Thread: [Coda]22nd Century Plasma Hand Weapons??

Question [Coda]22nd Century Plasma Hand Weapons??

Are they derivative or of the same family of as the disruptors? Or are they just a separate class of weapons, like not related to disruptors or phase/phasers weapons?
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

http://members.aol.com/talonstudio/treks/tech.html

Scroll down to Blasters. I think they are basicly the same stuff as the Plasma Weapons.

They would be a seperate class of weapons as I see it.

After looking at the link. . .a blaster kinda sounds like the PPG from B5.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    One idea for blaster tech uses a laser to heat a pellet to a plasma state, this little bundle is then projected at the target to deliver kinetic and heat damage. So it is a projectile weapon, with a really nasty projectile, hey... superheated gas is no fun.
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

hmmm. Well thanks for the info .. i guess its safe to say that laser stats in PG is for plasma weapons considering that lasers don't really exist in Star Trek.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Originally posted by Antonsb214
    One idea for blaster tech uses a laser to heat a pellet to a plasma state, this little bundle is then projected at the target to deliver kinetic and heat damage. So it is a projectile weapon, with a really nasty projectile, hey... superheated gas is no fun.
    As I recall, there was at least one reference to a 'plasma bullet' on ENT during the first season, so this might be a better technological basis for the plasma weapons.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
    --Mentat Coffee Mantra