forward to next year.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    And, yeah, that alien certainly looked like a Reman, didn't it?
    I'm not so sure about that.

Reman from Nemesis

Alien from Zero Hour

Overall I thought Season 3 was the best of the 3 ENT seasons. I think the Earth-Xindi conflict gave the crew more of a purpose than the previous 2 seasons which had them going from one planet to the next. I think that worked well for TOS and even TNG, but nowadays I think most viewers would like to see an over-arching story with interlude episodes. I anxiously anticipate Season 4 to find out what's going on; something I did not feel at the end of Seasons 1 and 2.

However, I still rate ENT last in comparison to all other Star Trek series. While the stories are getting better, I still don't find them to be same quality as TNG, DS9 and VOY. While ENT is good sci-fi, I still have difficulty treating it as Star Trek, although I acknowledge that it is officially Star Trek.

Originally posted by Ergi
    Alien from Zero Hour
    (Link to the pic to avoid taking too much space)
    Hey, this looks like Davros !

(sorry for the off topic but I couldn't resist )
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Originally posted by C5
    Hey, this looks like Davros !
    Thaaaaat's why he's so familiar! He *does* look like the prototypical Kaled mad scientist!

All together now: Ex-ter-min-ate! Ex-ter-min-ate!