Thread: Klinongs in Stargate SG-1

Klinongs in Stargate SG-1

Yesterday while whaching an old epesode of SG-1 I saw one realy weird thing, behind the trone of Gould lord there was a collection of swords and among them I saw a Klinong bathlet.

Now i dont remember the name of the epesode but the story was that SG-1 got captured and 2 scientists saved their asses
    and if its gona help the actor who played one of the scientists plays Floks on Enterprice
    Worf: OW! That does it -- ram the cube.
    Ensign: Wait, here comes the Enterprise!
    Worf: Oo, even better. Ram that instead.
    Ensign: Sir?
    Worf: I don't like Riker much

"Yesterday while whaching an old epesode of SG-1 I saw one realy weird thing, behind the trone of Gould lord there was a collection of swords and among them I saw a Klinong bathlet.

Now i dont remember the name of the epesode but the story was that SG-1 got captured and 2 scientists saved their asses
    and if its gona help the actor who played one of the scientists plays Floks on Enterprice"

I don't remember the Klingon bat'leth in the episode, but the one with John Billingsly, who plays Phlox, was The Other Guys. The other "other guy" was Patrick McKenna - Harold on The Red Green Show.

Yup, noticed the Bat'leth first off. "The Other Guys" was a great ep.

Yep, The Other Guys is a classic. The Star Trek references are rife throughout it, mainly because the main "Other Guy" (can't remember his name, off the top of my head) was a Trek fan. One of my favourite lines was when he uttered:

"How can you call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry?!"

*ROTFLMAO*

My wife and I have a long-running argument about that ep. She always cheers the underdog, and reckons it was a "real" episode (except for the Carter-kiss at the end, which she admits was a fantasy), but she ignores the volumes of evidence that the whole thing was in the Trek-fan geek's mind.

<ul>
    <li> Bat'leth on the wall behind the Tok'ra/Goa'uld lord
    <li> Just "happening" to stumble into a deserted central control room
    <li> Just "happening" to find an air-conditioning conduit leading right past the brig on a ha'tak
    <li> The geeks managing to get past the Jaffa while wearing glasses and with their tattoos put on with black marker pen
    <li> A Tok'ra taking on the persona of a major Goa'uld, not a minor functionary
    <li> Numerous battles where O'Neill and Teal'c take out dozens of Jaffa...behind closed doors. Very cartoony...
    </ul>

It is the best parody episode in the series, even moreso than Wormhole X-Treme (which was pretty bloody funny!) :P
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

You have the spelling of a toh'bah! I should kill you!

Uruz - Alexander Skrabut - uruzrune@gmail.com

Originally posted by Aldaron

My wife and I have a long-running argument about that ep. She always cheers the underdog, and reckons it was a "real" episode (except for the Carter-kiss at the end, which she admits was a fantasy), but she ignores the volumes of evidence that the whole thing was in the Trek-fan geek's mind.

<ul>
    <li> Bat'leth on the wall behind the Tok'ra/Goa'uld lord
    <li> Just "happening" to stumble into a deserted central control room
    <li> Just "happening" to find an air-conditioning conduit leading right past the brig on a ha'tak
    <li> The geeks managing to get past the Jaffa while wearing glasses and with their tattoos put on with black marker pen
    <li> A Tok'ra taking on the persona of a major Goa'uld, not a minor functionary
    <li> Numerous battles where O'Neill and Teal'c take out dozens of Jaffa...behind closed doors. Very cartoony...
    </ul>

It is the best parody episode in the series, even moreso than Wormhole X-Treme (which was pretty bloody funny!) :P

I dont think the whole epesode was a fantasy because there was other epesode of SG-1 where one of the scientists designed a virust that was able to shutdown the gate he talked a lot about how he saved SG-1.
    My theoryis that the batleth was some cind of blooper
    or practical joke of some trek fan who participated in the production of the epesode
    Worf: OW! That does it -- ram the cube.
    Ensign: Wait, here comes the Enterprise!
    Worf: Oo, even better. Ram that instead.
    Ensign: Sir?
    Worf: I don't like Riker much

Such in-jokes are common in TV and movie production, and Stargate SG-1 is definitely no exception. The jokes make their way not only into background shots, but even into dialogue, as in the episode 1969, where O'Neill identifies himself first as "Captain James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise" and then as "Commander Luke Skywalker."

One of my favourite in-jokes is in the pilot, where Carter says that it took them two years to "MacGyver" a piece of equipment - the look on Richard Dean Anderson's face makes it clear that the line didn't read that way in his copy of the script.

Another continuing joke is when O'Neill tells people his name is spelled with two "L"s he habitually holds up three fingers.

Yeahh....urggg...ehh...

I'm stilll not convinced The Other Guys wasn't a fantasy episode. If it wasn't, it was appalling! Way to many silly things happened in it for me to take it seriously.

They often do "takes" with Trek, but it's always verbal, like the "Kirk" crack and the line where O'Neill and Carter are in the X-302 fighter.

Carter: "Inertial dampeners?" <font color=lightblue> (you'd have thunk someone as smart as Carter would have figured that one out by now, wouldn't you?)</font>
    O'Neill: "Check"
    Carter: "Environmental systems?"
    O'Neill: "Check"
    Carter: "Navigation?"
    O'Neill: "Check...Phasers?"
    Carter: "Sorry, sir..."

Hehehe...

Nah, I still reckon it was a fantasy - based on a real mission (which is why O'Neill recognised Anubis' First Prime at the end of Season 6), but the geeky guy added all his "elements" to it - including a big snog with Carter!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Klinongs are awesome.

Sorry, I couldn't resist
    "No captain kicked ass, took names, outsmarted the machines, and then scored the babes like the Kirkmeister" -Liquidator Queeg

Talking

Regarding naming the Prometheus:

Carter: No sir, we can't call it the Enterprise.

Originally posted by Snake_Plissken
    Klinongs are awesome.
    They're allies of the Remulans, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ineti
    Regarding naming the Prometheus:

Carter: No sir, we can't call it the Enterprise.
    And why again couldn't they do that?

You gonna Asspierce-me, or just send me a dead Rat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton
    "Yesterday while whaching an old epesode of SG-1 I saw one realy weird thing, behind the trone of Gould lord there was a collection of swords and among them I saw a Klinong bathlet.

and if its gona help the actor who played one of the scientists plays Floks on Enterprice"

I don't remember the Klingon bat'leth in the episode, but the one with John Billingsly, who plays Phlox, was The Other Guys. The other "other guy" was Patrick McKenna - Harold on The Red Green Show.
    Both of those guys seem pretty good to me.
    "Always beware of anything said by a person with a smile." -Cronan-sama
    http://www.cronan-memorial.com

http://sites.google.com/site/memoryeta
    Initially Trek, but haphazard Archival Site, no need to make it a Wiki.

http://web.archive.org/web/200410151.../ssd/ssds.html
    Don Miller's SSDs for Star Fleet Battles are here, axing the URL past sfb takes you to the main site.

Since we are on the topic of SG-1, my favorite was when they kept repeating time. Tilk and Oneil were playing golf through the Stargate!!

Classic!
    If Matt Damon is going to be Captain Kirk, does that mean Ben Affleck is gonna be Mr. Spock?

Quote Originally Posted by stule
    Since we are on the topic of SG-1, my favorite was when they kept repeating time. Tilk and Oneil were playing golf through the Stargate!!

Classic!
    Then there is when Oneil kissed the MAJ. But if we start going this way with this thread, maybe we should move this to General Discussion.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One