Thread: Migration

Question Migration

I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that Decipher will be letting their RPG lines stagnate or otherwise move on. To that end, it may be considered wise to begin formulating a new area to migrate to for posting. I really like the layout of this one, so if it's possible for someone else to start one, you may keep this layout in mind, if possible. I thought I should start this thread for all of those out there that have hosting that might be able to suggest a new common ground. Thanks!
    "First, learn to use this," he said, indicating the boy's head. "Then, I'll teach you to use this," indicating the sword.

Decipher has just opened up new messageboards on their websites for all their products and they are still quite popular.

GOB

Decipher RPG Forums

Retention?

My concern is that they will shut down the boards after they officially drop the RPGs - does that sound like a possibility, or am I worrying for nothing?
    "First, learn to use this," he said, indicating the boy's head. "Then, I'll teach you to use this," indicating the sword.

I don't think they will, they have boards for the now-defunct Star Wars CCG's they produced, though they are grouped together with the RPG boards in the Other CCG's and RPG's Forum grouping. Doesn't sound to optimistic does it for the games though, does it?

Wait ... are you, with 21 posts under your belt, coming onto Don's board to suggest that people leave Don's board, establish a new board elsewhere, and imitate his look and feel? That seems rather cold to me...

I think he may possibly be under the impression that forum.trel-rpg.net is owned/sponsored by Decipher, and would be shut down along with the official boards. It's not a hard mistake to make, as this forum is quite often mentioned and linked to, and Doug is also a moderator here.

If that's what you're thinking, theBruce, I believe this forum is privately owned and will continue to operate with no problems if Decipher squashes the game.

I could be wrong about what you're thinking though!

Absolutely correct

ben hur; You're absolutely correct, I was under the impression that this forum was Decipher's - mae culpa, and my apologies,

Fesarius; Fear not, I will not post on this board again.