Thread: Elves , Wights and The Black Breath

Elves , Wights and The Black Breath

Salutation to all !

Let's talk about the black Breath shall we ?
    I have some questions for witch I possess no awnsers....

Hoping to find someone to help me....

Are elves immune to the Black Breath ?
    If someone dies of the Black Breath do they become wraiths ?
    If so what would be there Stat's ?
    If someone is killed by a wight do they become wights themselves ???

Thanks

LeLoupArdent

I don't believe there is anything in the rules that prevents an Elf from being affected by the Black Breath. And it wasn't as if the Elves during the War of the Ring were lining up to tangle with the Nazgul. Only Glorfindel and Gildor Inglorion seemed to be their match, and those Elves were very powerful Noldor who (presumably) had known the Light of Aman. My understanding is that the Black Breath by itself does not cause one to become a wraith, nor would simply anyone killed by a Ringwraith become a wraith. This fate, the books imply, is reserved only for those killed by a morgul blade, one of the ensorcled knives wielded by the Witch-king. Presumably, the Nazgul might wield other weapons and spells which could accomplish the same thing, but this fate shouldn't be automatic for simply anyone struck down by a Ringwraith.
    Scottomir's LOTR Game Resources:
    http://www.geocities.com/scott_metz/

Further to previous answers:

The Witch-King of Angmar is/was (depending on when your chronicle is set) unable to be slain by a blade wielded by man. This would imply that it had been tried to my mind. And, there are a distinct lack of other wraiths around. Of course, death by a Morgul Blade takes one into the realm of shadow. Whether or not such a weapon needs to be wielded by a 'wraith is unknown to me. I would assume not, but...

(Just my take on things)

Cheers

Tas
    I'm NOT stupid, I'm NOT expendable and I'm NOT going!

Salutation to all !

I thank you my friends for coming so rapidly to awnser my trivial question .

Thanks

LeLoupArdent