Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enterprise Movie?

Enterprise Movie?

Just found that on a German trek webpage. Maybe you find this interesting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408305/
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

I know Berman said there was work on a Prequel movie, but I find it fascinating that the Ent crew is billed.

How reliable is IMDB in predicting these things?
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

IMDB is not very reliable but then again i would like to see the ENT crew in films. By the way, i noticed danny elfman is going to score
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Notice the disclaimer? <em>Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change or could be removed completely.</em>

It lets them put things up early, so as to avoid being scooped, and gives them an out to avoid having to eat their words should things change or the project not materialize.

That said, they generally don't make things up out of whole cloth. If they put this up, then someone close to the industry has at least floated the rumor. How much confidence can you have in that? Who knows?

*hopes they don't hire a no namer like Braid Stuart*

Originally posted by Space_Cadet
    *hopes they don't hire a no namer like Braid Stuart*
    Do you mean Stuart Baird who direct Nemesis?

Stuart Baird who has such movies to his name as Executive Decision, US Marshals, Tomb Raider, Die Hard 2, Mission Impossible 2, Monster's Ball, Tango & Cash, Scrooged, Superman, Lethal Weapon, Lethal Weapon 2, The Last Boy Scout, Radio Flyer, Demolition Man, et al.

Yes...who is he...

If you don't mean him then....nevermind.

Edit: Spelling Fix
    Last edited by TookyG; 06-16-2004 at 09:01 AM.
    "Get a life will you people? I mean, for crying out loud it's just a TV show! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You've turned an enjoyable little job that I did as a lark for a few years into a colossal waste of time. I mean how old are you people, what have you done with yourselves. You, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner on SNL

Good editors does not equal good directors, much less someone who admitted to having no knowledge of Star Trek, IIRC.

Arrow

IIRC, Nicholas Meyer came with no prior knowledge of Star Trek when asked to direct Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. It was said that he had to cram before production shooting started.

But it goes to show that some actually gets it, and some do not.

And why didn't Berman get it by re-hiring Nicholas Meyer is way beyond my comprehension, perhaps the collective comprehension of longtime veteran posters of this messageboard.

Then again, even Meyer may not know what to do with the script other than order a rewrite or get a better writer than John Logan, who was credited for Russell Crowe's Gladiator film.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    Originally posted by REG
    IIRC, Nicholas Meyer came with no prior knowledge of Star Trek when asked to direct Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. It was said that he had to cram before production shooting started.

But it goes to show that some actually gets it, and some do not.

And why didn't Berman get it by re-hiring Nicholas Meyer is way beyond my comprehension, perhaps the collective comprehension of longtime veteran posters of this messageboard.

Then again, even Meyer may not know what to do with the script other than order a rewrite or get a better writer than John Logan, who was credited for Russell Crowe's Gladiator film.
    I recall reading an interview with Spiner in which he mentioned that at one point, him and Logan and Berman were sitting around Spiner's pool, smoking cigars, trying to come up with ideas to wrap the story up. Rationally, I know that this is probably a common sort of thing with screenplays, but it gave me a distinct feeling that they were, at some point, just coming up with shit off the top of their heads. "I've got it! Let's give Shinzon yet another paragraph of pointlessly abusive dialogue with the hot Romulan chick so that we can save ourselves the time and trouble of giving Dorn any significant lines!"

*sighs*

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

Originally posted by REG

At least he did his research.

Originally posted by Space_Cadet
    Good editors does not equal good directors, much less someone who admitted to having no knowledge of Star Trek, IIRC.
    I was simply stating that he isn't "no name," nothing more, nothing less.

As a side note, there's nothing wrong with bringing in fresh blood, it's exactly what Star Trek needs.
    "Get a life will you people? I mean, for crying out loud it's just a TV show! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You've turned an enjoyable little job that I did as a lark for a few years into a colossal waste of time. I mean how old are you people, what have you done with yourselves. You, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner on SNL

Originally posted by Rayaru
    I know Berman said there was work on a Prequel movie, but I find it fascinating that the Ent crew is billed.

How reliable is IMDB in predicting these things?
    I went to the link. I didn't see anywhere that the ENT crew is being billed.
    Unless, you were referring to the message board, but message boards are filled with unsubstantiated speculation.
    This has even been discussed over at TrekBBS with nothing as hard evidence other than "there is something in the works."

Arrow

Originally posted by TookyG

As a side note, there's nothing wrong with bringing in fresh blood, it's exactly what Star Trek needs.
    Perhaps, but for the record, they used a couple of fresh bloods for NEMESIS.

I'd rather have Nicholas Meyer back.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

I liked Nemesis. It had its problems but every Trek movie to date has.

Originally posted by LtCdr Kagan
    I went to the link. I didn't see anywhere that the ENT crew is being billed.
    Unless, you were referring to the message board, but message boards are filled with unsubstantiated speculation.
    This has even been discussed over at TrekBBS with nothing as hard evidence other than "there is something in the works."
    They changed the site since I made that post.... I think my question was answered
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!