Thread: New Dominion War Timeline at StarTrek.com

New Dominion War Timeline at StarTrek.com

There's a new Dominion War timeline up at StarTrek.com. Although primarily a schill for selling DS9 DVDs, the timeline gives you dates, episode titles, episode order, and TV-Guide style episode slugs for the whole Dominion War story line.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    I've got a question: after launching the Timeline, I went to stardate 51149.5...the thumbnail looks very much like a Sovereign-class (I could be mistaken, of course). The pictures shows (what I presume to be) Starbase 375, and there seem to be three ships with similar lines to the Sovereign. Can anybody else tell what class ships these are?

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

I don't think they're Sovereigns. It looks like the saucers are too wide. I'm not sure what class they are, but they sort of look like an Excelsior/Ambassador blend.

The Seventh Most Dangerous City in the USA
    Originally posted by Ineti
    I don't think they're Sovereigns. It looks like the saucers are too wide. I'm not sure what class they are, but they sort of look like an Excelsior/Ambassador blend.
    *nods*

Obviously, it's not really that terribly important. It was just something that caught my eye. The reason they looked like Sovereigns to me was because I have seen the 1701-E at a similar angle with the saucer widening out significantly. And I had always assumed that no Sovereigns were actually shown in action on the show during the dominion war.

Strictly Speaking
    "When you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

I'm pretty sure the ship on the lower left corner is a Sovereign. The aspect and profile is very similar to what I have seen in games such as Bridge Commander.

The ship on the upper right corner could be a Sovereign, or it could be an Excelsior. No clue on the third ship... but I don't think it's an Ambassador, as those have thicker saucer sections.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

There are three Excelsiors, three Mirandas, the USS Defiant and the starbase in the image. It's a very low-res image, so it can sometimes be hard to make out details, but that's what they are...

No Sovereign ever appeared in DS9.