Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worlds manual at decipherstore.com

Question worlds manual at decipherstore.com

What a joke. I was browsing the Decipher website and they listed the worlds manual as their top selling rpg book in the last 24 hours. No new developments as I recall. Here, have a look at what they put on their site:http://shop.decipher.com/Catalog/pro...me=Roleplaying - ST
    live long and prosper

Manufacturer's has not finalized a delivery schedule. Your credit card will not be charged until your order ships.
    They had a few preorders i would guess

Hopefully no one's been charged for the purchase yet.

Hey, maybe if we deluge Decipher with pre-orders, they'll print it. Preorder a bunch of copies, then when you hear it's on the way, cancel all the orders but one.

LOL! I'm one of those fools that pre-ordered from the Decipher store.
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain

you should check out amazon
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Dear God. "This supernatural soliciting/cannot be good, cannot be ill." Decipher seems to have trapped us all in a hell of equivocation, where we honestly don't know whether we're coming or going.

I have no idea as to whether this is going to turn out to be the deliverance we've all been praying for, or another instance of Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown. If only they (and I'm getting pretty convinced that "they" come from pods, have cabbage leaves on the back of their heads, speak in a monotone, worship their infallible leader Zontar, and replaced the Decipher personnel while they slept, sometime last year) would see fit to let Doug or Don in on the action and give us the straight goods for once.

Oh well. I'll take it as a conditionally positive development; but it's strictly vaporware rumors from the Astral plane until either, a) Doug and/or Don confirm it, or, b) it shows up in the FLGSs.

It's nice to know that we are not alone in purgatory.
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain

I pre-ordered the book.

It's been so long since I did that I can't even remember what userid I used. I wrote down my order number but it's long lost now.

Hand me the gun.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

1st of 2: I have a cap gun? Wait wait I do have a paint ball gun.

Charlie B: I promise I won't pull the football away. I promise. I want you to kick the ball as bad as you do. Come on, get it a try.

7 of 11
    A
    7 of 11
    Bored of Borg?
    Try the new Species 8472!
    Hard to kill, Harder to find!

A retailer answered by question about this by saying this: "The book is not released, and I doubt it ever will be."

Originally posted by Fesarius (by way of his retailer)
    "The book is not released, and I doubt it ever will be."
    Very, very likely true. That's why something like this, all kidding aside, really does tick me off: it raises up those illogical, flare-in-the-darkness hopes that maybe, just maybe, we can beat the odds this time and get what we came here for.

This sort of thing is nothing less than a mean, dirty trick - Christ only knows who in the Decipher offices saw fit to put this up and dangle the carrot in front of our faces, one more time. I sincerely hope that, if this is, in fact, an erroneous advertisement, the person responsible will be reprimanded and this RPG equivalent of a desert mirage will be deleted from the sales list.

The expletive deleted book was supposed to have been out a year ago this month. I think your retailer - along with Cigarman, and countless others on this site - is on the money, Fesarius: we've seen the last of the DecipherTrek works with Creatures, and, if there is to be any more Coda-based material released, the people here will be entirely responsible for it.

By the way, there doesn't appear to be any new adventure posted for this month. Symptomatic of the creeping apathy over there? Or maybe whomever is responsible for this aspect of the games/Web site decided to put up the Worlds book instead, just to cut the boredom.

The expletive deleted book was supposed to have been out a year ago this month. I think your retailer - along with Cigarman, and countless others on this site - is on the money, Fesarius: we've seen the last of the DecipherTrek works with Creatures, and, if there is to be any more Coda-based material released, the people here will be entirely responsible for it.
    I thought that earlier this year (at E3 maybe?) Decipher was quoted as stating that they won't have any RPG releases in 2004. Can anyone confirm or deny this? So that 12 months+ just became 18 months+.

Originally posted by D.S.McBride
    By the way, there doesn't appear to be any new adventure posted for this month. Symptomatic of the creeping apathy over there?
    Nah, more likely they've simply run out of pre-made adventures to post.

Worst part is.

Worlds was the book that I had really been waiting for with LUG, but I sucked it up and moved on. Then when it was announced I figured a second chance, and have equally been waiting for this too.

And it is moving increasingly further and further away.

You know what. This being Trek and all, you would think that a 'worlds' type sourcebook would be one of the FIRST things published... Or maybe I am thinking about the wrong TV show?
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Yeah, I've been really looking forward to Worlds, too.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!